• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown beasts released! (was in USA & Canada) (First post FAQ)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I still don't understand how people make the leap in logic from "North America is getting the events at the moment" to "the rest of the world will never get these!", particularly since these are movie-related events, which almost always make the full rounds internationally.
Personally, I'd start getting worried if either the beasts or Celebi don't appear before August.

In the UK, Regigas was the only DP Event that was out after the Platinum's Launch. In USA and Japan this was before the game release.

I am not expecting any news until February.. based on the Launch date speculation. (Why? http://pokebeach.com/2010/12/tpcis-2010-holiday-card-scans-two-dates-highlighted The first date is the usual European Release day (Friday) for a given week. The second is now known to the US launch date. If they want to a near simultaneous Launch, that day would be one of two days with out going the same day Launch.)

BCVM22

The first date is the usual European Release day (Friday) for a given week. The second is now known to the US launch date. If they want to a near simultaneous Launch, that day would be one of two days with out going the same day Launch.)

It's not impossible that the March 4 date is the EU release date, but there are a number of other possibilities for that date, most of them more logical and better-supported.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Twenty Bucks says that the 4th is highlighted as the release of the BW TCG Preview Tins.

Cobalt_Latios

Well, got Raikou today. Kind of strange really, as I was pretty much the only one in the store (some random lady looking to buy a Wii game for someone...). I initially assumed I'd be getting mystery gift via Wi-Fi... but I didn't see any kind of connection for it on my DSs Wi-Fi settings. Decided to make sure it was actually happening there, I decided to actually go in, and lo and behold, they had a sign advertising it.

Talked to the only clerk there about it, and he explained to me the required process with the DS for the Mystery Gift (of which I know all about, as I've done so a few times, so it seemed kind of amusing to me).

Booted up Soul Silver, used Mystery Gift, Wireless and got Shiny Raikou.

Did the same with Diamond and Platinum, and now I have 3 Shiny Raikous's; of which I only need 1 for Zoroark.

However, I plan on repeating the exact same thing for both Entei and Suicune, i.e. getting one per version.

What I'll probably end up doing, is keeping one (choose the one with the best stats as Raikou seems to always be of Rash nature, but different personality), and trading the rest of them.

Just curious, will they still unlock the Zoroark event if you've traded them from one game to another besides Black and White? I have a suspicion as to the answer, but I just want a confirmation on it.

If so, I'd gladly trade the remaining ones I get (I'm only really doing this for Zoroark, so I don't really care that much about the beasts).

edit: The most amusing part about the whole "transaction"? I'm the first one since the event started to actually do so. That should tell you how small my town actually is.

C_L

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Just curious, will they still unlock the Zoroark event if you've traded them from one game to another besides Black and White? I have a suspicion as to the answer, but I just want a confirmation on it.

They should still unlock the Zoroark event. The only thing that would prevent them from doing so would be if they had been used to activate the event in a previous B/W game. So long as they haven't been used for the Zoroark event in the past, everything should be good.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Once I realized that GameStop is giving away the Shiny Raikou from Jan.3-9, I immediately went there to download it into my 3 versions (Diamond, Platinum, SoulSilver) today. Now, I'm happy to have one each. Jeez, that was a close call for me because I like Raikou out of three legendary beasts.

I'm planning to get Shiny Entei (Jan.17-23) and Shiny Suicune (Jan.31-Feb.6) the day GameStop begin to distribute 'em.

Canto

I'm goin' to get my Shiny Raikou tomorrow. (Or later today I should say, it's 1 in the morning. XD) While I'm there I'm gonna pre-order White! *squeals with joy*

Katsuya Fujiwara

I saw the question somewhere in the thread and wanted to provide an answer.
As long as the beast arrives on the Black/White cartridge by using the Transfer Machine, then the event will be triggered. I was able to use a US Arceus on my Japanese HG to activate the Sinjoh Ruins event, so the US beasts should be able to trigger the event in other language versions of the game as long as they are transferred using this method. However, the Transfer Machine behaves like the Pal Park and the PokeShifter in which you need to use similar language versions of the game in order for them to communicate with each other.
If you transfer all three at the same time, then the one that was selected first will determine the beast that Zoroark will transform into when you encounter it.
If you were to trade one of the beasts from a Black/White game to another Black/White game, I don't think the event will be triggered on the second game.

