• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cruisin' for a Losin' (354)

D

Ditzy_Blonde

The Big Al said:
May was an absolute jerk. Considering Ash trained a Bublasaur for a couple years, he could have helped her. I don't care what they claim, any trainer could win the second half a contest. Not to mention May was acting like Co-ordinators are superior to trainers. Huh, the reverse is true actually.

So basically, May acted like a human?

I fail to see the horror.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
If you call being a b**** human I guess.

PDL

disenchanted
so her ego swelled in this contest... it's happened to everyone at some point in their lives... Someone get's high and mighty, and then karma comes and gives a swift kick in the crotch, and they get some humility... if they are wise enough, they learn from their error and move on...

now I wonder when they'll air this episode so I can actually enjoy it this time :\...

L

lucious_dia

EvilKeckleon said:
so her ego swelled in this contest... it's happened to everyone at some point in their lives... Someone get's high and mighty, and then karma comes and gives a swift kick in the crotch, and they get some humility... if they are wise enough, they learn from their error and move on...

Well put. *_*

Yes, it seemed we finally see some more character development in her, even though it was the bad side. Everybody has those days when they think they are better than everyone. And I kind of enjoy the judges telling May off, it made her realize what she was doing, and thanks to Ash later, she learns from her mistake. This was one of Team Rocket's non-annoying episode that I liked.

I kinda felt bad for Ash in this one, taking all that yelling. He never got mad, didn't argue back, didn't protect his title as being a pokemon trainer due to May's remark about the argument of pokemon contests being more complicated than battles. He was calm, to put it plainly. And even managed to comfort her in the end, being the sweet friend he is, after the crap he took from her just for trying to help Savannah, and trying to give her some advice on what to do with Bulbasaur. It is prove that he cares. I still love May though. XD

Ash showed a bit of maturity in here, and my respect grew for him in this episode.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
So May finally loses her first Pokemon Contest since her first one (I think).

May finally lost it, too. She gave Ash a pretty bad yelling, but he put up with it like a man, being calm and all. Yep, he's a good friend.

Team Rocket over-did it with the ribbons. But they should have learned from back in the Johto League Silver Conference. Can't massproduce any item and expect to sell it all, you know something's going to happen.

Too bad, I wanted to see Drew's match versus Sandra. It would have been cool. But then again, maybe we did see the match...I dunno, I can't seem to remember...

I'll give this episode a...what do you know? 7/10. >_>

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
FINALLY. AFTER ABOUT SIX WEEKS, I SEE A NEW EPISODE!

It was OK I guess. But a lot of things ticked me off. I'm sick of Team Rocket. I really am.

May acted like quite a ***** in this episode. I was surprised at Ash's reaction, I was expecting him to blow up at her. He would have done it if it had been anybody else.

I'm glad she lost. I felt like watching somebody lose for some reason. And her getting snapped at by the judges was awesome.

Drew ****** me off in this episode. I don't know why, he just did. So did the idea of Contestshipping. IT ****** ME OFF. -_-

And what's up with Drew's fangirls, where did they all come from? They probably came when I haven't been watching or something, but WTF. They're like thirty years old and worshipping some kid that at the oldest is twelve years old. He's not even that good looking. No, Drew isn't good looking at all. And his voice is annoying.

... Yes, Drew really ****** me off, for one reason or another.

And I found Savannah's worshipping of May... odd. I found it weird that a mom would be looking up to a ten year old and having to use ideas that her daughter came up with. Maybe it's because I didn't see the last episode...

I'll give this a 7.5/10. Would have earned higher if DREW weren't in it. I'm starting to hate him...

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
cold_katanagirl said:
And what's up with Drew's fangirls, where did they all come from? They probably came when I haven't been watching or something, but WTF.
They came in the last episode. And they're not just Drew's fangirls, they're...just fangirls. Or rather, fanmoms.

Everyone keeps saying it's sick that the fanmoms like Drew. But come on, when May came into town last episode, they were hero-worshiping her. Does that mean they liked her in that way? o_O

L

Lust

I only saw the last part of the episode (When Bulbasaur was battling Lairon) and I thought it was pretty good. Drew is kinda cool but wears weird clothes. May was thinking that she was going to win every contest.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I donno, I think he has an annoying voice in both. Like Max.

Anyone else notice the animation error? At the end when they're all having drinks, it starts with Brock's side of the table and the glasses are pretty big. Then it switches and all the glasses have shrunk.

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
They came in the last episode. And they're not just Drew's fangirls, they're...just fangirls. Or rather, fanmoms.
I know that, I'm just saying they were annoying.
Everyone keeps saying it's sick that the fanmoms like Drew. But come on, when May came into town last episode, they were hero-worshiping her. Does that mean they liked her in that way? o_O
Didn't see the last episode.
Hardly. With the exception of Savannah, I wouldn't put any of those moms over 25 at the absolute oldest.
Just an exaggeration joke...
Not in Japanese.
Shuu doesn't have the greatest voice in the world either.

