• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crossing the Battle Line! (535)

Dax

Legend
Is her last pokemon Drifblim or Mismagius?

Whoever is the strongest pokemon in that gym should die in the hands of Mukkuhawk.

I wonder why Ash had Gligar watch Staravia's training? Me think something good is going to happen to Gligar later on.

Cobalt_Latios

Yay, I was able to watch this episode (had to go somewhere today but, eh, it was fun) and I must say, not bad, not bad at all.

Alright, to be honest I think I spent more time taking snapshots of this episode for use in the captions thread than actually watching it, but from what I was seeing, I was different.

It seems to me that Ash was able to get Staravia to learn Brave Bird before he went and watched Dawn's battle (a little comment on his actions later). It was also pretty amusing to have Paul's Electabuzz simply lolling around and watching the training. It even seemed amazed when Staravia actually pulled it off. Personally, Brave Bird should stay as a fireball-esque move than a "blue volt-tackle" esque move (as it seems to be used as such).

Now, the battle itself was probably pretty interesting, given that Dawn was in fact able to successfully defeat at least 1 of Maylene's Pokémon (heh, Lucarion not being one of them), and not to mention both Brock and Reiji sitting in proper fashion in the gym, whilst Ash decides to continue to wear his shoes indoors (seeing as his feet were in the gym anyways, and that he was sorting "cheering" Dawn on, I guess it fits).

First 2 rounds were pretty neat, Buneary actually getting in at least 1 hit on Meditite (I consider frozen a hit), and Ambipom finishes it off (what the heck was it using against Meditite? It sure doesn't look like Focus Punch... unless, is it 'Doubel Hit'?). Of course, Lucario comes in and uses a very Jedi-esque Bone Rush to finish off Ambipom ([insert witty Star Wars joke here]).

Now, I know that I find Lucario to be a very cool Pokémon, and that it has some kickass moves to use, but in all honesty, I personally think they went just a tad overboard with Movie 8 music. Don't get me wrong, the music suits Lucario just fine, though I find they're milking this a little much.

The battle with Lucario and Piplup was awesome. Whirpool + Peck, Force Palm + Peck, Aura Sphere + Peck, Whirpool + Metal Claw. I swear, Metal Claw was done in the most unique fashion for Lucario; the spikes on its arms were the Metal Claw. Then, what do you know, Dawn gets cocky and decides she can win this by sending Piplup right through the smoke; completely bewildering Maylene. Of course, Maylene is the gym leader and therefore isn't going to win that easily and finishes off Piplup with a "grand slam" Force Palm.

Overall, some pretty good battling, Starvia learns a new move, and Maylene is back to her old self again ready to battle against Ash.

And, the preview for the next episode looks awesome. Ash is using Chimchar, but apparently, Buizel is still battling Lucario. Though, the cool attack used at the end of the preview is telling me that Ash is learning how to use Aqua Jet to a whole new level.

... Before I go: honestly, fans of Lucario/Riolu, we get that you want to have Ash have either one. Personally, me too... but to a lesser extent. Now, seeing how much screentime Lucario gets within these three episodes plus a movie automatically tells me that the writers are getting the most out of this guy as much as they possibly can. After this whole gym arc, I could care less if Lucario doesn't make another appearance till either Riley or Cynthia. This guy got three episodes nearly to himself. I think that's pretty generous don't ya think. Don't get me wrong, the guy's awesome, it does suit Ash. Does it need to go to him? No, not really. [end 'o' rant]

~C_L~

uber gon

Accept Change
Is her last pokemon Drifblim or Mismagius?

Whoever is the strongest pokemon in that gym should die in the hands of Mukkuhawk.

I wonder why Ash had Gligar watch Staravia's training? Me think something good is going to happen to Gligar later on.

I'm sure Ash is just showing the ropes to Gligar.

Heh, I suppose people will consider a Gentle Fist user now after watching Force Palm.

I watched the episode and it's not that bad. I mean, Dawn is conscious about her lost. Also, I wanted Buneary to at least take out one of Maylene's Pokémon.

Poke'T<3

ASH FAN GIRL!!!!!<3
I cant believe they actually made piplup last that long against a lucario he should have been out in one aura sphere no doubt. Ambipom was the only one with enough experience i must say i think ambipom looked WAY better battling then doing appeals she looked beastly!
Staravia was awesome learning that move so easy i cant wait for an evolution into staraptor he will so rock out then.
Why must the writers constantly mess Buneary up. It was so cruel of them to battle her in a fighting type gym... They should have let her do an appeal or battle earlier in one of dawns contests then Dawn may have had a chance every time they show Buneary she gets creamed :(

I think the reason why Ambipom fainted that quickly, is because she knocked her head on a ledge. Poor thing:

Am.png

*Credit to Serebii.net for the picture

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
every time they show Buneary she gets creamed :(

Seriously, Buneary has really won a battle, has she? Unlike most people, I don't want Buneary to evolve. She already has a crush on Pikachu, if she evolves it could turn into something... worse!

Last edited:

Dax

Legend
I cant believe they actually made piplup last that long against a lucario he should have been out in one aura sphere no doubt.

It makes sense Piplup lasted that long. It's Dawn's strongest pokemon.

Ambipom was the only one with enough experience i must say i think ambipom looked WAY better battling then doing appeals she looked beastly!

I thought it was the opposite. For me Ambipom was the worst one.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
It makes sense Piplup lasted that long. It's Dawn's strongest pokemon.

And it seems like the only one she ever uses outside of contests. They should give Buneary the spotlight AS LONG AS SHE DOESN'T EVOLVE! If that happens, that would be just wrong!

uber gon

Accept Change
Seriously, Buneary has really won a battle, has she? Unlike most people, I don't want Buneary to evolve. She already has a crush on Pikachu, if she evolves it could turn into something... worse!

Or maybe it'd stop with the crush thing, but Pikachu doesn't.:D

uber gon

Accept Change
Why would it do that?

1. Buneary has the crush, not Pikachu.

2. Knowing how much of a crush she has on Pikachu, she'd never give it up. Not in a million years.

Meh, I like plot twists.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Poor little rabbit. Ah well, if it evolves, it'll use a Arceus-Killing-Strength Frustration at being so neglected. The implications of the fact that the bunnies have happiness of zero when caught makes me think that it'll be a long time before Buneary feels ready to evolve. Also, Dawn isn't getting her next ribbon until, as I think, Valor lakefront. It just seems somewhat right, since that point does seem like the Solaceon area. I put a penny on a Magnezone-based episode around there being to do with the blackout at Sunyshore.