• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Yamato-san said:
That song was listed in the ending credits. It's titled "Watashi, Makenai! ~Haruka no Teema~" (I, won't lose! ~Haruka's Theme~).
Ahh, so its an original piece of music then? Very interesting indeed. I hope they decide to make more pieces like this in the future, instead of just relying on the opening/ending lyrics from time to time. It was a really nice touch.

Incidentaly Yamato, was there any indication as to who the singer was? I was listening to that particular scene earlier this morning, and it sounds somewhat like Kaori's voice. Would be awesome if it was her, as I've wanted to hear her singing voice for quite some time now.

KuwabaraTheMan

Thunder Trainer
Yamato-san said:
Kuwabara, in case you're unaware, that thing's going to appeal in the next episode, and it appealed in Gonbe's battle episode. It appealed in nearly every contest thus far, actually, and it's been shoved down out throats many a time, especially near the beginning of Battle Frontier. Did you ever stop to think maybe there's a reason it's been out of the picture lately? And yes, there're Pokemon plenty more deserving of glorification than it. In case you forgot, Gonbe lost its recent battle, and Wakashamo's nowhere near used enough for being Haruka's starter. Hell, even Eievui could've used a battle before its contest.

I'm very aware of that.

Appeal != fight. Yes, Gonbe lost, but it also got a win in the same episode, and Wakashamo just had two wins only 3 episodes ago. Has Zenigame even won since beating Harley?

I certainly do wish that Wakashamo got more screentime, but it doesn't get completely ignored, and Zenigame is the Pokemon of Haruka's that had gone the longest without a win(excluding Eievui who will get at least one and maybe two next week).

Although I wish Wakashamo was the one to face Hassamu, I'm willing to accept Zenigame being the one, especially since it had the earlier loss to redeem.

A

Ashi-chan

Gravy said:
Incidentaly Yamato, was there any indication as to who the singer was? I was listening to that particular scene earlier this morning, and it sounds somewhat like Kaori's voice. Would be awesome if it was her, as I've wanted to hear her singing voice for quite some time now.
I thought the same thing, and when the end credits came up I checked. It is indeed Kaori singing the song. I liked it. Very cool, and I like Haruka's singing voice. ^.^;;

~*Myuu the Ryuu*~

The epitome of grace
Geodude said:
All this Squirtle discussion is crowding out other things...like Ash & co scrambling into TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. This is the first time they've done anything like that.
i agree, that was funny. especially the pic about it you posted in the anime caption thread :p

one paticular moment was when ash was glaring angrily at james, who was hugging jesse around the waist XD!

Heracross

Custom User Title
Geodude said:
All this Squirtle discussion is crowding out other things...like Ash & co scrambling into TR's balloon and making them follow Scizor. This is the first time they've done anything like that.
One of the few things I was able to enjoy about this episode.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Geodude, I'm probably the one with the strongest opinion against Zenigame's treatment in this episode (and Haruka's Zenigame in general), yet I'm the one who brought up Rocket Dan's balloon in the first place. It should be a matter of people multi-tasking in their posts, really. In my first post alone, I brought up several things worth discussion, like how f***ed up the whole wind-riding thing was. Speaking of that post, I commented on Luna's unconcern for collateral damage, but I just remembered that, apparently, she owns the entire building, not just the mansion on top of it, so she'd only really be damaging her own window (but man, I can't help but ask what is up with most anime aristocrats. Not only are they capable of affording a mansion with acres of garden surrounding it in Tokyo, a city where land is friggin expensive, but they can also equip themselves with military technology ranging from missiles to spy satellites).

KuwabaraTheMan said:
I'm very aware of that.

Appeal != fight. Yes, Gonbe lost, but it also got a win in the same episode, and Wakashamo just had two wins only 3 episodes ago. Has Zenigame even won since beating Harley?

I certainly do wish that Wakashamo got more screentime, but it doesn't get completely ignored, and Zenigame is the Pokemon of Haruka's that had gone the longest without a win(excluding Eievui who will get at least one and maybe two next week).

Although I wish Wakashamo was the one to face Hassamu, I'm willing to accept Zenigame being the one, especially since it had the earlier loss to redeem.

Even if it never really participated in battles, it still got plenty of glorification after that cheap win against Harley. Aside from appearing in nearly every damn appeal, there was also that episode where it learned Rapid Spin. And why the hell would it need to redeem that loss? Given what I was saying earlier, it needed it after the way the writers were favoring it.

Last edited:

Squirtle_007

The Big Al said:
I don't know what's more detestable. Squirtle or you.

