• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crush Bones, Flatten Villages

Ursaring is a powerful Pokemon.

What I have just said is an understatement. As my second favorite Pokemon thinking of a way to get Ursaring into OU play is a novel idea. Especially when his attack stat is unleashed to the max. The only problem is working around that self-butchering 55 Speed stat. So I've created a bit of a novel Team to do that. I don't know whether I should take it seriously yet or not, which is why I'm posting it here. To see what you guys think. Note that this is for the Suspect ladder, so don't go spouting off anything about Salamance here, ok? Ok.
----------------------------------------------------
291.png

Ninjask @Leftovers
Speed Boost/Jolly
252 Hp/184 Def/68 Spe
-Swords Dance
-Baton Pass
-Substitute
-Protect

The whole idea of using Ursaring in OU is already risky enough, so why not play up the risk even more by adding one of the frailest, but potentially most useful leads in the game? This Ninjask's job is stay on the defensive and be sure to get in a Swords Dance, Sub upon incoming Rocks, then baton out of there to the Grizzly.
------------------------------------------------------
217.png

Ursaring@Flame Orb
Guts/Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Facade
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Punch

So here he is, one big mean Mother Hubbard. I'm hoping I'm getting the most out of the Bear's attack hear. Ideally he'll have one Speed Boost and an SD Baton Passed to him when he hits the field. Add on Guts and Facade's boost and you have the Horseman of Death without his Horse. Crunch is for more power on Ghosts, and Fire Punch is only here over Close Combat for Scizor. Though I'm sure the Grizzly is going to die anyway Vs. the metal mantis.
---------------------------------------------------------------
73.png

Tentacruel@Leftovers
Liquid Ooze/Calm
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpD
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Surf
-Sludge Bomb

Tentacruel is working a temp job here. Going off a suggestion to take out Forretress for it as my team is too Ape weak. If you want to check out Forretress and give him a bit of a Rate go to the Bottom of the post, he's there for you to potentially fix.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
499.png

Rotom-H@Leftovers
Levitate/Bold
252 HP/168 Def/88 Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat
-Will-o-wisp

Funny story, the other day this guy was at my local KFC, and he was yelling at the employees there to "MAKE IT HOT" and "DON'T GIVE ME ANY OF THAT WHITE MEAT". So, you know what they did? Gave him an all White Meat combo, upon which he angrily realized upon leaving the KFC. Like that likely Piping hot KFC meal, Rotom-H makes things hot with Overheat, oh, and he can block rapid spin too. Not much else to say really.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
242.png

Blissey@Leftovers
Natural Cure/Bold
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic

Hey look it's Blissey.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
245.png

Suicune@Life Orb
Pressure/Modest
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Calm Mind
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-HP Electric

I have no idea what I was thinking here. No seriously, I don't. He's an uncanny choice IMO for a special sweeper, but he's a good choice for the team I'm thinking. I don't know. His main job is to special sweep, AND keep me safe from Dragons, but I don't know about this one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
NOT IN THE TEAM AT THE MOMENT
205.png

Forretress@Shed Shell
Sturdy/Relaxed
252 HP/100 Atk/156 Def
-Toxic Spikes
-Stealth Rock
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion

I think Fortress is a pretty cool guy, eh spins spieks and doesn't afraid of anything. Except for Magnezone, but that's why Shed Shell exists, right? The idea here is to be purely dealing in entry hazards, no EQ or Gyro Ball to bog you down. Get in the Spikes and Rocks, Spin away other hazards, and once you're done, switch out or make a Blow out.
----------------------------------------------------------

So, there's the team. There is likely a Glaring weakness here which ruins this whole thing. However, I'll leave that up to you guys to find. Remember, I'm not even sure myself if this is Shoddy-worthy.

Last edited:

Simse

I'm glad to see Ursaring being used in OU, he really is powerful.

I suggest you change your Ninjask to a more bulky Ninjask lead. Then your Sash be be ruined, you could also pass a Sub to Ursaring whic would be a lot more helpful incase your against such thing as BP Scizor, or extremely fast Scarf users.

I like this Ninjask personally.
ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 HP | 184 Defense | 68 Speed.
Moves:
Swords Dance
Substitute
Protect
Baton Pass

Not exactly standard, but I prefer it. Sub up on the Stealth Rock, then Swords Dance. Protecet is for Leftovers recovery, and for extra Speed Boosts. Then just Baton Pass.

