• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryman

Come on, man. You can do whatever you want. So what if you're standing in Gamestop with a bunch of kids. You'll most likely never see them again.

People besides those kids at GameStop are going to know what I'm doing. I'd have to get a ride there, and whoever I get that ride from is going to have to know. Plus, the nearest GameStop I know happens to be in the only mall in town. So I'd have to hope no one I know visits the mall that day. Kind of a stretch.

Last edited:

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
Cool! I wasn't expecting the event this early, but I'm not complaining. I hope to get 15 beasts total with my 5, gen 4 games. During the Suicuine event, I'll probably preorder Black & White. I might as well while I'm there. And I just went to Gamestop yesterday. If only the event started yesterday....

BCVM22

It's a shame Nintendo insists on doing it this way, because I'm REALLY getting to old to be playing Pokemon games at a GameStop.

No, that doesn't make it a shame, it means you're getting older. Big difference.

I suppose from Nintendo's point of view it's easier to give the older player the short end of the stick

Saying that would imply that Nintendo is worried at all about the older player. Pokémon is an ages 6-11 product: you really think NoA's PR department is worried about whether teenagers are too self-concious to do events or not?

And to the people muttering about being seen in public at what is unabashedly a kid's event, remember that this isn't ten years ago, where you'd have to wait in line while a store employee traded everyone a Mew, one at a time. These are wireless events, kids: you can stand outside the store and fire up your DS if you're worried about being seen. The fact that most GameStops are in malls or shopping centers facilitates this greatly, that you can stand just around the corner and do what needs doing. In the interest of full disclosure, that's exactly what I intend to do.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Saying that would imply that Nintendo is worried at all about the older player. Pokémon is an ages 6-11 product: you really think NoA's PR department is worried about whether teenagers are too self-concious to do events or not?

And to the people muttering about being seen in public at what is unabashedly a kid's event, remember that this isn't ten years ago, where you'd have to wait in line while a store employee traded everyone a Mew, one at a time. These are wireless events, kids: you can stand outside the store and fire up your DS if you're worried about being seen. The fact that most GameStops are in malls or shopping centers facilitates this greatly, that you can stand just around the corner and do what needs doing. In the interest of full disclosure, that's exactly what I intend to do.

I feel that I am mature enough to say that I don't give a darn what other people think about me downloading Pokemon events. I play the games I fine fun. Heck, there are edutainment games I have found fun. Anyway, if someone scoffed at me for going to the event, I doubt that I would really play them any mind. Maturity isn't growing out of things, it's learning about excepting things in life.

I have met some people my age at the Mew event, but at the Gamestop event, I really like to do the downloads. This would suit all ages. A word of advice for anybody: Stop caring what other people think about your hobbies.

BTW, BCVM22, I wasn't picking at you; I was just quoting you to start things up.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
People besides those kids at GameStop are going to know what I'm doing. I'd have to get a ride there, and whoever I get that ride from is going to have to know. Plus, the nearest GameStop I know happens to be in the only mall in town. So I'd have to hope no one I know visits the mall that day. Kind of a stretch.

It seems like you'll have to go through quite a bit of trouble just to get to the Crown Beast distribution. Maybe you should just trade for the Crown Beasts instead. I know that I'll be trading a few of them away once the event has started, and I'm sure that other people will be offering them too.

Cool! I wasn't expecting the event this early

Well the event for the Crown Beasts would have had to start soon. Pokemon Black & White will be released in Spring 2011, so they needed to distribute the Crown Beasts before then. They also need to distribute the Movie Celebi, but I'm guessing that they'll distribute that special Celebi shortly after this Crown Beast event.

ryman

BCVM22 said:
No, that doesn't make it a shame, it means you're getting older. Big difference.
I would go as to say they're one in the same. It's a shame I'm getting older.

That's basically what I said. Nintendo isn't concerned at all with the older players, nor should they be. They make more money this way, so certainly they'll continue doing it. And that will continue to disapoint me, regardless of how much it profits them.

That's actually a fine idea. It'd work for most people, it just wouldn't work out for me personally, I think I'll go with my original idea:

The 4th KIRA said:
Maybe you should just trade for the Crown Beasts instead.

That one.

Psychic Politoed said:
I feel that I am mature enough to say that I don't give a darn what other people think about me downloading Pokemon events. I play the games I fine fun. Heck, there are edutainment games I have found fun. Anyway, if someone scoffed at me for going to the event, I doubt that I would really play them any mind. Maturity isn't growing out of things, it's learning about excepting things in life.

