• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crossing Paths (541)

Hi Serebii,
Anyway, does this remind anyone else of the episode ''Bye bye Butterfree''? when Ash's Butterfree found a shiny pink Butterfree and left Ash?
I wonder what other Pokemon Jessie will get???

Exactly! It's a Jessie version of it.

ShadowDragon16

It would make sense if they did that. Some of the younger viewers won't know what we're talking about because it aired before they were born

Electric Shock Showdown came before Bye Bye Butterfree, and they showed flashbacks of that one.

I enjoyed the episode, an episode where Ash and co/TR work together it was nice. Also I felt sad for Jessie, normally she's just a ***** but at least when we see emtional episodes for her we know she's got some emtion in her.

Fire_Fan

Watch me burn..
Just looking at the pictures of this episode it looks great, even thought its similar to the Butterfree episode it still stands on it's own two feet.

BugLoverCody

Drowns in Cultness
The moment Jessie broke the ball - too moving. Even if the episode is almost the same as the Butterfree one, Jessie needed some more quality screentime and some backround storyline.

Liked this episode and I hope Jessie gets a great Pokemon to replace Dustox.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Well just seen the episode. Though this episode has similar concept to "ByeBye Butterfree" episode, i think that it was in a way different from that episode.
In "ByeBye Butterfree", the whole point of the episode was Butterfree trying to impress the Shiny Butterfree. But in this episode, the writers are focusing on the past event of Jessie's life & the decision she took which turned out to be wrong for her. Though there was not much of Dustox in this episode (compared to the amount of appearence Butterfree got in "ByeBye Butterfree"), the episode was in the whole a good one.
And i also liked the fact that the writers didn't try to hide the fact that this episode was in a way remake of a previous episode in any way, infact they themselves pointed out that fact.

Trainer Rob

The Mighty Gooch
I haven't really been keeping myself up to date with the anime.

I couldn't help but laugh at seeing Happiny carrying and then throwing that huge boulder. It's actually quite intimidating....

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
When did they do that? As I recall, there were no flashbacks to that episode.

Well there was not flashback in the episode itself but at the end of both the episode they showed clips from "Electric Shock Showdown" & also clips of Ash catching Caterpie to when it evolved to Metapod & then to Butterfree & at last clips from "ByeBye Butterfree" episode.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well there was not flashback in the episode itself but at the end of both the episode they showed clips from "Electric Shock Showdown" & also clips of Ash catching Caterpie to when it evolved to Metapod & then to Butterfree & at last clips from "ByeBye Butterfree" episode.

I don't remember that.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Anyone else like Jessie's hair the other ways its been shown instead of her usual curved ponytail?
The episode where she captured Seviper, I really liked that short hair.

I do.

I really liked how her hair looked like during that flashback to her childhood.

That was at the complete end, right? Like, after Professor Oak did his Pokémon analyze?

Seraphen

Ain't bitter
Dustox was my most favourite pokmon of Jessie. But I guess it had to go.

I just couldn't help my tears, its indeed a impeccable episode. This is a remake Bye Bye Buterfree, but it still distincts from that. I love the fact they focused on Jessie's lifetime with Dustox.

Altogether this episode is really fascinating. Well, goodbye Dustox my friend...

I never liked Dustox, I don't know why. I just didn't seem to feel for it. Until this episode that is.
It was only on watching it through twice, along with some of the commentaries in this thread that I was able to understand the point of the Jessie flashback (which i didn't really like - too anime for me). The smashing of the pokéball underfoot was a very powerful and emotional act, which I praise the writers for.
In conclusion then, I can say that I liked this episode very much. Will the dub manage to pull off the emotion though...?

Manchee

extra toasty
I never liked Dustox, I don't know why. I just didn't seem to feel for it. Until this episode that is.

I did. I loved it in every way.

The smashing of the Pokéball underfoot was a very powerful and emotional act, which I praise the writers for.

Yea, I think that was excellent. I only saw it in part of a spoiler video, but it looked very well preformed.

Will the dub manage to pull off the emotion though...?

Prolly not. They aren't good with that kind of stuff.

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
Cute episode and emotional.. it was handled quite well, but.. "Bye bye butterfree" was much better in terms of Emotion. This episode din't made me cry, unlike the Chimchar episode or Bye bye butterfree, etc.

Elite Four Muadita

It was a nice touch that the only ribbon Jessie for was with Dustox right before releasing her.