R

Robert

This was an okay episode. It was good to see May get cocky and then get completely owned. I also liked the idea of Bulbasaur getting stage fright, seems realistic when it has spent its life behind a wall.

Other than that, it was just about the exact same as every other contest episode. I loved them at first, but they are now starting to get repetitive...

B

Brocksketchum

Well, May truly was crusin' for a losin'. Cool how the title worked out, even if it did give away that she would lose.

Joy's voice is reminding me of Princess Peach for some odd reason.

The only sale Team Rocket made and it had to be refunded... better luck next time, guys!

No dizzy symbols when Bulbasaur was declaired unable to battle? Time to rub it in! :D

DarkWobbuffet

BEEEEAAAARR!!!
cold_katanagirl said:
Drew ****** me off in this episode. I don't know why, he just did. So did the idea of Contestshipping. IT ****** ME OFF. -_-

... Yes, Drew really ****** me off, for one reason or another.

I'll give this a 7.5/10. Would have earned higher if DREW weren't in it. I'm starting to hate him...

Can I hug you now? o.o

Aside from Shuu being an ***, I enjoyed this episode. Haruka's been having it awfully easy during this region, and getting slapped with a bit of reality was nice to see. I may be a Haruka fan, but she seriously needed to be taken down a notch. Satoshi was a very good friend to her as well, trying to give her advice, putting up with her yelling, then comforting her after the battle. :)

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I know I was wondering when I looked at the number of contest episodes that we hadn't gotten to, and saw that there were four contests, so I knew May had to have lost one since she didn't get her fifth ribbon until just before the Grand Festival. I can see now where it happened and why. I think it was a valuable learning experience for May to lose a contest after winning two straight and getting arrogant about it. At least we know she's going to be winning from now on. :)

I can't wait for the next contest (it's the Lilycove one, right?). Jessie competes with Chimecho!!! :D :D :D

W

WindyNight

YTV just aired that episode today at noon...
I enjoyed the episode, though I am not very pleased with May's attitude toward Ash...
Drew and Masquerain are really great..
I like the part when Drew tried to advice May to forget about the past and face the future...May was just......
Overall, I give a rating 9/10 for the episode..
I love all Contest Episodes!!! ^_^

Savanna had the most rocking appeal yet, May was funny as a jerk. Mays Bulbsaur has a heart shapped mark on its head. Who noticed that? Another mucked up TC, Camerupt loses mostly to Ludicolo becasue Ludicolo is part water. This is the only contest we see Drew win isn't it? But Maserain(sp?) was rockin with its bubbles. Lairon has a great dub voice just like Maskerain. A very good contest ep in my opinion.

9/10 it went down because Savvan should of won and May was a real biatch.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Saw the ep this morning. I think I like May better when she acts like a nasty little brat. Which goes a long way to explaining why my favourite characters are Team Rocket and Drew...

I was amazed that Ash took May's yelling so calmly. She was really laying into him, totally unprovoked, and he just kept his cool, tried to reason with her, then backed off when he saw that it wasn't going to work. Incredible. Just imagine his reaction if it had been Misty or Gary talking to him like that. o_O

The glances exchanged between Brock and Drew confused me a little. Drew's shrug was hilarious, but what was up with Brock's frowning? Did he suspect that Drew had riled May up, and that was why she was behaving like such a b*tch? Just curious.

Bulbasaur was so cute in this ep! <3 And the Savannah/Sandra relationship was terribly sweet, too. It felt like Sandra spends more time taking care of her mother than vice versa. It's nice to see a little kid who manages to be precocious without annoying the hell out of me for once. You know, I'd actually be really interested in reading trainer-fic for her.

I loved Ash and May's make up scene, too. Again, Ash was very mature and understanding about the whole thing. I guess he sees a bit of his younger self in May, and that makes him go easy on her.

Man, were those mums ever scary about Drew. Oh well, nice to see him openly acknowledged as a hottie in canon. :p

Last edited:

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
May actions are pretty much part of the learning curve in the same way what Ash went through during kanto. Although she kinda got owned in that episode alright, and I'm pretty pleased Drew won it (how many ribbons does he have now following this episode?).

I don't why people are complaining about Drew, he acted like he acts in every contest episode, actually he was probably more considerate than ever I've seen previously.

The battles themeselves were ok, the Lairon/Bulbasaur match was clever on Savannah's behalf but I was slightly suprised how little damage Bulbasaur recieved from it's take down attack. And then of course the Shock wave causing paralysis did it.

Both Drew's matches were ok as well, the first one was a little rushed but what do you expect considering there was no emphasis on the two in the first place. The final had the same effect although Drew's Masquerain looked quite decent out there.

♥Princess Ketchum♥

#1 Ash Satoshi Lover
I think this was a great episode and it was mean may being nasty to poor ash and is is ashame she lost

9/10