• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crys

m190049

Local psychopath
Did you know some pokemon have very similar cries?

Charazard and Rhyhorn
Ditto and Polliwag

Who knows more?

Go to Veekun.com to hear the crys on your computer. Go to their pokedex page, and click mp3 here.

Current list:
Charazard ------ Rhyhorn
Ditto ----------- Polliwag
Areodactyl ------Vileplume
Goldeen -------- Caterpie
Mewtwo -------- Parasect
Machop -------- Omanyte
Girafarig -------- Porygon2
Machoke ------- Growlithe
Machamp -------Slowbro
Pidgeot ---------Chancey
Wartortle -------Tauros
Porygon -------- Victreebel
Seaking -------- Scyther
Bulbasaur -------Dratini
Ivysaur ---------Dragonair
Venasaur ------- Dragonite

Last edited:

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
Yes, and there has been numerous threads about them. Do a search next time.

And I do believe that the cries have been ripped to MP3s, but I do not know the website.

joesfriedchicken

Military Trainer
Nintendo did this to save memory in the game boy color games.
Also machop-omanyte.

celeryjackfreak

Hauntings and DOOM!
Pidgeotto/Pidgeot - Chansey
Lickitung-Hitmonchan
Magneton-Gastly
Zapdos-Kabutops

Last edited:

joesfriedchicken

Military Trainer
wartortle-tauros

joesfriedchicken

Military Trainer
srry, hit the post button twice.

Last edited:

battay

lol at you
Lickitung-Hitmonchan - wrong
Magneton-Gastly - wrong
Zapdos-Kabutops - wrong

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
There is a little similarity between Suicune's and Milotic's cries as I have noticed, or I must have misheard.

Sphyxius

some of them sound identical and others only sound vaguely similar, like one evolved from the other...

porygon and victreebel's cries sound no more alike than charmeleon and charizard's... same with porygon 2 and girafarig... they really don't sound THAT similar...

I think some pokemon that are in no way related have cries that sound like one evolved from the other. like, Heracross sounds like its the pre-evo of Scizor... and so on...

I really hate it that pokemon in the same evolution line no longer sound similar... similar sounds and pitches but the overall cry is totally different... I always thought it was cool that pokes in the first two gens had cries that grew more intense and fierce with evolution.

No one seems to notice how similar the Venusaur/Dragonite family sounds..
If i heard their cries and nothing else i'd say the evolution went like Bulbasaur-Dratini-Dragonair-Ivysaur-Dragonite-Venusaur...

Dax

Legend
Since this thread is about cries: Is it just me or does Chatot's cry says Perappu? I just hear that it says its japanese name.