• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crossing Paths (541)

Araleon

Chill
This was one of the best episodes in Sinnoh ever. I loved Dustox. And Jessie's emotion... It was really powerful. Personally, I was hoping up until the part where she smashed the ball crying for Dustox to leave and be happy instead of staying, like the loyal Pokemon it was, for it to stay. But I knew it was coming... I wish Seviper left instead.

I wonder i the writers will let Jessie win anymore contests? I obviously hope so(points to userbar). Yanmega has hope with its moveset.

So, ya. Loved the episode, can't wait for the dubbed to be aired, and it has to be called ANother One Bites the Dustox! It so fits.

firelovindocker

I watched the japanese ep and i loved it.
Cant w8 4 it.
I wish wobba left

aipom1234

Master Coordinator
I really cried when I saw this episode ;___; very dramatic :3

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was good. It was a little cool to see a shiny Dustox. It was hilarious when Croagunk managed to Poison Jab Brock during Nurse Joy’s speech on the Dustox crossing (he must really enjoy the job he has). It amazed me a little to see that Confusion can be used to move something as big as a small lake. I do find Jessie to be a little annoying, but I did feel bad that she had to release Dustox.

PokemonHero

I can see the future
So the dub just aired and I have to say that this was a good episode. Pretty sad with Jessie releasing Dustox (even though I knew it was coming). I think one of the best parts of the episode was Jessie smashing Dustox's Poke Ball. It just gave that feeling of finality to the whole situation. Though I do think the funniest moment was Happiny carrying the giant boulder.

Also, did anyone else besides me notice the background music from Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea when they were refilling the lake?

Dattebayo

Banned
I couldn't enjoy the episode because my brother was watching Halo 3 videos on youtube. I could've raised the volume, but I was too lazy to do it. The dramatic scene between Jessie and Dustox was kinda poorly done for me.

pokemaniac10

クロツグ
The Dub finnaly aired and the episode is good. better than the Chingling episode.

Also, did anyone else besides me notice the background music from Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea when they were refilling the lake?
I noticed it.

pi-pikachu1_1

GIMME BAK MAH COOKIE
The dramatic scene between Jessie and Dustox was kinda poorly done for me.

WHAT?? Why? Michelle Knotz is great. She rly is, and that scene was excellent, comparing her to her Japanese counterpart Megumi. Now I know why it was called "Crossing Paths"

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
WHAT?? Why? Michelle Knotz is great.

no, she gives me headaches. i miss Rachael Lillis... but, that episode had to have been the best one of the series yet! A bit over dramatic, though ;) any way, did anyone but me notice how when Jessie had her flash backs, she looked just like her mom, almost? Also, it seems that every time we see something from Jessie's childhood, she has a different hair style like, at first it was what it is now, then braids or something, then her moms.... o_O

R_N

I really liked this episode.
It was sad to see Dustox go, but that's to be expected. A shame it never got a lot of screentime, but at least it won a contest before it left.

I wonder if we'll see it again, when the gang crosses Mt. Coronet....nah, doubt it.

pearlrocket86

Middle Trainer
no, she gives me headaches. i miss Rachael Lillis... but, that episode had to have been the best one of the series yet! A bit over dramatic, though ;) any way, did anyone but me notice how when Jessie had her flash backs, she looked just like her mom, almost? Also, it seems that every time we see something from Jessie's childhood, she has a different hair style like, at first it was what it is now, then braids or something, then her moms.... o_O

I like Michelle Knots, not as much as I did Racheal Lillis, but she's the next best thing. I just wish she would make Jessie's voice a little deeper like Racheal did instead of making her high pitched. Also about Jessie's hair, I think probaly when she was little she wore it similar to her mom's because it has been mentioned that her and her mom look similar. Then growing older she proabaly wore it in braids, like we saw in the Blissey episode, and then finally her "present" long-curled style.

I really liked this episode because it's nice to see Jessie getting some character background episodes. We've already had a good few about Jame's back stories but seldom have been about Jessie's. I was also glad that in D/P series the "twerps" witness Jessie and James releasing their Pokemon so at least they know that they aren't "totally bad". It was really heart renching when Jessie smashed Dustox's Pokeball, I wonder what it was thinking when she did that. At least it will be happy, for itself and Jessie, and I can't wait to see Yanma. ^^

Wonder if, in the next few episodes, Jessie has trouble getting over it? Remeber when Jame's gave away Cacnea, didn't it like take him a couple of episodes before he got over it? At least I thought it did.

JasonChu

PikaAsh:o
I almost cried in this episode,But Jessie will meet that Guy again in the future dramatic 9/10

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
I can't believe they gave Jessie such a great episode! This is probably the first time I ever felt anything other than apathy towards her, and I really liked her as a human being (in an anime mind you).

THANK YOU! yes, that's EXACTLY what i was saying when i watched this. It was SO AMZING!! It's one of those episodes that just makes you cry, ya know? I loved seeing Jessie show so much emotion, and TR was helping the situation for once.

