• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crossing Paths (541)

JudySpell

Banned
Jessie's Dustox was the TRio's best Pokemon to me when I was a kid so I cried when it left with that Shiny Dustox to breed. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow it was cool seeing a glacier as well as finding out about Jessie's childhood school days. I liked seeing the pokemon help out to stop the flowing water and Dustox's departure was sad. :(

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We have been long overdue for the full details on Jessie's past. She's actually a very interesting character, as mundane as she may seem considering how often Team Rocket appears. I'm so glad that we got some background for her.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Dustox leaving to mate seemed like a callback to Ash's old Butterfree. :)

I think it was done purposely cuz the Dustox that Jessie's Dustox flew off with was shiny, which seemed like a reference to the pink Butterfree that Ash's Butterfree went with to breed as well. ^^

Alloutℯ

Banned
I adored the fact that more of Jessie's past was shown in this episode, but my nitpick was that it kind of ruined what little continuity she had. It just didn't fit with some previously established events. Also, I was heartbroken when Dustox left.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Musashi's Dokucale fell in love with Taiki's Shiny Dokucale seemed like a reference to Satoshi's Butterfree's situation, and this episode did a good job of humanizing Musashi; the flashbacks of her teenage years made the anime's continuity more confusing, however. The ending was bittersweet, and you could almost feel Musashi's sadness.

Daizy

I call you honey
Wow is all I have to say on Jessie's revealed past. And here I always figured that Jessie's love life was so messed up because she was being moved around so much.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I felt crushed when Musashi let Dokucale go free, which I felt was frustrating since we hardly got to see them bond on-screen, not even back during Advanced Generation.

MockingJ

Banned
I wonder why nobody in the episode noticed that the other guy's Dustox was shiny. If I were in the pokemon world and saw a shiny of any kind I would be extatic. This episode reminded me of the episode "Bye, Bye, Butterfree" in so many ways. The 2 main reasons are: a) moth/butterfly, not too many differences; and b) the specific pokemon it fell in love with was one with an abnormal coloring. Of course with Butterfree the other one wasn't even the right color to be called shiny, but it still wasn't the right color.

Shinies are more common in the cartoon than in the games so characters in the show rarely make a big deal about them.

Zamin

This is such a great episode. It is definitely one of the best I have ever seen of any season.

I felt so emotional, I even cried in this episode a bit. It was sad to see Jessie letting Dustox go and when she crushed the poke ball it tore me apart.

I liked the pairing with the shiny Dustox though, that was cool.

I wonder why Astin didn't remember Jessie, I hope we get to see him again, he is in contests so maybe he will reappear.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zamin said:
I wonder why Astin didn't remember Jessie, I hope we get to see him again, he is in contests so maybe he will reappear.

If you're referring to the COTD with the Shiny Dokucale [whose name was Taiki in the Japanese version I believe], that was just a look-alike of the boy that Musashi knew when she was younger.

Zamin

If you're referring to the COTD with the Shiny Dokucale [whose name was Taiki in the Japanese version I believe], that was just a look-alike of the boy that Musashi knew when she was younger.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing up. I guess I got confused as they looked so similar.