• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah but I'd still rather do it legit.. sure others would not know...but i would *nods* I guess I am very honest when it comes to pokemon :)

I suppose, though changing the time on the DS would save many people the trouble of having to go to GameStop, three more times. A friend of mine who works at GameStop recently told me that he tried changing the time and that he got the other two Shiny Beasts that way. He sent me pictures as proof, and I'm green with envy haha. Anyway, I was wondering if the natures on the Shiny Beasts are favorable/unfavorable. I don't know much about that sort of stuff, but it would be interesting to get an expert's opinion.

randomspot555

I suppose, though changing the time on the DS would save many people the trouble of having to go to GameStop, three more times. A friend of mine who works at GameStop recently told me that he tried changing the time and that he got the other two Shiny Beasts that way. He sent me pictures as proof, and I'm green with envy haha. Anyway, I was wondering if the natures on the Shiny Beasts are favorable/unfavorable. I don't know much about that sort of stuff, but it would be interesting to get an expert's opinion.

Entei has an Adamant (+Atk, - sp atk) and comes with 3/4 physical attacks, and the other one, Howl, boosts Atk.

Raikou has Rash (Sp Atk, -SpD), which is okay but it lowers SpD, which is one of Raikou's better stats. ExtremeSpeed probably is pretty worthless on this one.

Suicune has Relaxed (+Def, -Speed), which is okay since Suicune doesn't often utilize it's speed.

Entei overall got the best deal on these sets. The other two suffer from a couple of crappy moves and less than ideal natures.

But hey, still shiny, right :)

Tag3r

i wantz beef!
all raikou's are rash, entei adamant, and suicune relaxed

nike7

Yeah but I'd still rather do it legit.. sure others would not know...but i would *nods* I guess I am very honest when it comes to pokemon :)

can i ask what part of getting all three beasts early is not legit or honest. i'm interested in knowing your rationale. i'm not trying to argue with you. i'm just interested in knowing your opinion and reasons. suppose i get entei before January 17 and suicune before January 31, do you not consider these pokemons legit anymore? do you consider it cheating comparable to hacking and as a result there are not legit only due to the fact that there were obtained weeks early?

i live 70 miles away from my nearest gamestop, so what i did was I called the gamestop manager and explained my situation and asked if i could come by and see if i could get all three beasts (may be celebi even?) at once by changing the time on the DS. i told him that i'd download all the pokemon and be in and out 15 may be 20 minutes tops out of the store. he was more than understanding and i'm gonna drive out to the store later this week and hopefully get all of the pokemons early. by the way, i don't like gamestop, but i'm very thankful there was a manager who was receptive to my concerns.

are you saying, i would have to drive 2 hours round trip for each crown beast event for you to consider them legit and honest? like i said, i'm not trying to argue with you.....just want to get your reasoning.....

halloweenghost

can i ask what part of getting all three beasts early is not legit or honest. i'm interested in knowing your rationale. i'm not trying to argue with you. i'm just interested in knowing your opinion and reasons. suppose i get entei before January 17 and suicune before January 31, do you not consider these pokemons legit anymore? do you consider it cheating comparable to hacking and as a result there are not legit only due to the fact that there were obtained weeks early?

i live 70 miles away from my nearest gamestop, so what i did was I called the gamestop manager and explained my situation and asked if i could come by and see if i could get all three beasts (may be celebi even?) at once by changing the time on the DS. i told him that i'd download all the pokemon and be in and out 15 may be 20 minutes tops out of the store. he was more than understanding and i'm gonna drive out to the store later this week and hopefully get all of the pokemons early. by the way, i don't like gamestop, but i'm very thankful there was a manager who was receptive to my concerns.

are you saying, i would have to drive 2 hours round trip for each crown beast event for you to consider them legit and honest? like i said, i'm not trying to argue with you.....just want to get your reasoning.....

well changing the clock to get them all early is kinda cheating. there is nothing wrong with what you wanna do IMO..but to me... if i had the choice i would wait.. it's just to me how i see it... but i have several gamestops nearby...but if i were in your shoes I'd do the same thing as you and try to get them all then and there.

nike7

well changing the clock to get them all early is kinda cheating. there is nothing wrong with what you wanna do IMO..but to me... if i had the choice i would wait.. it's just to me how i see it... but i have several gamestops nearby...but if i were in your shoes I'd do the same thing as you and try to get them all then and there.

thanks for your response.....if i had several gamestops nearby like yourself, i would do exactly the same thing as you and wait for each event as they happen, even if i was told by a manager that I could download all of them at once....

even if i do get them early by "cheating", these crown beasts (well at least one of them) should be able to unlock the Pokemon Black and White in-game event regardless, right? i guess it's more of a psychological matter than anything else.

to be honest, if i the manger would have declined the offer for me to download them early, i would still drive 70 miles each time.. lol

subaku

What do you want...
I got my Raikou today, it was great I didn't have to go into the store. Not that I wouldn't have, who gives a crap what people think. Well here's to hoping the other events go as smoothly. ^ ^