Please tell me, I won´t be able to sleep until I know it

Yamato-san said:
[shrugs] Meh. Here's hoping you end banned for user-bashing and/or enciting flame wars real soon.

Why do you get angry, Yamato-chan?, the flamboyant sissy uses "chan" to call his beloved Pokémon, you should be honored

Yamato-san said:
KuwabaraTheMan said:
I'm very aware of that.

Even if it never really participated in battles, it still got plenty of glorification after that cheap win against Harley. Aside from appearing in nearly every damn appeal, there was also that episode where it learned Rapid Spin. And why the hell would it need to redeem that loss? Given what I was saying earlier, it needed it after the way the writers were favoring it.

Do you still upset for Yamabuki Contest?, sheesh, the guy finally beat Haruka, get over it
The problem here is the fact that you want to EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THIS FORUM hate Haruka´s Squirtle just because you hate it, it´s like nobody would like it or say something good about it just because you have a 100 pages-speech about your bias against it and FORCIBLY wants to EVERYONE hate it.
Well, if you gonna put like this every time that Haruka´s Squirtle breaths then I´ll be rooting for Thursday´s episode to see you crying about Squirtle´s appeal

NoDot

Gone
Yamato-san said:
like how f***ed up the whole wind-riding thing was.
Actually, if my understanding is accurate, then that was actually a good example of the use of real physics.

My understanding is, because the buildings are so close together, even small gusts of wind are accellerated to high speeds. It's Urban Canyon weather. ;)

~Flareon~

This episode looks interesting. I just saw the episode pictures. A trainer called Hiroshi have a Poliwag challenges the Red Inuzama in a battle, it tries to use Water Gun but actually it attacks Poliwag with a Hyper Beam but after it leaves, Poliwag's face is covered with black marks, the same as the other trainers' Pokemon and May's Squirtle too. Ash and the others know that the Red Inuzama is actually a Scizor. Then Ash's Sceptile challenges Luna's Scizor in a battle at the buliding. Finally Sceptile defeats Scizor with a Leaf Blade. So as May's Squirtle challenges Scizor too. It also wins.

Last edited:

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Well this was an alright episode. The beginning was great though. Plus with the new opening it made it look really amazing but then died out later on.

Sceptile sure was cool when he was climbing the buildings. There was no Manene in this ep! :(

That's pretty much all I have to say for this episode.

Squirtle_007

Well, finally saw the episode and noted some relevant points for me:

*Finally, a city, it was some time since the last city episode, the gang always ended in an island, a village, a forest or a beach, even the Battle Facilities were apart from civilization
*Haruka giving Pokéblocks to her Pokémon was a point to her, a thing that a respectable co-ordinator has to do, it has been a long time since she used her Pokéblock case
*Did you noted the Ranma ½-style mega jump the characters did from Team Rocket´s balloon to the penthouse?
*Sceptile/Scizor battle was awesome, a show of how the envoriment use can be approached in a city too
*Luna should sell her device to Bill Gates, she could make a bigger fortune
*Squirtle/Scizor battle was sweet, Haruka using her co-ordinator skills in battle was great

skarmachild

Cheer up.
Geodude said:
Yeah I thought that was really odd. It never even came out for the motto.

I also noticed that, I was waiting for it to come out on the TR motto going "MANENE". -10 points for that episode. Ep wasn't too bad, but was still a bit boring, battle was nice, and May gets her own theme \o/

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Finally, a city, it was some time since the last city episode, the gang always ended in an island, a village, a forest or a beach, even the Battle Facilities were apart from civilization
Last episode was a city episode.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Oh ... right, my mistake, sorry, I missed that one
Yeah but I know what you meant anyway. I was actually really happy with the recent city episodes. Last episode reminded me of early johto/pikachu special. Although this episode had some pointless things in it there were some redeeming qualities.

V Faction said:
She could've learned from a Combusken Fire Spin instead, eh! Who's with me men!?

Count me in >_<

Just think about how bloody brilliant a Scizor/Combusken battle would be. Unlike Supah Squirtle, Combusken is naturally agile, and whether it went hand-to-hand(Breloom vs. Combusken owned all) or just sent flames reeling at Scizor, it would've looked a lot cooler and a lot more impressive. I see Geodude's point, but honestly, we've seen more than enough of the nuisance. Something wrong with Munchlax, Eevee, or Combusken? Plus, how on earth is Munchlax going to fulfill its role of advertisement if it's being upstaged by dear little Squirtle? =0

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion