• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cruisin' for a Losin' (354)

Sharpshooter said:
May actions are pretty much part of the learning curve in the same way what Ash went through during kanto. Although she kinda got owned in that episode alright, and I'm pretty pleased Drew won it (how many ribbons does he have now following this episode?).

Drew has 4 ribbons now, iirc.

This episode was good, May's overconfidence was irritating, but she learnt the error of her ways in the end. Ash was way too nice to her in my opinion, she was a total bitch to him when he offered a suggestion for Bulbasaur in the battle. Oh well, I suppose it was nice to see a personality change for May, I always see her as a soft-voiced innocent girl XD

I loved seeing the Girafarig, but.. the fact it got beaten so easily was disappointing. I always thought Lairon was ugly until I saw this episode.

Savannah should have won the contest.

8 / 10

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

cool ep, cept may was a biatch to both Ash and Bulbasaur

I mean Ash has a bulbasaur, He would have given May good advice!

but now Drew has four ribbons

Batdude

Old school
I am ecstatic that Bulbasaur got trounced. May had it coming. I never liked her and this has shown that she is a big-headed and thoughtless co-ordinator.

Ok, maybe not THAT extreme, but she was acting like a total wagon. I only really got into Hoenn recently, but I saw a few eps at the start and a few recently, and May just does nothing for me with the whole Co-ordinating thing.

I am so happy that Lairon strutted it's stuff with that Shock Wave travelling up the vines.

Where does May get off going "Contest Battles are harder than Gym Battles"? Either way, after that contest Ash should have taken out his 20 badges from the other regions and said, "Do you want some advice on battles now?"...

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I like how the Ash-like side of May started to take over. I'm just glad this isn't the last we see of Bulbasaur!

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Sharpshooter said:
I don't why people are complaining about Drew, he acted like he acts in every contest episode, actually he was probably more considerate than ever I've seen previously.
You got me. May's MUCH ruder to him in this episode than he is to her. In fact, he's not rude to her at all, apart from his snickering at her, which was really more annoying than anything else.

Last edited:
W

WindyNight

May was really mean in that episode...Her attitude toward everyone was rude, especially to Ash when he was only trying to help her..
As for Drew, I think he was just trying to help May and wanted her to know that if she only thought about her winning streaks, she was not going to win at all...
Stubborn May didn't want to listen to anybody's advices in that episode..
But still, that's an awesome episode...^^

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
This was the only contest episode I refuse to ever watch again. May was totally OOC, and if it wasn't for Ash having a heart and trying to console her, she probably would have given up her dream and stopped going to contests after seeing Drew get twice as many ribbons as her.

Needless to say, I really hated this episode because May had a "but I have two badges!!!" moment, especially since her opponent was a nice friendly rival, not like Harley will be later on.

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
There were a couple of things wrong with this ep. Firstly May's overconfidence of using Bulbasaur much to the shock of everyone else and Jessie being too demanding on James and Meowth (as always) when they making Ribbons.

Riva

The Olive Kitsune
For some reason, I found it uncomfortable for mothers to have fangirl crushes on Drew...

Hydroleaf

♥ ♥ Brain Bleach ♥ ♥
Ash was so tolerant of May. I'm a bit suprised he didn't say something like:
Ash: I ******* told you, *****! **** **** *** ****!
You know, people aren't kidding when they say May is turning into an Ash clone...
It's nice that he went to cheer her up, though.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Whoo boy, was May a ***** this week or what? But it offered a new angle on the whole contest thing - her desire to prove that she's better than Drew inflates her head to the point where she thinks she's better than everyone, and she tanks as a result. That's good writing.

I quite agree. Everyone needs to get knocked down a few pegs now and then, and what better time than during a contest?

Poor Bulbasaur! She was obviously very nervous, and that got the better of her. Ash was really nice to talk with May after, and seeing some Drew fangirls was pretty funny :D

Good episode.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Mmm, too bad that May lost.

And Poor Bulbasaur, it was still weak.

Lairon was very strong, i loved his moves, like Metal Sound.

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Too by honest, I was surprised an old gal like the COTD in this arc was seen competing against young trainers in a Pokemon Contest. She was like the opposite of Jeremy from Kanto.

Anyway, it was cool to see May so confident in her victory. I was a tad upset that she lost the chance to get her third Hoenn ribbon that old gals Lairon. Then again, she used her newly caught Bulbasaur. It lacked training to begin with.

May wasn't smart, she should have used someone with more experience this time aound. 6/10

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm a little late in seeing this episode but May ticked me off here, yah she grew as a person blah blah blah. But her yelling at Ash for no reason, kept wanting Ash to yell back but no, for once he had to go and be mature >>