• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crown Tundra preinstalled question

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
I bought a copy of Shield with the DLC included when I first got my Switch. I beat it, traded it in, and ended up buying Sword to shiny hunt, since I already have the National Dex in Home. However, I realized too late that the games I have in my collection that allow shiny hunting legendaries all have the same set of version exclusives. I have the worst luck in shiny hunting to begin with, and I realized that Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Sun and Sword all have the same Dialga, Xerneas, Groudon, yada yada yada.

So here's my question. If I buy a vanilla copy of Shield, and my save data has the DLC from my previous copy, do I still have to re-buy the DLC?

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
I bought a copy of Shield with the DLC included when I first got my Switch. I beat it, traded it in, and ended up buying Sword to shiny hunt, since I already have the National Dex in Home. However, I realized too late that the games I have in my collection that allow shiny hunting legendaries all have the same set of version exclusives. I have the worst luck in shiny hunting to begin with, and I realized that Alpha Sapphire, Ultra Sun and Sword all have the same Dialga, Xerneas, Groudon, yada yada yada.

So here's my question. If I buy a vanilla copy of Shield, and my save data has the DLC from my previous copy, do I still have to re-buy the DLC?
Did you buy Shield and the Shield DLC separately, or did you buy the cartridge that included the DLC?

If you bought Shield and the DLC separately, then you won’t need to buy the DLC again. If you bought the cartridge that included the expansion pass, then you will need to buy the DLC…

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Yeah I was afraid of that. I have a lot of the shiny box legends as events but catching them yourself where you are the OT is much cooler.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Did you buy Shield and the Shield DLC separately, or did you buy the cartridge that included the DLC?

If you bought Shield and the DLC separately, then you won’t need to buy the DLC again. If you bought the cartridge that included the expansion pass, then you will need to buy the DLC…
But I though the DLC was also version exclusive. As in, in the shop, there is a Shield DLC and a Sword DLC and they each only work for their respective version Games.