• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nike7

Just realized Entei is given out on January 17th which is Martin Luther King Day here in America where most schools and government offices are closed. Question is, will gamestop be closed? I'm assuming not because most businesses are usually open. But if it is closed, that would be one less day to obtain Entei.

BCVM22

Very unlikely. Check your location of choice, but businesses and particularly chains rarely if ever close unilaterally for non-religious federal holidays.

Also, they probably wouldn't have scheduled an event to begin on a day when the entire franchise's worth of locations is closed.

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I finally got my Raikou saturday. And one for a friend, too!

tycho0042

Balance trainer
This is likely going to sound like a silly question but perhaps someone will know. I have a friend who missed raikou for the event, but I got it on HG and P. My question is, can I send him the card for the event and will he be able to claim a raikou for himself on SS? Is there any reason to save those cards if the person who downloaded them already claimed the pokemon from it?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
This is likely going to sound like a silly question but perhaps someone will know. I have a friend who missed raikou for the event, but I got it on HG and P. My question is, can I send him the card for the event and will he be able to claim a raikou for himself on SS? Is there any reason to save those cards if the person who downloaded them already claimed the pokemon from it?

You mean the Wonder Card? You can't send Wonder Cards (except for the Wonder Card for the Japanese Secret Key). Your friend will have to trade for a Shiny Raikou it seems.

so why didn't yeah bring all your games at once?

What happened was that I forgot to bring Platinum (along with SoulSilver) with me the first time. So I went to Gamestop the next day.

I'll remember to bring it with me when I get shiny Entei today, though.

Rentaline99

who ya gonna call?
So the beasts will be distributed over WiFi in Europe, eh?
That's very convenient. I wish here in the US we didn't have to have a middle man, but meh... the milk is already spilled.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
Kinda disappointed that they'll be wifi over here, it's much less fun that way. At least getting the wondercards for them will be very easy.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Screw you Europeans. Getting the Crown Beasts over Wi-Fi is better than finding a non-existent store in my area. AND you get Black and White 2 days early.

Lorde

I just heard the news about the Wi-Fi distribution of these events. Personally, I'm glad that the Shiny Beasts will in fact be given out via Wi-Fi soon. I own a French copy of Platinum and a German copy of SoulSilver, so that means that I'll be able to obtain French and German Shiny Beasts. Yay. It looks like most of the important events will be given directly over Wi-Fi in Europe, and not just at specific locations like in the past.

Last edited:
Entei doesn't start until next week. There's a week break between beasts.

I realized that when I got there. I was trying to get it to work when I saw the in-store advertisement for it. And i'm like "Oh! it's not even the right date! Well, I'm stupid!"

Aquanova

There might be a problem for those people who already recieved Raikou. The problem is the method of the event. Its possible like the B/W egg event, that it'll be random, if you recieve Raikou in that case, it wont even give you the event since you already got it from Gamestop, this means you can't get any of the others as well on that game. You caould work it out if you have an extra game you can restart, but not everyone does. Someone mentioned it on BMGf yesterday.

PostmanPenguin

Sleept too long...
Good thing that I got a spare SoulSilver game on me, just in case something like that happens to me. Thanks for the heads-up, Arceus-sama.

Lorde

There might be a problem for those people who already recieved Raikou. The problem is the method of the event. Its possible like the B/W egg event, that it'll be random, if you recieve Raikou in that case, it wont even give you the event since you already got it from Gamestop, this means you can't get any of the others as well on that game. You caould work it out if you have an extra game you can restart, but not everyone does. Someone mentioned it on BMGf yesterday.

But these Shiny Beasts should have slightly different data from the GameStop Shiny Beasts, shouldn't they? The Wi-Fi Pikachu-colored Pichu and Jirachi from last year were a bit different from the GameStop Pichu and Jirachi. I believe that they had different OTs, IDs, and SIDs. If that's the case with the Wi-Fi Shiny Beasts too, then they wouldn't technically be the same as the Pokemon we received from GameStop before, and we should be allowed to download them.

halloweenghost

But these Shiny Beasts should have slightly different data from the GameStop Shiny Beasts, shouldn't they? The Wi-Fi Pikachu-colored Pichu and Jirachi from last year were a bit different from the GameStop Pichu and Jirachi. I believe that they had different OTs, IDs, and SIDs. If that's the case with the Wi-Fi Shiny Beasts too, then they wouldn't technically be the same as the Pokemon we received from GameStop before, and we should be allowed to download them.

they had different trainer ID, but we stil lcannot download it if we got it already. I could not downlaod the pichu since i got it from gamestop already.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
they had different trainer ID, but we stil lcannot download it if we got it already. I could not downlaod the pichu since i got it from gamestop already.
A certain Pokémon Save Program shows that there is a Hidden Wonder Card Number. Chances are both Pichu events are the same number.

Tytus

Iron Islander
So the beasts will be distributed over WiFi in Europe, eh?
That's very convenient. I wish here in the US we didn't have to have a middle man, but meh... the milk is already spilled.

Screw you Europeans. Getting the Crown Beasts over Wi-Fi is better than finding a non-existent store in my area. AND you get Black and White 2 days early.

Chill out dudes, you can get the European Wi-Fi events on American games. If you miss the Gamestop ones, no big deal. The EU ones will likely differ only in OT.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I have not looked forward to an event this much since Arceus came out. Bring on the 7th!

I actually traded for the beasts back when they were out in Japan, because I was afraid that I would miss out on them should the event never come to Australia. So, now I will have two sets: A Japanese set, and an Australian set! Awesome!

The irony is, two of the rarest and hardest shinies to get (Raikou and Entei) have now become reasonably common. I feel sorry for shiny hunters who spent hours hunting for them, but in the same breath, I am glad I don't have to hunt them.

EliteMaster

Guys, I got a question. Now I bought an American Platinum cartridge in Europe. Is it still possible for me to get the Shiny Beasts despite my game being American?

Status
Not open for further replies.