I admire your self-esteem, I really do. Unfortunately I can't deal with certain people knowing certain things about me the way you can. But, as I've said already I find other solutions to the problem. In this case trading for one of the beasts. It's certainly not Nintendo's problem that I still play Pokemon and don't want others to know. But I can always hope they'll end up making a decision that favors me (the the surely countless others like me) in the future regardless.

Siphodeus

C'mon people, you need to feel good about the things you enjoy and not worry what other people are going to think about it, life is too short.

halloweenghost

Wow people..too old to get pokemon at gamestop..they do not care.. I'll be 31 tomorrow and i still got to the toys r us and gamestops to get my pokemon.. if you are to ashamed to go there to get one.. then maybe you do not deserve to get it.

Don't be ashamed of what you love.

Last edited:

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?

This is it.

Aquanova

Yes. When you are in or right outside the store open your game and go to the Mystery giftt menu. Select Get From Wireless, the game picks up the signal and tells you what the gift is, and asks if you want it, say yes, and the gift will be dowloaded. Thats all there is to it.

You will then have to start the game, go to a Pokemart or Department Store, and go up to the guy in green, talk to him to recieve your gift if its a Pokemon, you will obviously have to have an empty spot in your party

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
So new to these gamestop events.... how do they work? I just click mystery gift when I'm in there?
Yup, Mystery Gift, "Receive Gift" then "Get Via Wireless".

The Official HGSS site has the walkthough on what to do. http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/us/#/news/trio/ I think there will be something explaining what you need to do in the store too.

You Automaticly Unlock the option in HGSS with the Pokédex, It will Automaticly activate the option if you've not unlocked the option in DPPt.

Lorde

Wow people..too old to get pokemon at gamestop..they do not care.. I'll be 31 tomorrow and i still got to the toys r us and gamestops to get my pokemon.. if you are to ashamed to go there to get one.. then maybe you do not deserve to get it.

Don't be ashamed of what you love.

I agree. I was sort of embarrassed during the PCP event but I managed to get out of that with everything intact. I was expecting a traumatic experience, but nobody really cared that a 16 year-old girl was in there downloading an event Pokemon. I mean, most people in there were in a rush so they didn't even notice me. I'm looking forward to going again since I have some games to purchase around January anyway. Getting the Shiny Raikou is just like a bonus.

Ima go get these beasts because they unlock an event in the black and white when traded that allows you to catch zoroark

Yeah, but you only really need one Shiny Beast for the Zoroark event to activate in B/W. You don't need all three unless you're an avid collector of unique Pokemon (like myself) :p

Grei

not the color
I've never heard of them being referred to as the Crown Beasts before...

Same here. In my case, Gamestop is it's own store in the next city south from mine (well, technically it's two cities, but the drive is only fifteen minutes from my house), so all I have to do is find a parking spot directly in front of the store (any farther and the signal won't reach. Finding a spot should be easy unless the Starbucks next door to the Gamestop is heavily populated at the time). I can just park, download the event in each of my games, and be on my merry way.

For those who are still afraid of looking too obvious... I dunno. Bring a shopping bag (or simply buy things beforehand) and put your DS into the bag, turned on and ready to download the event. Stop outside of the store and kneel down to "check" something inside of your bag. With your DS inside of your bag, connect to the store's wi-fi. Download the event, pause to rummage through the bag, wait until it's done downloading, and then leave. Further on, you can shut off your DS or whatever you need to do.

Or, if there are a bunch of kids about your age with their DS's out, just kind of lean on a wall near them and act natural. Being incognito isn't difficult.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Unfortunately, Gamestop isn't in all countries. Where I live there's no Gamestop, so the only way for me to get events is though Wi-Fi or trading!
The last few US "Store" events usually had a European Event after it, if it did something in the games, such as this one.

I live in the UK, the nearest Gamestop is Ireland, which is not doing the event.

Canto

I really wish that you could just get all of them at the same time instead of having to go to GameStop 3 times. (My dad really doesn't like driving to gameStop just to download a Pokemon.) Don't bite the hand that feeds you I guess.

Lorde

I've never heard of them being referred to as the Crown Beasts before...

Really? The Japanese equivalents have been called the "Crown Beasts" for a while now. That's probably because their OT is Crown (クラウン) which comes from Crown City (クラウンシティ), the name of the location where most of Movie 13 takes place. I personally prefer to call them the "Shiny Beasts" since that is essentially what they are, but everyone sort of does their own thing I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.