• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cubone=Kangaskhan? Check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
Cubone -> Marowak -> Kangaskhan

Maybe in Gen 5 you will be able to obtain a Cubone from Kangaskhan if it holds "Bone Incense" or something...

But seriously no, it's impossible =)

Bone Incense? Haha. Although that does sound feasible.

I think most people would rather finally have a Kangaskhan pre-evo than hatch Kangaskhan that already have a baby in it's pouch. It looks different enough from Kangaskhan so that it could be classified as a different species rather than just a little Kangaskhan.

Although, there is a Pokemon that already evolves into Kangaskhan...

xspicysnowballx

Woof, meow, moo!
Kangaskhan doesn't make sense.

Origin
Kangaskhan is based on a kangaroo.

Name origin
Kangaskhan's name is a combination of kangaroo and Genghis Khan, founder of the Mongol Empire (possibly how its Pokédex data refers to how violently protective it is of its child). Ironically, Genghis Khan was a male, but Kangaskhan is a female-only species. Its Japanese name is derived from English words "kangaroo" (カンガルー kangarū) and "ruler" (ルーラー rūrā).

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kangaskhan_(Pokémon)

Cubone ALONE doesn't make sense, making a theory of how it exists due to mutation caused by malnutrition is ludicrous.

Origin
It may be based on the aboriginal Australians who throw boomerangs to catch food.

Name origin
Cubone's name might be a combination of cute and bone, cub and bone, or cue ball (a reference to its pale white head) and bone. Karakara may be taken to mean からから, clattering. It is worth noting that karakara denotes lighter clattering than garagara.
Despite wearing the skull of its dead mother, Cubone can be bred in the games with no ill effects on its mother. This is likely for fairness, every time the player wanted to breed a Cubone, it would cost them its mother.

A Cubone eats it's mother after birth.
Hmm....

I don't think it would do that...

Cubone's name for English audiences was originally going to be "Orphon," a reference to how it's orphaned at birth.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Cubone_(Pokémon)

Last edited:

glowing_light010

•chℓoε•
Hmmm, a good theory. It looks like it had a lot of thought put into it, but there's just to many kinks in the theory /:
I doubt it's true.

Trainmaster718

ORAS is here!

pokemonmasterhustler

Pokemon Master
scary theory but sadly it seems to make sense, no wounder they never talk about cubones skull in the anime

snare

DEATH STARE.
NO! Everyone knows that Chansey evolves into Kangaskhan and that Blissey was invented by the greedy CEO of Coca-Cola in order to manipulate the soft minds of the masses!

Blissey does not exist!

Dewgonger

Flurried Rains

~No Day But Today.
Nah, otherwise it'd be mentioned in the game. I also think the idea with the Charizard skull is much more feasible. On the topic of possible pre-evolutions, I think that Venonat should have stayed as Butterfree's pre-evolution. Caterpie and Metapod sux0rz.

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Interesting theory, but with loads of flaws.

Cubone's supposedly wears the skull of it's mother, but last time I checked, a Kangaskhan's head is not shaped anything like the skull all cubone's wear. And how does Cubone change the shape of the skull when it evolves into Marowak?

But I can see the body similarities.

Origin
It may be based on the aboriginal Australians who throw boomerangs to catch food.

Name origin
Cubone's name might be a combination of cute and bone, cub and bone, or cue ball (a reference to its pale white head) and bone. Karakara may be taken to mean からから, clattering. It is worth noting that karakara denotes lighter clattering than garagara.
Despite wearing the skull of its dead mother, Cubone can be bred in the games with no ill effects on its mother. This is likely for fairness, every time the player wanted to breed a Cubone, it would cost them its mother.

Heh, boomerang throwing Australians and kangaroos, it's just a coincidence...or is it >.> <.< >.>

And no, it's not because of fairness or anything like that, it's a kinds game for god's sake. To have the death of each cubone or marowak that births would also be a damn stupid and nearly useless mechanic to add. It's a GAME, since when did pokemon need to make sense? The origins of cubone still don't attribute to the overall understanding of it, and as such he will always remain shrouded in an enigmatic cloud of dread.

Cragsy

SPARTA!!
Did you read the first post?

The video says the colour change could be malnutrition. I however think adaptation is a better theory. Even though I doubt this is true. Its just a neat theory.
I watched the video. thats it. :(

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
No no no no no, how stupid can you get?

First of all, I know it's just a dumb little theory, don't throw stones at the mexican xO

So you take a Cubone sprite and mutilate it a little, and claim that malnutrition can cause mutation??? He said the baby Kangashkan was "seperated" from its mother, well if that's so then how did he get the skull? The mother had to have died, the baby stick around until the skull is completely cleaned out by predators, and later lesser organisms. The baby would have probably been eaten by the predators, died of starvation, or been killed by disease from the mothers rotting corpse by then =P. If that were the case, then we'd see a lot less Cubone in the cave next to the burial tower =P

Cubone ALONE doesn't make sense, making a theory of how it exists due to mutation caused by malnutrition is ludicrous.

It's still a cool theory though *o*

Pokemon is illogical guys! You think that this theory would apply to real life things. No! I think it is true, and what's with the negative comments? I see people on the youtube video going yes its true. And someone posted a comment saying. Illogical, look at what happens when you breed a kangaskan. Does the day care center dude go out with a gun and kill the kangaskan? Buddy, it think not! So it develops normally

.....what?

That's an odd theory.

That doesn't even make sense, considering what happens when you breed a Kangaskhan.

Its this dude

Killer_Squirtle

Follow my lead!
you have to admit, they do look similar. It's a possibility, but not very likely to ever really appear in the game or anime. Still though, its a great theory.

random guardian

Get your flame on!
Me being a strong thinker of how evolution works in the pokemon world, I thought of pokemon evolving by mutations not growth(and not just by stones) I came up with that idea with a littil imagination. so I dont see how this could not happen with a littil imagination.

P.S. Does the day care center dude go out with a gun and kill the cubone mother for a skull and bone? Buddy I think not! Brothers lets all embrace this wierd thread together.

Status
Not open for further replies.