• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curbing The Crimson Tide! (443)

Lishus13

Poli-Spriter!
Ok, this was definetly a rip of Celadon's mainframe structure. That is the same hedge maze as the one in "Hypno's Naptime" and the same lake and girl!

Why did the freaking Poliwag have to get beaten :( It would've whooped Red Lightning's *** if the writer's weren't so "the only cute pokemon that can win are May's do you hear me? MAYYYY!!! 0111001111"

May's Squirtle is starting to annoy the heck out of me. Between it's repititive contest appeals and that stupid stance, I just want to tear it's head off!

Anyway, good episode. Sure, whatever. Go take a look at the pokemon in the Center that were beaten and the pokemon before the contest in "What I Did For Love". Awful lot of pokemon that the main characters own.

R_N

And what was on its eye? A scope lens? And why were the winds in that town so strong? And who's voice was it that people thought was Scizor's? It sure wasn't that little girl. "Kay". They needed to explain more.

Yah, I figure it was one of those things built into the costume(the eye). And as for the voice, its called a VOICE CHANGER. I think it was just assumed.

I thought the ep was preatty good, although the roof top made me think of the Hypno ep.

Rashdan

[Insert Wacky Title]
This was a fairly good episode. It was awesome when Ash's Sceptile flew after Scizor XD

And yea, the city had many similarities with Celadon.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
This episode was okay. The part I liked best was the twerps climbing into Team Rocket's balloon so they could chase after Red Lightning ("What do we look like, a twerp taxi?"). LOL I saw the pictures for this episode how long ago and I didn't even remember it. Actually, the only thing I remembered at all from the pictures was the Grovyle/scizor fight, come to think of it. That fight was awesome from start to finish. The little rich girl was annoying, for sure. However, I did like Max dragging Brock away from Nurse Joy and telling him that his horse is double-parked. :D

Overall, 6/10.

Knight_Ram

This episdoe is pretty good! I liked that the little girls scizor was hers and she was only very young! But how could her scizor withstand so many hyperbeams and not get exhausted? Oh well, still a good battle with Sceptile leaf blade'n that scizor and saving it! Great episode 8/10.

Jorah

What do I put here?
This episode was okay. The part I liked best was the twerps climbing into Team Rocket's balloon so they could chase after Red Lightning ("What do we look like, a twerp taxi?")

That was my favourite part of the episode too. LOL at "What do we look like? A twerp taxi cab?" Quite a good episode for a filler.

misty'scorsola

Beginning Trainer
OK, that mansion has to be the same as the one from Hypno's naptime! There were so many references to that episode! And another thing, I didn't know Scizor couldn't fly, I'm sure I've seen it fly in the anime before without "being carried by the wind" (base-jumping with an updraft if you ask me). And my personal opinion: Red Lightning is the pokemon we see in the opening of the Advanced Battle series, not Mewtwo. Yes, his appearance was brief, but plenty of one-off characters have appeared in the opening credits - and let's be honest, the Advanced Battle opening credits are just a preview of the Battle Frontier Series anyway.

Rommath

▲_▲
It was an okay episode. The Scizor was strong and the 'twerp taxi' bit was funny. Alright for a filler.

The rich girl was strange though...

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Scizor was strong, i loved the battle vs Sceptile...

And it was strange to see the building from ep.27

8/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Was the show's narrator voicing the Scizor?

Anyway, more Filler. After the Battle Pike, that's mostly what we got. I liked that Scizor belonged to a rich kid though. They usually belong to expert trainers.

Glad we got to see Sceptile trying to fend off Scizor. This episode was satisfying in an odd way. 4/10

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
I found this a quite interesting episode, love it really. Scizor was pretty good as a red crimson (Although I always thought Scizors just flew and had nothing to do with air or am I mixing that up with Sceptile?) Red Lightening was pretty good name for it.
Although I think they might have overreacted, why can't Scizor/Luna go around battling everyone? Ash has done it with streaks, and drawing on the Pokemon is the least worst thing the Pokemon could do, snapping them like a twig with it's claws would be the worst

Last edited:
Wow, Max sure got shut up in this episode episode.

Brock: "Max, I don't really think she cares what you think!" <Buuuurrrrrn!

Although it wasn't long, I, like others have said, really liked the Scizor/Sceptile battle.

It was kind of funny for a bit when Scizor landed on the ice and it slipped. Clumsy Scizor! No offense to Scizor fans, though!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Nice episode... a battle with a Scizor is always exciting

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... Sceptile vs Scizor was a good battle. It was interesting to see Squirtle be able to deafeat that Scizor when it was disguised as Red Lightning. Sceptile was close to defying gravity when it was battling Scizor on the side of the buildings. It was disappointing to see that the disguise wasn't really a diguise per-say.

29/100

Vernikova

Champion
Meh. An okay episode. Scizor wasn't as terrifying as it was portrayed to be. After all, it's challenging ten-year-olds for "tough battles." XD