• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current BF Team

wiiman

Stuff.
This team was made to accomodate the weakenesses of my beloved DD Tyranitar. I'm not sure exactly what to do, as I just got back into pokemon recently, but here's what I'm thinking of now. All of this is subject to change if you give me reason to do so. These movesets were basically copied off of the PotW section. Please help me:

;248;
Tyranitar @leftovers
Jolly nature
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Rest

;350;
Milotic @leftovers
Bold nature
EVs: 84 HP, 252 Defense, 12 Speed, 106 Special Attack, 56 Special Defense
^^^No idea why those should be what they are...
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

;65;
Alakazam @leftovers
Timid nature
EVs: 200 HP, 252 Speed, 58 Special Defense
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch

Please fix this team. I need help, and I know it.

Tazzler

wiiman said:
This team was made to accomodate the weakenesses of my beloved DD Tyranitar. I'm not sure exactly what to do, as I just got back into pokemon recently, but here's what I'm thinking of now. All of this is subject to change if you give me reason to do so. These movesets were basically copied off of the PotW section. Please help me:

;248;
Tyranitar @leftovers
Jolly nature
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Attack, 252 Speed
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Rockslide
-Taunt/Thunder Wave/Filler
Adamant would be better imo. 210(STAT) speed, at least 370 attack, give it some defens esinc eits your "physcial wall" in a way.
;350;
Milotic @leftovers
Bold nature
212 Hp/252 Defense/Rest in Sattk-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Hypnosis
-Recover

;65;
Alakazam @leftovers
Timid nature
EVs: 363 Speed/Max Sattk/Rest in HP IMO-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Fire Punch
-Thunder Punch/Recover/Encore/Ice Punch

Please fix this team. I need help, and I know it.
Pretty good.

wiiman

Stuff.
Sadly, I've already raised Tyranitar to level 85 and maxed his EVs. Isn't it possible to remove some via a berry or something?

Also... I am sure you cannot have 363 speed EVs. Other than that, thanks for the help a lot. I appreciate it.

Nightcat

I happen to know that when Tazzler says that, he means the stats, not the EVs.
But yeah, pretty good team.

~nightcat ;197;

wiiman

Stuff.
Really? It's a good team!? Ok, I'll try to work on those guys then!

Crypted Wolf

Yeah good team but go with ST Milotic.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
in emerald only, berries 21-26 lower EVs, by 10 each. what is the current level and stats of your tyranitar? given that information, we can figure out what your IVs are, and therefore how many EVs you need in speed to be faster than everything after 2 DDs.

also, tazzler, doesn't it only need 198 speed to be faster than timid jolt after 2 DDs?

Tazzler

212 speed (Stat) should be used imo.

wiiman

Stuff.
OK!
Here goes:
Tyranitar, Jolly Nature
Level 85
290 HP
310 Attack
199 Defense
162 Special Attack
196 Special Defense
204 Speed

I tried to get really good IVs in all stats, but I'm afraid that defense didn't go as well as I had hoped :(

Crypted Wolf

Do you have perfece IVs in attack?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
your speed IV is either 28 or 29. assuming the worst (28), you need 152 EVs to get to 212 speed at level 100, as tazzler suggests.

so, feed your tyranitar 10 tamato berries (i think that's the one. berry #26), and then put the rest of the EVs into something else. just remember that you've got 100 EVs to use up. i might put it in SDef, personally, because it has fewer special weaknesses. but then again, you've got a milotic on your team, and T-Tar is a normal resist. maybe just dump it into HP?

for the record, your IVs: 29/28/9/(16-18)/25/(28-29)

HP/Atk/Def/SAtk/SDef/Spd

Last edited:

RoboRaph

You can't have 3 Leftovers when using the team for the BF, so you might as well give Tyranitar a Chesto Berry since it has Rest. Also Milotic can keep its Lefties and Alakazam could have a Lum Berry or Shell Bell.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
zam can't take repeated hits. give it brightpowder, or a lum berry. milo gets the lefties, and TTar gets a chesto if he has rest. otherwise, maybe a shell bell?

wiiman

Stuff.
K, sounds good. I knew about the item clause, but I hand no idea what to use...
Thanks for all the help and tips. I'll start working on my party immediately. Milotic will be last since he's soooooo hard to get.

Also, I just got an adamant metang, and I'm thinking of raising him and switching him out to use instead of tyranitar every once and a while.

Thanks again! ... One last thing: Where exactly can I get that berry?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
save before talking to the berry master and his wife (on route 118) and kiri (sootopolis city). i think they can both give you the EV berries. once you get a few, plant them and water them every time they change stage.

http://www.serebii.net/berrydex/berrydex.php?id=26

water every 6 hours, pick one day later for best growing.

Kikas123

What 'bout My Star?
Also, Another good thing to do is give Alakazam is either the move Toxic (works for me) and also as Tazzer said, Recover, cheapest thing for Alakazam to have.

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
zam doesn't have the defenses/HP to toxistall, and when you take >50% from pretty much every attack, there's not much point in recover.

Snap Dragon

Recover should be saved for Pokemon that can use it properly.

Alakazam - Modest

-Psychic
-Ice Punch
-Thunderpunch
-Fire Punch