Lorde

So then they're going to let you obtain the other 2 Shiny Beasts (and Celebi) early? Wow, that's really nice of them! I should have thought about asking the people at GameStop if they could change the time of their DS, but I wasn't really thinking about much when I went to get my Shiny Raikou a couple of days ago; I was just in a hurry to leave haha. The other thing that I forgot to do when I went to GameStop, was to obtain one of those posters about the Shiny Beasts and Zoroark that most people seemed to have gotten. Does anyone have a picture of the poster by any chance? I'd like to see it, for curiosity's sake :p

halloweenghost

So then they're going to let you obtain the other 2 Shiny Beasts (and Celebi) early? Wow, that's really nice of them! I should have thought about asking the people at GameStop if they could change the time of their DS, but I wasn't really thinking about much when I went to get my Shiny Raikou a couple of days ago; I was just in a hurry to leave haha. The other thing that I forgot to do when I went to GameStop, was to obtain one of those posters about the Shiny Beasts and Zoroark that most people seemed to have gotten. Does anyone have a picture of the poster by any chance? I'd like to see it, for curiosity's sake :p

I took a few they are not the best but hey...

Marked spoiler for the size of the pics.

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

on the back

056.jpg

057.jpg

Luneth777

Shiny Hunter
Can the own beasts unlock Zoroark in the Japanese versions?

Lorde

I took a few they are not the best but hey...

Marked spoiler for the size of the pics.

053.jpg

054.jpg

055.jpg

on the back

056.jpg

057.jpg

Those were exactly what I was looking for, thanks! It looks like the flyer explains how to download the Shiny Beasts, for those who don't have any prior experience with Mystery Gift and such. It also has the dates of the Shiny Beast distribution on there. I really like the Zoroark page the most though, since it has screenshots of the Zoroark event from Black/White (how cool!). Also, I'm probably several weeks late, but I just noticed that GameStop refers to the Legendary Beast Pokemon as "Shiny". I always thought that was a fan-term for alternately colored Pokemon.

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Those were exactly what I was looking for, thanks! It looks like the flyer explains how to download the Shiny Beasts, for those who don't have any prior experience with Mystery Gift and such. It also has the dates of the Shiny Beast distribution on there. I really like the Zoroark page the most though, since it has screenshots of the Zoroark event from Black/White (how cool!). Also, I'm probably several weeks late, but I just noticed that GameStop refers to the Legendary Beast Pokemon as "Shiny". I always thought that was a fan-term for alternately colored Pokemon.

My guidebook for Platinum refers shiny pokemon as Shiny, I think it's been that way for quite a while, but I don't know :p

halloweenghost

The fan term of shiny has become closer and closer as official each day. the main site has used the term shiny before, and in one of the recent episodes of the anime, ash sent out his shiny noctowl at the pokemon league and barry was like "Brock, ash's notcowl is a different shiny color!!!" The japanese version did not have the word shiny in it.

Either TPCI are gonna make it official or they are just using shiny as a term most fans know of... probabaly the latter thoguh..

WANDERING TRAINER

Battle Team Engage!!
does the event cover puerto rico too?

Lorde

My guidebook for Platinum refers shiny pokemon as Shiny, I think it's been that way for quite a while, but I don't know :p

The fan term of shiny has become closer and closer as official each day. the main site has used the term shiny before, and in one of the recent episodes of the anime, ash sent out his shiny noctowl at the pokemon league and barry was like "Brock, ash's notcowl is a different shiny color!!!" The japanese version did not have the word shiny in it.

Either TPCI are gonna make it official or they are just using shiny as a term most fans know of... probabaly the latter thoguh..

I see, thanks for the help there. I only just realized that the alternately colored Eevee that was given away a while ago, was called "Shiny", too. Well, from what I've read, it seems like the term "Shiny" is only used in English Pokemon advertisements and in the English Pokemon anime. I think it's cool that the fan-term is being used more frequently though. I recall calling Shiny Pokemon, "Glitter Pokemon" back in 2001 when I encountered my first, since they sparkled like glitter lol. Anyway, maybe it's just me, but I'm sort of bored with my Shiny Raikou. I've trained the heck out of the ones I got myself, and there isn't much left to do but keep them in my PC. I wonder if this will be the fate of the other two.

yeminied

I wish EB Games, which is Australasia's version of GameStop, would distribute at least the Shiny Beasts so I could get Zoroark.

It looks like I'll have to WiFi to complete the PokéDex if they don't which they won't.

BCVM22

I wish EB Games, which is Australasia's version of GameStop, would distribute at least the Shiny Beasts so I could get Zoroark.

I still don't understand how people make the leap in logic from "North America is getting the events at the moment" to "the rest of the world will never get these!", particularly since these are movie-related events, which almost always make the full rounds internationally.

Got my shiny Raikou on SoulSilver yesterday! Didn't get the chance to mention it until now.

Got it for Platinum today!

Just two more for each game left!

Status
Not open for further replies.