• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Curbing The Crimson Tide!

On their way to the next town, Ash & Co. enter a town where a legend exists about The Red Inazuma, who is a person that can wear a cloak, talk and use Pokémon Attacks. However soon The Red Inazuma starts attacking innocent Pokémon and must be stopped. Can Ash & Co. stop it and find out what it really is?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

MaskedManAbsolkid

Looks good. People say its boring, but it seems to be one of those eps where it looks cool, and something REALLY intersting happens. Does anyone get the feeling that the red Inuzama looks like that cloaked thing from the original battle Frontier intro? You know, the thing everyone said was Mewtwo? What if that thing was the Red Inuzama? It looks like it's in the town where this eppy's set. I'm hoping for the Red Inuzama to be a new rival of sorts.

johnnyd2

UBER FLAMER!
just saw the episode pics, squirtle does indeed get PWND. Also, it seems that the red Inazuma himself is a [SPOIL]Scizor[/SPOIL]. Im suprised. I cant understand the rest of the plot (though the filler girl looks cute). The battles looked sweet, thoughts?

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
yes...the plot was hard to understand...confusing

but main problem was why the heck did the writer let May's Squirtle win to a SCIZOR!...

one of the great pokemon...that i liked before any Hoenn Pokemon were revealed

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Woah, hold the phone. What was that song playing during the Scizor vs. Squirtle battle? I've never heard that one before, and it totally caught me off guard. I suspect it was used during one of the original versions of the movies?
In any case, I do hope they use it more frequently. I quite enjoyed it and it would make a nice change from having them play Battle Frontier or Ready Go.
And just to note, kudos for playing the Lilycove theme during the pokéblock scene.

While I'm on the topic of music, this episode had some really strange sound effects going on. Such as the metallic sword slashing when Sceptile used Leaf Blade, or Scizor's swift. Personally, I think the way they're handling them is rather awkward. We have all these different sfx in one episode, then we go 15 or so without hearing them and then they're used once again? I wish they'd just make up their minds for once.

As for the episode itself, I didn't really enjoy it that much. Sceptile got a decent battle with some great moves, but apart from that and Squirtle having a Hyper Beam rain down on top of it, that was the only decent part.
I didn't give a Ratata's arse about random filler girl and her plight, nor did I honestly care less about the Red Lighting's endevours. Though I must admit, I was rather surprised that he turned out to be an actual Scizor. Truth be told, I really wasn't expecting that at all ^^;

Also, the rematch between Squirtle and Scizor was total bullshit. [img139]http://www.serebiiforums.com/images/icons/icon14.gif[/img139]

And just a quick note...look familliar?

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Eh, sort of. I mean, on one hand it gave us a decent fight, but on the other hand we've seen enough Scizor already. It would have been neat if it had been some guy with a grasp on advanced technology or something. Its not everyday you see a human going head to head with a pokémon afterall.
I think they wasted a hefty amount of potential and all, but it wasn't outright terrible. So I can't really complain I guess.

MaskedManAbsolkid

Gravy, you saying the town it was set in was similar or was the town where that happened (I think the dub name was Hop Hop Hop town, and the name of the name of the city was something like Komodo City, so if the other town's japanese name is similar, you could be right)?

pikachu146

I saw the pics.May's squritle defeated that scizor.But i still don't understand,why is that Scizor wearing armor?Or is this what that girl did?
Can't wait to see the episode guide.

PDL

disenchanted
doesn't the girl with the chansey that got beaten look familiar as well?

anyway, I was somewhat dissapointed that uber Squirtle's back again.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
PDL said:
anyway, I was somewhat dissapointed that uber Squirtle's back again.

yeah Yamato-san is gonna be ****** at that, Squirtle did get it's but kicked, but the goody two shoes writers just couldn't let it go, st least Sceptile got a good battle in, and i had no idea it could cling to glass like that. Sheesh the fight was reminding me of spiderman almost.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Pretty tough plot to get around really...some scenes were pretty good, mind you.

All the writers have to do now is explain Squirtle's purpose, because beating a Scizor...that's just stupid. If it exists just to humour other fans...that's also just stupid. I was willing to let the past Squirtle vs. Ariados mishap slide until this happened.

But hey, at least they're using past scenery. Whether that be for reference or just laziness, it was a good idea.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Squirtle beating Scizor? Hasn't that writer been sacked yet? But Scizor looks fantastic with that shiny body, and that made it so much cooler to look at. Sceptile looks amazing, but another appearance of Chansey and Phanpy, and the writing scribbles thing bothers me. But Poliwag and Gulpin reappear, in a rather sexy fashion. And may I point out that this is the second episode recently which has greatly cheapened Heracross!

Kabuto

little punks!
Thats the last straw. Beating Harley, I can care less because I don't care for him. But taking down one of the best pokemon is a disgrace to mankind. Why couldn't Sceptile win and Squirtle take a beating that it deserves?!

Squirtle_007

Hello Yamato - chan ... Haruka´s Squirtle rules!!!

The little turtle showing it´s awesome contest abilities in a battle was pretty cool, I hope it get to know Satoshi´s Squirtle soon

[IMG200]http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag166/350.jpg[/IMG200]

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think the animators are getting May's Squirtle mixed up with Ash's.

May's Squirtle is supossed to look like an infant, in that pic it looks just like Ash's Squirtle. :/

Furizaa

Eh, I couldn't tell much just by the episode pictures, but this was definantly an interesting episode... It still confuses the heck out of me how or why Scizor managed to write on the pokemon's faces... Nice battle between Sceptile and Scizor though. Can't say the same for Squirtle...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Squirtle_007 said:
Hello Yamato - chan ... Haruka´s Squirtle rules!!!
I don't know what's more detestable. Squirtle or you.
The little turtle showing it´s awesome contest abilities in a battle was pretty cool, I hope it get to know Satoshi´s Squirtle soon
More like show the fact it's the uber of the ubers.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Thats the last straw. Beating Harley, I can care less because I don't care for him. But taking down one of the best pokemon is a disgrace to mankind. Why couldn't Sceptile win and Squirtle take a beating that it deserves?!
because the writers were trying to prove that she just relied on that device for it to be strong and never actually trained it. A level 100 dunsparce can beat a level 5 mew anyday the same can happen with scizor too.

I think the animators are getting May's Squirtle mixed up with Ash's.

May's Squirtle is supossed to look like an infant, in that pic it looks just like Ash's Squirtle. :/
It never was an infant. It was starter level not what I'd consider an infant but it was young and a crybaby but since the saffron contest they havent been trying to portray it as really young. What was the point of squirtle battling scizor anyway. I liked sceptile's part of the battle. Squirtle I found was pointless in this episode. Also Sceptile used agility during the battle.

Last edited: