• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current AS Team (Possibly for competitive in the future?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AelesInnocen

Curious as to how good my team would be if I were to try competitive battle, I'd love some advice~

I rarely pay attention to EVs, so I won't really be including those. Aha. (Also I intend to swap out the HMs on my Pokes. xD)

Flygon w/ Shell Bell
Lax nature, Levitate ability
- Crunch
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Rock Smash

Absol w/ Absolite
Naive nature, Super Luck ability
- False Swipe
- Night Slash
- Shadow Claw
- Psycho Cut

Suicune
Calm nature, Pressure ability
- Aurora Beam
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Double Team

Blaziken w/ Blazikenite
Lax Nature, Blaze ability (Speed Boost for Mega)
- Double Kick
- Blaze Kick
- Flare Blitz
- Cut

Gardevoir w/ Rocky Helmet
Timid nature, Synchronize ability
- Magical Leaf
- Thunderbolt
- Draining Kiss
- Psychic

Latias w/ Latiasite
Hasty nature, Levitate ability
- Shadow Ball
- Dragon Breath
- Mist Ball
- Thunderbolt

If you need any more info, I can try to give it!! Thanks in advance~

SATB

Are you willing to change some of your pokemon's nature? With their current nature, it is very hard to make them competitive.

Also some competitive players may whine about your blaziken. Blazikenite or a speed boost blaziken is banned in standard competitive play. Your current blaziken isn't ban-worthy, but with the proper advice, it can be. I wouldn't complain, but it definitely can be a bit overpowered.

AelesInnocen

Are you willing to change some of your pokemon's nature? With their current nature, it is very hard to make them competitive.

Also some competitive players may whine about your blaziken. Blazikenite or a speed boost blaziken is banned in standard competitive play. Your current blaziken isn't ban-worthy, but with the proper advice, it can be. I wouldn't complain, but it definitely can be a bit overpowered.

I may be able to change a few of the natures and such, if you know what the best ones for some of them would be.

As for the Blaziken, the fact it's banned makes quite a bit of sense with the ability and all, I'll probably take the Blazikenite off since I mostly use my Absol's Mega anyway. Anything else?

SATB

Curious as to how good my team would be if I were to try competitive battle, I'd love some advice~

I rarely pay attention to EVs, so I won't really be including those. Aha. (Also I intend to swap out the HMs on my Pokes. xD)

Flygon w/ Choice Scarf
Adamant nature, Levitate ability
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- U-turn

Flygon has a higher attack stat than special attack so stick to physical moves for the most part. Jolly nature is another idea, crunch could be swapped for defog and dragon claw could be swapped for outrage

Absol w/ Absolite
Jolly nature, Super Luck ability
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough

When running all physical moves its a good idea to run a nature that reduces special attack since you aren't using it. Night Slash is a cool sounding move, sadly knock off and sucker punch have much more uses and power than Night slash. Shadow claw offers redundant and weaker coverage than night slash. I see what you are doing with psycho cut, but play rough is stronger and not only does it hit fighting types supereffectively, it also hits dragons and darks.

Suicune w/ leftovers
Bold nature, Pressure ability
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Your suicune had no STAB moves. STAB means same type attack boost. So all of suicune's water moves deal 50% more damage. Take advantage of that. Also double team is banned, you will cause rage (lol) to many people, including me. Rest keeps you healthy and calm mind makes you more threatening. Other ideas are a more offensive calm mind variant using moves such as substitute, hydro pump, or ice beam.

Blaziken w/ Life Orb
NaughtyNature, Blaze ability
- High Jump Kick
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Punch
- Agility

I dunno a good set for Blaze Blaziken, but according to its stats, it looks like a mixed attacker to me. Agility can be replaced for Poison Jab if you feel that fire blast isn't hitting fairies hard enough.

Gardevoir w/ Choice Specs
Timid nature, Synchronize ability
- Moon Blast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
-Trick

I also don't know about normal Gardevoirs, but with a choice specs equipped, it can hit pretty hard. Trick will mess up defensive pokemon.

Latias w/ Latiasite
Timid nature, Levitate ability
- Thunder Wave
- Roar or Reflect Type
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse

If you aren't running any physical moves it is ideal to run a nature that lowers attack since you won't be using it. Your Latias can do a good job at spreading paralysis throughout the enemy team. Blaziken and Gardevoir will appreciate that. All out attacking Latias is generally a downgraded version of latios so support routes are the way to go.

So my comments are in bold. Try consider pokemon that work well together. By that I mean pokemon that cover each other's weaknesses and have different roles (your gardevoir and latias was doing the same thing). Also having more than one mega stone is no bueno. Currently you have nothing resistant to Fairy, and Normal. This will give pokemon such as MAltaria and MLoppuny a field day. If anything confuses you or if you want some EV spreads please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.