• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Hes talking about the battle, Oshawott won the battle, he didn't become the king because Mijuka didn't like him.

THe crowd was impressed by Oshawott , it was just more impressed at Caeser.

There was no jumping competition, they were doing a contest like move or wtv, Oshawott imitated Caesar, Mewoth was jumping because that was his "number" because he obviously can't Aqua Jet.

The point is that if the love interest wasn't there, he would of lost, plain and simple.

Rohanator

The point is that if the love interest wasn't there, he would of lost, plain and simple.

Not really, there wasn't a single moment in the battle where Oshawott gained some magical shonen power boost out of love, he was getting realistically overpowered and then turned it around with strategy.

Can people just not accept that Oshawott is actually a strong Pokemon? The writers have used him as a scape goat multiple times but he has still proved to be a good Pokemon with the wins he's had including this one as well as his league performance against Hydreigon. He's had his share of screw ups but hey, that's his personality for ya.

Last edited:

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Cool episode, best one of Da! so far.

Loved Mijumaru, glad he got a win and it's good to know things can go his way once in a while. Loved the Shell Blade + Aqua Jet combo and the battle, it wasn't super duper amazing but it was an admirable contest that's for sure. Caesar had Miju outclassed in terms of power, thankfully Satoshi turned it around with that combination in-fruition with spinning to knockout Caesar. I felt bad during the part he was battling in vain against Caesar and kept getting swatted by Shell Blade, that was intense. The way of using Shell Blade in the finishing move, Satoshi used it as more of a way of stabbing than slashing like usual and it was just beautifully animated. The flashbacks Satoshi had of Mijumaru and the idea of separating from him was pretty sweet. Because Miju's hotachi broke he was disqualified, but he won the battle and the whole tournament and we know who the real champion is. Felt bad for Mijumaru when he got rejected, Miju forget that vain and stuck-up Mijuka. ;)

Team Rocket's presence felt largely unneeded and I really wish they didn't appear in this episode, more time could have been devoted toward the battle with what time they did use. Doing their motto and proceeding to get sent skyward in a matter of seconds was just pathetic, once again getting defeated by their own malfunctioning devices. Quattro manages to be an entertaining enough COTD, he snobby behavior was fun to watch and Caesar's. Mijuka gets props too, seeing a Mijumaru in royal clothes was pretty cute. So glad he got a win and a good battle. All the hotachi merchandise looked good too.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Not really, there wasn't a single moment in the battle where Oshawott gained some magical shonen power boost out of love, he was getting realistically overpowered and then turned it around with strategy.

Can people just not accept that Oshawott is actually a strong Pokemon? The writers have used him as a scape goat multiple times but he has still proved to be a good Pokemon with the wins he's had including this one as well as his league performance against Hydreigon. He's had his share of screw ups but hey, that's his personality for ya.

How does him getting pwned in the league mean he is strong exactly?? Getting a hit a a big pokemon doesn't make you strong, especially if you had no chance, like at all.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
How does him getting pwned in the league mean he is strong exactly?? Getting a hit a a big pokemon doesn't make you strong, especially if you had no chance, like at all.
Mijumaru is a strong Pokemon, he's trained to master Aqua Jet and trained to battle without his hotachi. He get played out to be a blatant victim of plot often because he's the go to Pokemon for that type of stuff. He got used as fodder against Sanzandora, he got used as fodder to showcase Cheren's skills, he got used as fodder to showcase Pod's improvement, he got used as fodder to show off Bel's daddy's strength from his youth using a Pokemon he's had for years since then. When the plot isn't working against him he's shown to be a strong and reliable battler who has defeated several viable Pokemon in the past and held his own like a champ. Just because he acts comedic doesn't overrun his competence as a Pokemon, so yeah Mijumaru is strong and very much needed and deserved the win.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Who was that one guy that said there'd be a combination of moves and a memory of gym montage? Whoever it was he must of had secret Intel or was a really good guesser.

Anyway, interesting episode... stupid jerky guy wins out again even though he lost. Never a nice tale imo, gotta be a jerk to find love :p

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Mijumaru is a strong Pokemon, he's trained to master Aqua Jet and trained to battle without his hotachi. He get played out to be a blatant victim of plot often because he's the go to Pokemon for that type of stuff. He got used as fodder against Sanzandora, he got used as fodder to showcase Cheren's skills, he got used as fodder to showcase Pod's improvement, he got used as fodder to show off Bel's daddy's strength from his youth using a Pokemon he's had for years since then. When the plot isn't working against him he's shown to be a strong and reliable battler who has defeated several viable Pokemon in the past and held his own like a champ. Just because he acts comedic doesn't overrun his competence as a Pokemon, so yeah Mijumaru is strong and very much needed and deserved the win.

Who??

The battle against Pansage was bull. He got lucky with both Watchog and Blitzle. His only legit win that I can even remember is against Krokorok.

Rohanator

He did very well against Hydreigon despite losing, that means that he's pretty strong considering he's a damn Oshawott. Do not deny this.

There's plenty of "bull" and "lucky" wins in Pokemon, not just for Oshawott. Dem haters. : [

knux-the-killer

I just want to know why the anime hates dewotts so much.
And losing against a mere oshawott. Talking about humiliation

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Who??

The battle against Pansage was bull. He got lucky with both Watchog and Blitzle. His only legit win that I can even remember is against Krokorok.
Yanappu:Not bull, Mijumaru took a nice amount of hits and did some damage to Yanappu. Used a rebounded Water Gun to retrieve his hotachi and go on to win, also showcased his hotachi's defensive abilities.