Love Ursaring.

On Offensive Suicune, run HP Electric over Roar. It lets get take on Bulky waters, instead of being walled. Roar isn't really need on Offensive Suicune.

I can tell this team doesn't like MixApe, so I think replacing Forretress for Tentarcruel might be a good idea. Tenta can Rapid Spin, set up T-Spikes but can't do Stealth Rock. You could possibly give Blissey Stealth Rock over Toxic, but I'm not really sure if that's the greatest idea, but I'm not sure what else to do.
This team could have troubles with DD Ttar, if it gets on DD up, there isn't much that can stop it. Seeing as Forretress doesn't have Gyro Ball.

I'm glad to see Ursaring being used in OU, he really is powerful.

I suggest you change your Ninjask to a more bulky Ninjask lead. Then your Sash be be ruined, you could also pass a Sub to Ursaring whic would be a lot more helpful incase your against such thing as BP Scizor, or extremely fast Scarf users.

I like this Ninjask personally.
ninjask.png

Ninjask @ Leftovers
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Jolly
EV's: 252 HP | 184 Defense | 68 Speed.
Moves:
Swords Dance
Substitute
Protect
Baton Pass

Not exactly standard, but I prefer it. Sub up on the Stealth Rock, then Swords Dance. Protecet is for Leftovers recovery, and for extra Speed Boosts. Then just Baton Pass.

Love Ursaring.

On Offensive Suicune, run HP Electric over Roar. It lets get take on Bulky waters, instead of being walled. Roar isn't really need on Offensive Suicune.

I can tell this team doesn't like MixApe, so I think replacing Forretress for Tentarcruel might be a good idea. Tenta can Rapid Spin, set up T-Spikes but can't do Stealth Rock. You could possibly give Blissey Stealth Rock over Toxic, but I'm not really sure if that's the greatest idea, but I'm not sure what else to do.
This team could have troubles with DD Ttar, if it gets on DD up, there isn't much that can stop it. Seeing as Forretress doesn't have Gyro Ball.

Ooh, I like that Ninjask, seems like a good SD chance with him. I'll try it out.

Blissey with Rocks is a Bad idea. I'm just going to use Tentacruel and see how I fare lacking SR. I'm hoping something (Particularly a Water) can stop T-Tar. However, I know he's the biggest threat to this team.

Simse

Ooh, I like that Ninjask, seems like a good SD chance with him. I'll try it out.

Blissey with Rocks is a Bad idea. I'm just going to use Tentacruel and see how I fare lacking SR. I'm hoping something (Particularly a Water) can stop T-Tar. However, I know he's the biggest threat to this team.

Tenta doesn't get Stealth Rock. Give it Rapid Spin. Also, I suggest getting rid of Sludge Bomb. It doesn't really do anything, and lacks power due to Tenta's awful Special Attack. I like Knock Off better, a lot more helpful than Sludge Bomb.

I really don't know what to suggest on your Ttar problem. Possibly getting rid off Tenta or Blissey and putting in a counter to him. Or possibly a revenge killer. Scarf Heracross could work. Resists both Ttar's stabs, and only fears Fire Punch. While having a x2 and x4 STAB attacks to deal with Ttar, and faster than a +1 Ttar, and can revenge MixApe with Close Combat. Just a thought.

Tenta doesn't get Stealth Rock. Give it Rapid Spin. Also, I suggest getting rid of Sludge Bomb. It doesn't really do anything, and lacks power due to Tenta's awful Special Attack. I like Knock Off better, a lot more helpful than Sludge Bomb.

I really don't know what to suggest on your Ttar problem. Possibly getting rid off Tenta or Blissey and putting in a counter to him. Or possibly a revenge killer. Scarf Heracross could work. Resists both Ttar's stabs, and only fears Fire Punch. While having a x2 and x4 STAB attacks to deal with Ttar, and faster than a +1 Ttar, and can revenge MixApe with Close Combat. Just a thought.

WHOOPS. I meant to keep Rapid Spin when Editing and get rid of Stealth rock, looks like the opposite happened. I'm going to keep Sludge Bomb at the moment as I'm Lazy and don't feel like editing my team. Hera was originally on this team in place of Blissey, but I fear the lack of Bliss's wish support.