Lorde

If you were to trade one of the beasts from a Black/White game to another Black/White game, I don't think the event will be triggered on the second game.

Have you tested this out with your own copy of the games? I ask because I don't see why there would be a restriction like that in Black/White. I would understand if they placed a restriction on using the same Shiny Beast more than once, but having a restriction on traded Shiny Beasts - even on those that never activated the event before - just sounds silly. Many people depend on traded Pokemon to activate certain events, so I can't see why they'd make things so much more difficult for the players.

Aquanova

I picked up my 6 shiny Raikou yesterday, as for people that say they cant be used more than once, I think it's true, I had read earlier that they are one time use, but however remember that Zoroark is a breedable Pokemon, you can obtain as many as you want, its just that Zoroark that is special. I could try and see if my movie Celebi will work a second time, but im doubtful that it will, as Ive heard that Celebi is the same way

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
Got my two Raikous! Once I have all 3 beasts (two of each on my two games so it will be 6 in the end) I won't have to trade the ones I caught the old fashioned way on SS to my Diamond game. But I will have two sets on SS so I figure I will trade these event shiny beasts to White when I get it.

The guy at Gamestop was nice about the event. He sounded like he had already done the event and was looking forward to the new pokemon release. It was quick and easy to get the pokemon so I won't mind going back to get the rest and celebi. Raikou is my favorite! But I have already trained the wild one I caught on SS so I look forward to training the two shiny Raikou on diamond and then white.

ThePhoenixarisen9

Blazing Spirit
I like that it's at gamestop. At least that way, i can see the black and white display boxes. I already got crown raikou,and its moveset is awesome. I won't use it in battle, but i'll transfer it to black and white (US version) to get zoroark. Good thing you only need one to do the event. I don't know if i'll be able to get all three.

Crown beasts RULE!

@Umbreon's Girl

My situation was almost the exact same thing as yours.

Last edited:

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I need somebody to get me an extra gamestop Raikou/Entei/Suicune (just one of them) because I live in Argentina and I will not have any chance to battle Zoroak.
Please help me.............

Lucas.G

Veteran Member
I can trade a shiny Raikou, pokemon ranger Manaphy, Lv 50 Event Shaymin, Poketopia Pikachu (with Surf), Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Any starter family (except Squirtle and Chikorita), Creselia, Latios/Latias, Heatran, Uxie/Mesprit/Azelf, Zapdos/Moltres, pokemons that evolves after trading (with items and without items).

If anybody wants to "help" me please send me a Private Message or a Visitor Message.

Last edited:

Katsuya Fujiwara

Have you tested this out with your own copy of the games? I ask because I don't see why there would be a restriction like that in Black/White. I would understand if they placed a restriction on using the same Shiny Beast more than once, but having a restriction on traded Shiny Beasts - even on those that never activated the event before - just sounds silly. Many people depend on traded Pokemon to activate certain events, so I can't see why they'd make things so much more difficult for the players.
That's based on what I experienced on my girlfriend and my copies of the game. However, there might have been something else that prevented the event from being triggered on my girlfriend's copy that I'm not aware of, so you might still be able to use a traded beast. I still have a beast that hasn't trigger an event so I will try it out again and report back.

PostmanPenguin

Sleept too long...
Good thing I got my five shiny Raikou yesterday when I can. Looks like I'll wait for the other two crown beast soon.

Lorde

Today is the last day for Raikou Folks get it while you can!

Yeah, I almost forgot that today was the last day of the Shiny Raikou distribution. Luckily, I had some things that I had to do in town today, so I took the opportunity and went to GameStop once more and downloaded two Shiny Raikou into the games that I forgotten to take with me last time. I really needed more of those since people are really interested in them and I've been trading the ones that I have like crazy. I also got myself one of those flyers on the event, just because it looks cool.

Lord_Kain

Just call me Kain
i have no reason to go to GS those dates. ill just get the celebi when i pick up B&W and evolve zorua instead.

i have...other methods for getting the beasts if i wanna do the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.