Miruhog:Hit it with Shell Blade and got confused but still hit it Aqua Jet and gained a tie in the process, moves still are able to hit under confusion.

Shimama:Trained for non-hotachi combat and had upped speed, scored quite a lot of Tackles against the opposition, managed to out gut Shimama when their Nitro Charge and Aqua Jet's fused and crashed. Won the battle completely legitimately.

Dokkora:Knocked it out by overpowering it fairly easily, showing off his growth as a Pokemon in physical strength.

Waruvile:Used Water Gun while spinning to eliminate Sandstorm and goes on to win by linking together three super-effective moves one after another.

Even the battle against Sanzadora at the league he lost showed him hitting it once with each one of his attacks, that's pretty damn impressive considering Gantle barely did anything and Chaobu only managed to win because of the prior damage to it. That's pretty damn impressive and as I said before when the plot isn't working against him he's able to win or show his prowess decently.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just want to know why the anime hates dewotts so much.
And losing against a mere oshawott. Talking about humiliation

A mere Oshawott? I'm hollering. Why is it so impossible to believe that Ash's Oshawott could beat its evolved form when many other unevolved Pokemon have done the same thing? Contrary to popular belief, Oshawott does have several wins so it's not completely out of the blue for him to win against Dewott. It's not like Dewott have ever been represented as powerful battlers anyway. They're a middle stage species, so they're sort of average in terms of power to begin with.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Yanappu:Not bull, Mijumaru took a nice amount of hits and did some damage to Yanappu. Used a rebounded Water Gun to retrieve his hotachi and go on to win, also showcased his hotachi's defensive abilities.

Miruhog:Hit it with Shell Blade and got confused but still hit it Aqua Jet and gained a tie in the process, moves still are able to hit under confusion.

Shimama:Trained for non-hotachi combat and had upped speed, scored quite a lot of Tackles against the opposition, managed to out gut Shimama when their Nitro Charge and Aqua Jet's fused and crashed. Won the battle completely legitimately.

Dokkora:Knocked it out by overpowering it fairly easily, showing off his growth as a Pokemon in physical strength.

Waruvile:Used Water Gun while spinning to eliminate Sandstorm and goes on to win by linking together three super-effective moves one after another.

Even the battle against Sanzadora at the league he lost showed him hitting it once with each one of his attacks, that's pretty damn impressive considering Gantle barely did anything and Chaobu only managed to win because of the prior damage to it. That's pretty damn impressive and as I said before when the plot isn't working against him he's able to win or show his prowess decently.

He legit got raped by Pansage and then won with like a 1 hit KO like come on.

He couldn't control himself against Watchog and Blitzle and won by luck, not legit.

I'll give you this one even though I like legit forgot about it.

Like I said, this one was legit.

He had two legit battles out of how many?? I'm sorry but that doesn't say strong to me.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
He legit got raped by Pansage and then won with like a 1 hit KO like come on.
He hit Yanappu with a Water Gun and two Shell Blades, that's a more than believable feat for a first gym.

He couldn't control himself against Watchog and Blitzle and won by luck, not legit.
Heigani managed to knock out a Golduck while under confusion, attacks still hit under confusion. Mijumaru was handling Shimama well and still managed to stand up after the clash.

He had two legit battles out of how many?? I'm sorry but that doesn't say strong to me.
No point in discussing it any further than, in that case it just comes down to an unmovable opinion.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
No more discussions about Oshawott's track record. Talk about the goddamn episode for once, bye.

p96822

Evolve me please
Okay I wacth the episode and I can say about it was pretty okay. I like the Dewott trainer and his snobby adutude of Ash and Oshawott to have a conflited. The Island Oshawotts and Dewott were over cuteness 9000! Team Rocket in this episode did hurt anything, but their presents wasn't needed this time. I did like the short battle with Cessor and Oshawott had, also Aqua Jet spear was a pretty good combo move. I love the ending where Oshawott is being a goof ball agian. Really the flashback was okay with Oshawott but if their were more battle in Bw with him I would have carried a little bit more. Let that Cinccino be Oshawott gf Lols XD!

knux-the-killer

Just because dewott is a middle form doesn't justify why a baby has to kick his ***. As I can recall, every single dewott that appeared in the anime was been nothing but a punchbag. Seriously the anime doesn't need to keep rubbing that in our faces. It was sad enough to realize Ash's oshawott will stuck up as baby forever.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Who??

The guy that apparently watched the episode before it aired and I asked yesterday how he knew that and you said he was just speculating.

It probably aired in a diferent channel yesterday for some reason, thats why the guy knew.

He won because of Satoshi strategy not a love interest but who cares, you will keep saying that.

Just like Scraggy wins are all out of luck or the oponents being weak.

I wish they chose a better animator for this episode. This one is just so 'Meh' that he makes everything look so basic.

Other than that, I didn't have much thoughts going into this episode. I knew Oshawott wasn't going to leave so all I was hoping for was to be entertained. I can't say I'll be rewatching this numerous times, but it was fine for what it was and it did have some funny parts (mainly from Meowth).

Oh and look at that, Ash has achieved something two episodes in a row. Looks like he won't be leaving BW empty-handed afterall.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
[IMG139]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/bestwishes/787/DP364.jpg[/IMG139]

Iris' reaction is mine to this episode. Just kidding, it wasn't bad.

I'm just glad that they finally established Oshawott's weird love-at-first-sight obsessions as a personality trait instead of a plot device when necessary.

Also, LOL at the pages of scalchop discussion. Oshawott's scalchop obviously wouldn't remain shattered.

Last edited: