• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crossing the Battle Line! (535)

niedude

Don't forget to grin
If you ask me Brive Bird dont fit to Staravia because his small size but you saw Staraptor and how he was awesome when he used brive bird.

Iam feeling that Staravia will evolve soon and get the spotlight Against Floatzel in the next GYM.

Volt tackle is the same thing (as previously mentioned) and it fits pikachu perfectly(always reminds me of super sayians XD)

Dax

Legend
Performance level I think I will say Piplup was the best, Buneary was in the middle and then Ambipom as the worst one.

I feel Ambipom just took advantage of Buneary's last battle. It ended Buneary's work and then it got whooped pretty easily by Lucario.

09Murphym

I remember how people said that dawn was going to get beaten badly. While Dawn lost, she went down with a fight.

Last edited:

RYKUU

Water Trainer
Maybe the reason Staravia Laernt Brave Bird so fast while it look Turtwig ages to master Energy Ball, Is because Staravia can naturally learn Brave Bird on its own. While Turtwig had to train harder as it was learning a move it can only learn in the games via TM, so It would have to of trianed harder to learn it!

mkes sense there mate, i got all exited when i saw the episode name, i was like " YES! finally dawn will get a badge", i was dissapointed

uber gon

Accept Change
Buneary lost! Not that it wasn't to be expected, but still, I, and most other people were rooting for her. I know Dawn wasn't going to win the Gym Battle, and it made sense that Ambipom had the only victory, but STILL. That thing needs victories! Though for all we know it could just be suffering from Torchic/Taillow syndrome, where it does pretty much nothing until it evolves and then becomes a God.

And about this Brave Bird thing. Yes Staravia is seen glowing and all that, but did no one notice that it never actually collided with anything? If it doesn't complete the attack with hitting something, how are we to know how powerful it will be and how Staravia will deal with the recoil? Because of this, I don't think it's completely finished learning the attack. It still has to use it in a battle. And as other people have stated, Swellow learned Aerial Ace in a single episode...

Don't worry, I'm sure Brave Bird will be used n the gym.

Rosakai

CHOCOLATE!!!!
Ambipom was the only one I knew would win a battle, as she was the only one who knew what she was doing.

What's this? Piplup was in his Pokeball during part of the episode? Now, let's just hope he STAYS in there from now on. I'm getting sick of Piplup trying to act like a mascot.

Yay! Buneary was used in this episode. Even if it didn't pull of a win, at least it put up a fight (especially since we haven't seen it in a major battle since its first contest I believe). Imo, I think Buneary did a bit better than Ambipom considering Ambipom just finished what Buneary started but then got knocked out pretty quickly by Lucario. Speaking of Lucario...

Wow, the writers are totally making Lucario so awesome. The Star Wars Bone Rush, the Wolverine Metal Claw, the Kamehamaha/Hadoken Aura Sphere, and the electrifying explosive Force Palm! Lucario really looked like an awesome pokemon this episode.

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Yay! Buneary was used in this episode. Even if it didn't pull of a win, at least it put up a fight (especially since we haven't seen it in a major battle since its first contest I believe). Imo, I think Buneary did a bit better than Ambipom considering Ambipom just finished what Buneary started but then got knocked out pretty quickly by Lucario. Speaking of Lucario...

Wow, the writers are totally making Lucario so awesome. The Star Wars Bone Rush, the Wolverine Metal Claw, the Kamehamaha/Hadoken Aura Sphere, and the electrifying explosive Force Palm! Lucario really looked like an awesome pokemon this episode.

Did anyone else think that the force palm seemed like a DBZ tecnique?
Cause I have a vegeta in tenkaichi (a dbz game for those who don't know) and usues an attack similiar to lucario's force palm...

^ Wow, you're right. That Force Palm did look like something from DBZ. Lucario seems like it got the warrior treatment with its moves and battling style.

Anyway, I forgot to talk about Staravia. I'm so happy it got to learn Brave Bird. We haven't seen it do anything useful and it seems like Veilstone has treated it well!

Misty Fanboi13

Over Analyst
buneary did pretty good considering its type disadvantage and its lack of expirience, it i think this is the first time the swirly-spinning dodge has failed anyone

o.O

Hey Girl Hey
Wow, Dawn sucks at almost everything.

What attack was Staravia trying to learn? Brave bird or sky attack?

^ It was Brave Bird.

Which I'm so happy Staravia's learning. From the episode, it really looks like a powerful attack.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow, Dawn sucks at almost everything.

Seriously! She's only won one ribbon, and it's been ages since she even got past the preliminary rounds.

If you ask me, I think Staravia will evolve soon. Did you ever notice how the only three Pokemon to ever evolve in the series were Starly, Bonsly, and Aipom. And two of the three evolved before Ash even had his first badge!

niedude

Don't forget to grin
Seriously! She's only won one ribbon, and it's been ages since she even got past the preliminary rounds.

If you ask me, I think Staravia will evolve soon. Did you ever notice how the only three Pokemon to ever evolve in the series were Starly, Bonsly, and Aipom. And two of the three evolved before Ash even had his first badge!

We all noticed that, so what?
I seriously didn't get how that relates to the rest of the posts....

Anyway, moving on.... I see buizel pulling a corphish, especially since floatzel has that "look" that totally belies Buizel's persona... You know, creepy and smiling (as creepy as a water weasel can get, thats not much I know). It's just a feeling.....

And no evos for the time being, I think the next change will be ages for now.

Yup ppl, we have oficially entered the PLOT!!!!!! :O

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Guys, there is time for Dawn to win more ribbons and for more pokemon to evove later in this very long saga. Dawn has to win four ribbons in the time that Ash obtains five more badges, so either contests become more spread out or she has more losses than May- the writers chose the latter option and they've handled it very well, and that way allows for more rivals and more purposes for non-gym towns. As for evolution- Turtwig has only had about 65 episodes and three gyms in its present form, and will clearly have a pivotal role in the next gym. Chimchar has only just joined Ash's team and is still adapting to his new trainer's approach to battles, and the same goes for Buizel. Staravia won't evolve for a while, methinks, as I see him taking down Fantina's Drifblim.