• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Crystal RMT: First playthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chidzz

So, my mum just bought me a GBA SP and a copy of Pokemon Crystal from a retro game shop and I just started playing it. Since I was born in 2000 and got into Pokemon only in the late 2007, my first game was Pokemon Diamond, so I'm not very used to very small movepools as per Gen. II. Any suggestions are welcome. This is my team:

Meganium:
-Synthesis
-SolarBeam
-Sunny day
-Body Slam

Noctowl:
-Fly
-Take Down
-Hypnosis
-Reflect

Aipom:
-Shadow Ball
-Headbutt
-Iron Tail
-Ice Punch

Sudowoodo:
-Rock Slide
-Slam
-Faint Attack
-Earthquake

Azumarill:
-Surf
-Ice Punch
-Rollout
-Double Edge

Machoke (cant trade):
-Cross Chop
-Dig
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
I'm the same, born in second gen (1998) but raised in fourth, started playing pokemon 12/25/2010, got Soul Silver then and now I got every gen except first and second (gonna get them, though!) Anyway, Solarbeam is really the only move that is benefited by Sunny Day, so you might want to find other moves that get benefit, too like maybe teach Ampharos Fire Punch instead of Strength, as Fire Punch is special in second gen. Also, you may want to study up on types a bit, if this is your first game not in gen 4/5, first, second, and third gen don't have the physical/special split all moves of one type are either physical (example:normal types) or special (example: ice types). Here's the list:

Physical
Normal
Fighting
Flying
Poison
Ground
Rock
Bug
Ghost
Steel

Special
Fire
Water
Grass
Electric
Psychic
Ice
Dragon
Dark

Chidzz

thanks for the info, but i just realized I cant get ampharos in crystal so i changed it for sudowoodo and I'll change gemgar for aipom since he can only be caught at night

Last edited:

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
If your more interested, I think Sudowoodo can learn DynamicPunch, so that's always an alternative to Slam. But for that matter you might as well get a No Guard Machamp and teach it that, and Machamp can be much more useful, as I believe it can learn pretty much every move with punch in the name in that gen. Also Aipom could probably learn some punches too. Sorry if this isn't too useful, I'll look into it more in the morning, I'm like half asleep right now XD

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
No Guard was a 4th gen ability

DGatrz Master

Trainer of Legends.
No Guard was a 4th gen ability

Oh, thanks I never had Machamp except in Diamond, so I didn't know it was fourth gen. Anyway, here's how I'd have Sudowoodo:

Rock Slide
Earthquake
DynamicPunch/Ice Punch
Fire Punch

Aipom's fine, as for it's last move, I'd have whatever move leftover on Sudowoodo (Ice Punch or DynamicPunch.)

Chidzz

I'm not a fan of big power small accuracy coz its annoying so I don't use dynamic punch and money is a big thing (TMs for headbutt, ice/fire punch) so because ive got ice punch on azumarill and headbutt on aipom, i'll stick with sudowoodos moveset for now but switch mimic for EQ and as for aipom, i might have just enough money for another ice punch

Chidzz

i didn't get smoochum and im way past drowzee so im just gonna change it to macho

sorry for the changes but im kinda new to all this

Status
Not open for further replies.