• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Awesome brah now we just gawta soft reset for them natures!

SmartD

This is so awesome! Having all three shiny beasts in each of my Pokemon games is something I dreamed of. I can't wait for this event to come out.

Kdude146

I'm glad you asked. I was looking around and I noticed that the Canadian English HG/SS site also updated with news of the Crown Beast event distribution. It seems like Canada may be getting its first GameStop event!

This makes me so happy I don't live close to a game stop but the school i go to has one a cross the streat so first day back I am going over there to get a Raikou!

Before I decide whether or not I'll take of advantage of this opportunity, I have to ask: What are "Wonder Cards" exactly?

Aquanova

Wonder Cards are basically the thing that holds the data for the event. The Game holds it till you recieve the gift, then after you recieve it and save, The card remans, but wont allow you to get the event again. The game can hold 3 Wondercards, and wont let you recieve another until you delete one or more, To get all 3 shiny beasts, you'll have to get rid of all of them, so make sure to claim any unclaimed Gifts, and save once they are recieved, then you can safely delete all wonder cards.

Jade88

Can you soft reset infront of the delivery man to get a solid nature etc.?

Also what does this mean

NOTE: Pokemon version or Heartgold & Pokemon version Argent will not accept the character distribution. The transferring of the shiny legendaries will only be available to transfer to the English version of Black and white at the time of game availability.

I dont get what any of that means :x

Aquanova

Can you soft reset infront of the delivery man to get a solid nature etc.?

Also what does this mean

NOTE: Pokemon version or Heartgold & Pokemon version Argent will not accept the character distribution. The transferring of the shiny legendaries will only be available to transfer to the English version of Black and white at the time of game availability.

I dont get what any of that means :x

It means you can only get it on an English Game

diamondpoppy

Typhlosion Master
this is great! i can get 5 of each!!!! XD

TerraWolf

Banned
I'll end up with 3 sets of Crown Beasts (Pearl, Platinum, and SoulSilver)? Hopefully Celebi comes over Wifi right before the release of BW.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Finally they come to Canada. Of course i won't be able to get a drive to Gamestop for Pokemon so it'll just be me and my AR again this time. why can't they just use wifi, it's so much easier and less humiliating should someone see you at Gamestop. I prefer my events to be, you know, legit. But what can you do if no one at Nintendo puts any thought into events.

BCVM22

why can't they just use wifi, it's so much easier and less humiliating should someone see you at Gamestop.

Because this is a movie-related event, which are always terrestrial and always held in stores where they can put up signage and the like for the franchise. There was no reason for you to expect this to be a Wi-Fi event.

I prefer my events to be, you know, legit.

And yet you intend to cheat to obtain these events anyway. Apparently "legit" isn't your preference as much as you prefer to think.

But what can you do if no one at Nintendo puts any thought into events.

No, see, that's where you're wrong. GameStop is a multinational chain with a few thousand locations in the USA and Canada alone, most of which are located in malls or shopping centers, i.e. places where mass quantities of people congregate to spend money. If you don't have a GameStop near you, that's unfortunate for you, I suppose, but nothing more. There are far, far more people who have a GameStop within reasonable travel distance than there are people who do not. Claiming that they "didn't put any thought into events" is too narrow a view and a refusal to look at the big picture.

And furthermore, you are being denied nothing save for a small packet of visual and mathematical data in a video game. If this is the only time in your life where you find yourself in the grip of the cold hand of injustice, I would say you've come out quite on top.

Hopefully Celebi comes over Wifi right before the release of BW.

Again, these are movie events, which are rarely if ever done via Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have all five Generation 4 games so I should be able to get 5 Crown Raikou. I only need one, but I figure that I should take all of my games to the event distribution so that I can get several other Raikou. If I'm going out of my way to get to GameStop, I might as well make the best of it. I'll probably end up giving those away or something. I'd trade them for the Canadian Crown Raikou, but I doubt there'll be a difference between American Raikou and Canadian Raikou.

