• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falconx03

Legendary
a router has to be public and open and be a WEP otherwise you need to enter the security key into the DS.

The first part is true. But for those with a WPA Key on their Wi-Fi cannot access the Wi-Fi on their DS system. I found that out the hard way. In short, I had to secure my wireless connection and I heard that WEP isn't as good as WPA because it is easier to crack. So I decided to use WPA and I then could not access the WiFi on my DS. After looking it up, Nintendo Wi-Fi does not support WPA.

BCVM22

Disable the security on your router for the five minutes it takes to download an event and re-enable it when you're finished. No muss, no fuss.

Luxrayess

Sound(?) asleep...
Heh, heh... Going to Gamestop to get all three of the Crown Beasts is quite the bargain considering what the Japanese had to go through the get them. :D Booyah!

And by the way, for those of you who are embarressed about sneaking into Gamestop... I actually talked to the cashier at the counter (who looked at least in his twenties, probably even late twenties) when I was getting PCP, and he admitted to downloading it as well. There's tons of people in high school and college who still play Pokemon. Ergo, you shouldn't feel as if you have to hide it. Even among my college associates who don't play it anymore, they seem not to attach any sort of negative stigma to playing Pokemon. Compared to five or ten years ago, when it was relatively 'un-cool', it's now become a sort of glorified, nostalgia-infused symbol of childhood memories for a lot of people. Sorta like Mickey Mouse, Looney-Toons or Scooby-Doo.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Well having a live event is good for me since I don't have wi-fi :)

Because it is so hard to drive to a fast food joint and use their wi-fi.

Honestly, I don't see the big deal with people complaining about having to physically go out to a GameStop and be "embarrassed" about downloading a Pokemon. Because one, I guarantee 90% of the workers there play Pokemon and two, most of the people that are in there don't give a crap about what you are doing.

I can't wait for this Event :) I am thinking that we'll get Crown/Shiny Beasts at Gamestop, Celebi at TRU, and Goon Scizor over Wi-Fi. Or at least that's how I hope it goes orz.

It sure is going to be neat with the Shiny Raikou walking behind me on SoulSilver *.*

Jade88

Can we Soft reset for nature and ivs? If i download it and than save in front of the delivery man, will he still be there with my pokemon if i then reset.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Can we Soft reset for nature and ivs? If i download it and than save in front of the delivery man, will he still be there with my pokemon if i then reset.
Yes, you can. I did it for the event I've been to.

EDIT: According to some People, you may be forced with a certain nature, however this is based on the Japanese Event.

Falconx03

Legendary
Disable the security on your router for the five minutes it takes to download an event and re-enable it when you're finished. No muss, no fuss.

That's the problem that I left out. For some reason I can no longer access my router settings. I tried the IP address in the web browser but all it does is load a white screen for about 2 minutes and then says it cannot reach the page. It worked like a month ago. I've looked it up and I cannot figure out why I can't get to it. My last resort solution is resetting my router but I feel like doing that will mess something up.

Dattebayo

Banned
Is it true that you can only get one crowned beast for each game and you can't get the other two in the following weeks on the same game you used for the other?

Lorde

Banned
EDIT: According to some People, you may be forced with a certain nature, however this is based on the Japanese Event.

The English Shiny Beasts will most likely have set Natures as well. They need set Natures and PIDs in order for them to be Shiny in the first place. I don't see why they'd change that for the American distribution :s

Is it true that you can only get one crowned beast for each game and you can't get the other two in the following weeks on the same game you used for the other?

I don't know if there will be a restriction of that sort, but I'm going to assume that there won't be. I'm going to assume that as long as you have an empty slot for a Wonder Card, you'll be able to get the other Beasts.

halloweenghost

no... you can get all three on one game. please next time read on the official site it would tell you.

Dattebayo

Banned
no... you can get all three on one game. please next time read on the official site it would tell you.

But it wasn't specific enough for me to understand.

Siphodeus

I'm planning on using all 3 on a new team and keeping their unique movesets. It'll be an interesting change because i often find myself using the same old moves during my adventures. Only 9 more days! :)
;243;;244;;245;

Ditto123

~Word~
i just wish it was on the same day...

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I'm definitely goona try to get all three. I'd picked Raikou if I was only able to get one, but now I'm happy because all 3 will be avaliable.

Lorde

Banned
here is gamestop's page on this.. I know it's just a page but i just thought I'd post it if anyone wanted to see it.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/pokemonbw/home.aspx

Yay, so it looks like GameStop's site updated with the information about this event. From what I'm seeing, the site doesn't feature anything new though. It does a good job of promoting Pokemon Black version and Pokemon White version, however. I really want to get the games now lol. Anyway, a friend of mine plans on getting the Shiny Entei and Shiny Suicune, so all I'll have to do is get the Shiny Raikou, and I can just trade him for the other two Shiny Beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.