What I also thought was cool and really creative was when Jessie and the boy's Dustox managed to move the water back into the lake. I thought that was an amzing way to work together and really show off their talents. When I saw it, i thought to myself, "wow, that would make an amazing combination for a contest."

Im gonna kind of miss Dustox. He was kind of cute. and OMG!!! I actually have a shiny Dustox! When I saw it, I was like, "THAT'S MINE!!!' lol....

Brocko18

Training telekinetic
I can't believe they gave Jessie such a great episode! This is probably the first time I ever felt anything other than apathy towards her, and I really liked her as a human being (in an anime mind you).

THANK YOU! yes, that's EXACTLY what i was saying when i watched this. It was SO AMZING!! It's one of those episodes that just makes you cry, ya know? I loved seeing Jessie show so much emotion, and TR was helping the situation for once.

What I also thought was cool and really creative was when Jessie and the boy's Dustox managed to move the water back into the lake. I thought that was an amzing way to work together and really show off their talents. When I saw it, i thought to myself, "wow, that would make an amazing combination for a contest."

Im gonna kind of miss Dustox. He was kind of cute. and OMG!!! I actually have a shiny Dustox! When I saw it, I was like, "THAT'S MINE!!!' lol....

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
this episode brought back memories lol it was my very first new episode of Pokemon i watched when i started watching in Japanese but yet it still felt like it was my first time watching it

Cobalt_Latios

Well, another episode goes by and this one was actually pretty decent, better than that other "filler" episode we had last week (and usually, I'd post about in the threads, but it really didn't appeal to me... though it didn't help that my interest wasn't there. Not a good move).

Anyways, this one wasn't really a typical "filler", despite it "filling" in between the gyms. It actually felt your run of the mill "episode". I was initially going to just do bullet form of what I liked/disliked/odded me out, I figured I'd just respond to any posts that have something similar to what I was going to say.

It was hilarious when Croagunk managed to Poison Jab Brock during Nurse Joy’s speech on the Dustox crossing (he must really enjoy the job he has).
That was probably the funniest thing Croagunk has ever done yet. I mean, he jabs him, then Brock is just standing there the next moment looking all "cool" ans such, then collapses. Either Brock is developing the ability immunity, or Croagunk's Poison Jab isn't quite as effective at knocking down Brock for extended periods of time. But then, that just means he gets to get one more in! hehehe.

It amazed me a little to see that Confusion can be used to move something as big as a small lake. I do find Jessie to be a little annoying, but I did feel bad that she had to release Dustox.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?? Why? Michelle Knotz is great. She rly is, and that scene was excellent, comparing her to her Japanese counterpart Megumi. Now I know why it was called "Crossing Paths"
Not to mention that the whole event in question is called "Dustox Crossing'. But yeah, it works I guess. I found Michelle Knotz did a good job in this episode, if you actually decide to consider it.

So the dub just aired and I have to say that this was a good episode. Pretty sad with Jessie releasing Dustox (even though I knew it was coming). I think one of the best parts of the episode was Jessie smashing Dustox's Poke Ball.
I honestly was waiting for that blue light that signifies "released" as in what Paul does. Granted, this isn't Paul by any means... so that could be ignored.

It just gave that feeling of finality to the whole situation.
Alright, I'll give it that much.

Though I do think the funniest moment was Happiny carrying the giant boulder.
Yes, that was perhaps one of the funniest moments in this episode, besides the 2nd consecutive Poison Jab. She just chucks it and pretty much finishes the wall.

I would have, but I was too busy "watching" the show. Sorry about that.

I really liked this episode because it's nice to see Jessie getting some character background episodes.[/b]
No kidding. We got one back in Kanto... one in Johto (about a good 200 episode gap) and now one in Sinnoh (add another 300+ episodes). There's such a huge gap in between that it's amazing that it took so long to know her past. Eh, for a 10 year old show that's still running, I suppose it's okay.

One of the few things that I was waiting for to happen, but actually glad it didn't happen was when Ash and co. went to see what was causing the lake to drain. I was half expecting Ash to accuse Team Rocket of causing it.

I was amazed at how quickly Jessie insisted that Dustox should leave and follow it's heart. I got the impression that Jessie would have had a much harder time letting go, but it seemed that she was somewhat easy going with it (lets not go too deep here...).

Now the one thing that bugged me was that guy. I'm certain that that guy just looked liked Jessie's childhood friend and that in no way was him. But, if someone thinks otherwise, well let me know.

I was rather shocked when Jessie decided to "smash" Dustox's pokeball. But, it's not like this hasn't been done before (the pokeball smashing, not the episode).

~C_L~

PokemonHero

I can see the future
I would have, but I was too busy "watching" the show. Sorry about that.

Well, normally I really do not take much notice to the background music. However, this episode and the last gym episode, the music really caught my ear. Perhaps it was because they both had movie pieces that I could immediately recognize.