• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crowning the Scalchop King (787)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked how everything was shell themed on the island here ha ha. Oshawott loving the queen Oshawott was cute, plus I liked his sudden rivalry with Dewott and how he won the battle. Too bad he didn't find love. ^^;

Leonhart

Imagineer
With so much focus on Mijumaru here, I was seriously expecting Satoshi's Mijumaru to finally evolve. I enjoyed his fight with Futachimaru however, although Mijumaru's disqualification seemed highly unfair. I also chuckled when Nyasu disguised himself as a Futachimaru and had to break those bricks.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Loved the battle at the end, Osha vs. Caesar. How Osha got knocked around a few times at first: I thought he was going to lose the match easily. The Razor Shell attacks at the end, was more of a stabbing than slashing.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I love how they said the golden scalchop was made by someone from the island. Like...does this person have a name? How are they not important? I find it extremely disturbing that every piece of merchandise is Scalchop related.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I enjoyed his fight with Futachimaru however, although Mijumaru's disqualification seemed highly unfair.

I did think that Oshawott's whole disqualification dilemma was messed up, tho since Oshawott would've had to stay on the island and leave Ash if he had won, I guess that his scalchop breaking kind of saved him from that fate. So that's good. ^^

Leonhart

Imagineer
I did think that Oshawott's whole disqualification dilemma was messed up, tho since Oshawott would've had to stay on the island and leave Ash if he had won, I guess that his scalchop breaking kind of saved him from that fate. So that's good. ^^

Truthfully though, Mijumaru could have won the tournament and simply chosen to remain with Satoshi, since I doubt he'd be forced to stay on the island against his will.

Daizy

I call you honey
Liked seeing Surf again, it is a nifty move to use at times. I never expected to see Surf in the anime again after the tsunami though. Great episode and an Oshawott win is always worth it.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, it probably would've been better for Satoshi's Mijumaru to remain on the island here and leave the cast permanently. At this point he was a joke Pokemon with little else to offer, and since we likely won't see him to anything important ever again, this could've been his farewell episode.

Poor Oshawott... at least you have Snivy
This episode is very similar to the Croagunk Festival one in DP

Last edited: