• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siphodeus

The shiny beasts will be released during january and february 2011 for diamond, pearl, platinum, heart gold, and soul silver!

http://www.pokemon.com/us/

THE FOLLOWING IS ADDED BY BIG NUTTER
(SPP STAFF):

It also appears that Gamestop in Canada is doing the same event.

Note: According to some users since EB Games merged with GameStop, EB Games may be also doing the event.

Here is the proof - http://www.gamestop.ca/gs/landing/pokemon/default.aspx

EDIT BY BIG NUTTER

This event has been confirmed as a WIFI Event for all European Main Series 4th gen Games, for the month of February. UK HG/SS Official News: http://www.pokemongoldsilver.com/uk/#/news/trio/

You can get all three by connecting each week once, per Save file. You however can not get the Gamestop and Wifi wondercards for the same Beast, on the same Save file. (Trading between games is not restricted, nor is restarting a game.)

Missed: Raikou ;243; Entei ;244; Suicune ;245;

This event can also be got with the USA games and Australian Games. As I post this there is No Official News from USA Sources. It should be pointed out that the event Pokémon appears to change according to UK/GMT time.

As of 25 Jan 2011, There is NO OFFICIAL news about the US games getting the Beast by Wifi, or any news about other events being exclusive. As it stands, American games will not get the Beasts via wifi, this may change upon a official News, from sites such as Pokemon.com.

If you are which games version you have, Top row is USA games, Bottom row is UK games. (Click the Image to view larger.)

DS Carts by MikeSharpeWriter, on Flickr

Mini-FAQ:

Due to the way of 4th Gen Events are done, Each of the 3 Beasts have set natures. (This down to that the Personality ID is actually set before hand. The Personalty Value or PID determines Nature and Shininess as well as a few other things.) This does not mean the IV(Stats when you get it) will be the same.

Until Black/White is Launched in Europe and USA in March, we can not say if a certain Language Beast will unlock Zoroark in another Language. Given the evidence to date, we believe any "Crown" Beast will unlock a Zoroark, no matter the language.

In Black/White, a Beast will only unlock one Zoroark. Trading the same beast will not allow you get another Zoroark in another game. Only one Zoroark is found per game. (It's also worth noting that Zoroark can breed with any Ground Egg group member. In late game, you will be able see one to ask on GTS. (N has one))

You can also find Zoroark "Baby" form Zoura in Black/White, this requires the event Celebi. Like Zoroark, there is an way to see one for your dex. (Castelia City, Game Freak Building, Lobby)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The English Crown Beasts will be distributed next year? Yay. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to GameStop to get each one of those Crown Beasts, but I have a friend who works at a GameStop so hopefully he'll be able to get the ones I won't be able to get myself. Maybe I'll even be able to receive a batch of Crown Beasts, then I could trade them around to friends who can't go to the event themselves. I can tell that this event distribution is going to be a lot of fun.

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
Good News, but I live in England, any idea when they are coming here?

Kdude146

dose any one know if it is coming to canada?

Emerald 2006

That is some excellent news, although I'm not overly suprised.
I have a lot of games I can use in this event, Sweet!

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
Gamestop? seriously? -_-

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
I looked on the site and this is good news. Usually I prefer the Wi-Fi events but if they were to give all 3 of them at the same time I might go (probably not). But unfortunately no they are all on different weeks throughout January.

shadi1

well i traded my UT manaphy for nothing >.> well i got a Japanese crown raikou so idk if ill be able to get him ill just hide him my pc box XD but different months cmon i rather collect the Japanese ones first and winter break wont be in February

Last edited:

Lorde

But unfortunately no they are all on different weeks throughout January.

Yeah, the whole "different dates for distribution" thing had me worried for a while there, but I figured that someone would eventually be willing to trade me the Crown Beasts that I won't be able to obtain myself. I don't live near a GameStop, so going to the event will be a bit of a hassle (I'll have to go out of town). I'll probably only be able to go there once to get the Raikou. That's all good though, since you only really need one Crown Beast to activate the B/W Zoroark event. Plus, Crown Raikou has Aura Sphere, and that's my favorite move. At least we're getting all three of the Crown Beasts. I believe that kids in Japan could only choose one Crown Beast during their distribution.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
What's so wrong about this being at GameStop? I'm not too fond of GameStop myself, but it's better than nothing.

Still not better than Wi-Fi, a.k.a. the only bearable medium for events. Doesn't come as a surprise though.

bidoofdude

Legendary Trainer
any news about it coming to australia. i really just want crown suicune because he looks so cool in those colours.

Lorde

Still not better than Wi-Fi, a.k.a. the only bearable medium for events. Doesn't come as a surprise though.

Ah. Well you take what you can get I suppose.

dose any one know if it is coming to canada?

I'm glad you asked. I was looking around and I noticed that the Canadian English HG/SS site also updated with news of the Crown Beast event distribution. It seems like Canada may be getting its first GameStop event!

diamondpoppy

Typhlosion Master
do you know where there is a store in birmingham, england?

Siphodeus

That is some excellent news, although I'm not overly suprised.
I have a lot of games I can use in this event, Sweet!

I'm very excited about this event too. I would prefer wifi, but gamestop is close by so it isn't a big deal. I'm salivating over using all 3 on a team.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I'm really happy that it's a Gamestop event instead of Wi-Fi, 'cause for some reason my router won't work. Plus, I like Gamestop. It's just a short bus ride away for me. :)

What's with all the Gamestop hate, anyways?

Crown Beasts, here I come!! :D

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
a router has to be public and open and be a WEP otherwise you need to enter the security key into the DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.