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
Has The Pokemon Company always used the word "shiny" to describe altered colored Pokemon or have they recently adapted from the fan's speech?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
First documented mention of Shiny by a fan is dated Xmas 2000, soon after the Gold and Silver games came out State site.

It appears that Official sources has been using it for a year: http://www.pokemon.com/us/news/vg_pichu_promo-2010-01-12/ and http://www.pokemonvgc.com/uk/shiny-eevee.php

This is the first time that they've talked about more than one Shiny Pokémon at the same time. They could get around it before hand, or use Alternately coloured Pokémon, which is a pain to type and takes up way more space.

Pokémon USA probably decided to take the easier to say and read, the fan name and use it. It's been around for so long, it's not going to create much confusion.

Occasionally, Fan terms do affect popular media, so it's not a total surprise, but it's probably the first shiny event for a while in the US.

xsedr

The Moral Aethiest
Because this is a movie-related event, which are always terrestrial and always held in stores where they can put up signage and the like for the franchise. There was no reason for you to expect this to be a Wi-Fi event.

And yet you intend to cheat to obtain these events anyway. Apparently "legit" isn't your preference as much as you prefer to think.

No, see, that's where you're wrong. GameStop is a multinational chain with a few thousand locations in the USA and Canada alone, most of which are located in malls or shopping centers, i.e. places where mass quantities of people congregate to spend money. If you don't have a GameStop near you, that's unfortunate for you, I suppose, but nothing more. There are far, far more people who have a GameStop within reasonable travel distance than there are people who do not. Claiming that they "didn't put any thought into events" is too narrow a view and a refusal to look at the big picture.

And furthermore, you are being denied nothing save for a small packet of visual and mathematical data in a video game. If this is the only time in your life where you find yourself in the grip of the cold hand of injustice, I would say you've come out quite on top.

Again, these are movie events, which are rarely if ever done via Wi-Fi.

1. You seem to have missed the fact that I can't go to Gamestop. I would rather not cheat but I don't have any other options.
2. You seem to be under the impression my world is ending simply because Nintendo has an event I can't get to. If my message made me look like I absolutely needed this event then I'm sorry. I would simply like to get a Zoroark in Black and White. I'm simply saying that Wifi events can reach more people than a store based one can.

ryman

I was REALLY hoping the download was going to be Wi-Fi, but I was expecting this. It's a shame Nintendo insists on doing it this way, because I'm REALLY getting to old to be playing Pokemon games at a GameStop. At least publically, which... you know... since it's at GameStop, it is. I suppose from Nintendo's point of view it's easier to give the older player the short end of the stick so it can profit from the 10 year olds who are almost certainly going to convince their parents to buy a new DS while at the GameStop. Sigh... Capitalism is a fickle beast.

Well, it isn't TOO crazy to expect someone to trade a crown beast for another event Pokemon of some kind, is it?

I'm pretty excited for this, although I wish it wasn't at Gamestop. During the Pichu events, the Gamestop near me started their even much later because of difficulties setting everything up.

Pretty cool that we can get all three. And I can get up to 3 of each with my Diamond, Platinum and SoulSilver. Not bad. d:

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
I was REALLY hoping the download was going to be Wi-Fi, but I was expecting this. It's a shame Nintendo insists on doing it this way, because I'm REALLY getting to old to be playing Pokemon games at a GameStop. At least publically, which... you know... since it's at GameStop, it is. I suppose from Nintendo's point of view it's easier to give the older player the short end of the stick so it can profit from the 10 year olds who are almost certainly going to convince their parents to buy a new DS while at the GameStop. Sigh... Capitalism is a fickle beast.

Well, it isn't TOO crazy to expect someone to trade a crown beast for another event Pokemon of some kind, is it?

Come on, man. You can do whatever you want. So what if you're standing in Gamestop with a bunch of kids. You'll most likely never see them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.