• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh man.. We in Latin America can't do anything about the event.. Damn.

You can still trade for the Shiny Beasts if you can't access the event where you live. I know some people who can't get to the event because it isn't available in their country, so they just trade for the special Pokemon like these Beasts. If you are going to trade for one of the Shiny Beasts, then I suggest you do it in the Generation 4 games. If you trade for one of them in the Generation 5 games, there is always the risk that the original owner used the Shiny Beast to activate the Zoroark event, which means that you won't be able to (since they only activate the event once).

pokedexfiller

Unova Trainer
I tried to get it this morning, but Gamestop wasn't open when I got there, so I can just get it this weekend.

jabs4

I went earlier this afternoon to get them. I'm not incredibly thrilled with the timing of these distributions, but what can you do. At least the Pikachu & Suicune events overlap and I can get them in one swoop since there's a TRU a block away from GS.

nzk10

this means ill be able 2 trade away the dogs i caught in HG! Yes!

Lorde

It looks like the Shiny Beasts are really going to be distributed in Canada as well. According to this, anyway. I'm glad that Canada is getting this event. I don't even recall the last event that Canada had. Anyway, I wonder if the Canadian Shiny Beasts will differ from the American Shiny Beasts. It might be interesting to have two sets.

BCVM22

The American beasts will be worth 1.00724 times the Canadian ones.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

Went to one in a mall..they said they had not recieved it yet. My friend was like.. AKa... we have it just too lazy to hook it up yet..

Went to another down the block and got me four shiny Raikou :) Grabbed three posters of the distribution.. it was not the celebi one like other had reported but for the beasts.. the back has a bio and info titled Who is Zoroark?

look forward to the 17th for Entei.

Lorde

Went to one in a mall..they said they had not recieved it yet. My friend was like.. AKa... we have it just too lazy to hook it up yet..

Went to another down the block and got me four shiny Raikou :)

Ugh, today was a nightmare for me. I had to go to three different GameStop stores just to get my Shiny Raikou today. First, I went to the mall (which is 45 minutes away) and I went in expecting to download my Shiny Raikou and maybe do a bit of shopping while I was there. Sadly, the GameStop at the mall wasn't doing the event so I had to leave and find another one. I went through town and found another GameStop about 15 minutes from the mall, but they were still setting up for the event and they weren't sure when they'd be ready. By then I was ticked off, but I went to another GameStop that was in the next town (I figured that third time's a charm). That last one was actually distributing the Shiny Raikou, but at that point I realized that I had left my Platinum and SoulSilver carts at home. I guess I had a blonde moment or something haha. Anyway, I was only able to download three Shiny Raikou as opposed to five. I'm going to be receiving a few others via trade later today though, so that's cool.

Dattebayo

Banned
Got my shiny Raikou for my Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is whether or not I should use it on my HG team since it's a BL Pokemon and my HG team only consists of UU/NU Pokemon.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..

Went to another down the block and got me four shiny Raikou :) Grabbed three posters of the distribution.. it was not the celebi one like other had reported but for the beasts.. the back has a bio and info titled Who is Zoroark?

look forward to the 17th for Entei.

I went into my Gamestop (where I also work the holidays every year, yay for extra percentages off games!) to grab my Raikou's this morning around 11. I was kinda pissed cause there's three in the general area and passing by the first one on my way to work I wasn't able to get it without going inside. But when I was standing outside the one where I work and not able to receive any connection I reluctantly went in (because I didn't want to be told I had to work at some point this week) and my manager said that it was supposed to have been set up on the 1st. I was like "Whaaaaaaaat? No. It was supposed to be released today." But she hadn't had a chance to put the cartridge in the DS since she got it, because she was alone this morning and it's been busy all weekend at the mall and the hours got cut back wayyy too soon (even though I'm sure it doesn't take very long to set up) so I told her I'd come by again later when I got a break from my full-time job..

And when I got back she finally put it up and one of the other managers told me (which I already knew) that it was set up by the date on the DS. I asked for her to push it forward for me, but she said no. She might when the actual manager isn't there.. or I can always ask the Assistant to do it for me when she's not there..

Apparently they haven't gotten in the Celebi cartridges yet, but then again, there's only one person in there that would know outright, so I'll ask him next time I see him and gonna try to get it early. =P

BTW, Anyone tried to use the English Raikou to get Zoroark? I can't seem to get mine to work. Disappointed I am..

ShinyVaati

100% Rebel Time Lord
Just got my two Raikou, one for HeartGold and the other for Platinum. I was hoping to get one onto Diamond, but the game cartridge didn't feel like working.
I need to go again to download one for my friend, so I'll try to pick a third for me then.
Can't wait for the other two. I really want a Shiny Suicune.

BlastoiseWaterLegend

I LOVE WATER TYPES!!
I have three Raikou, cant wait till the next event starts!

SmartD

I went to a Gamestop at the mall where did other events there. Tried to download the Shiny Raikou, but nothing happened. I assumed they didn't hook it up yet. So I went to another Gamestop and got the Shiny Raikou for my Diamond, Heartgold, and Platinum games. I can't wait for the Entei event next.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I ended up getting 5 Raikou today, I want to use one... but they could be worth a bit in the future, I could end up getting a rarer pokemon.

Anyway, I can't wait for the next event :)

halloweenghost

Apparently they haven't gotten in the Celebi cartridges yet, but then again, there's only one person in there that would know outright, so I'll ask him next time I see him and gonna try to get it early. =P

according to some who have reported, Celebi is on the same cartridge as the beast trio.

Lorde

according to some who have reported, Celebi is on the same cartridge as the beast trio.

Yeah, the event Celebi is on the same cartridge as the Shiny Beasts (that's how we found out about the Celebi in the first place, after all). In fact, I believe that if you were to simply change the date on the DS that has the distribution cartridge inside, you could obtain all of the Shiny Beasts and Celebi in one visit to GameStop. Of course, I doubt that many GameStop employees would just change the date like that since they might be afraid of messing something up, but who knows; maybe someone can try and ask them to change the date on the DS so that they can get all of the Pokemon at once.

Bugfan-Eric

Beginning BugTrainer
Gotten three shiny Raikou in my soulsilver, platinum and pearl games. Feeling really good about since Raikou's my favorite out of the trio but still can't wait for the others. A little off topic but what's a good EV and moveset setup for a shiny Raikou thinking about using one for competitive play.

Status
Not open for further replies.