• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current BF Team

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
i was carrying on your example of starmie, F_M. if 'zam's at low health after 1 CM, and uses recover, the starmie uses surf and kazam ends up only 6-24 HP ahead of where it was. it's not far enough ahead that using CM again would be safe.

and that's assuming you can get a CM off before getting hit, and you have flawless HP/SDef. in-game, it's far more likely that you have about 15-20 IVs in those stats, since they're not entirely essential, in which case surf is still a 2HKO, even after a CM.

EDIT: all the pokes you mention are bulky waters, not sweepers. and suicune would CM up as well.

so, ok. CMing up against special-type tanks can work. against physical tanks, or pretty much anything else, no. Dusclops, for example, OHKOs with shadow ball.

Last edited:

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
bad idea. definitely use at least Calm Mind.

wiiman

Stuff.
Uhhh ok, I'll use
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunderpunch
Fire Punch

Also, I'm trying to do the tamato berry thing, and I'm wondering, is it 6 hours or real time waiting or 6 hours of play time?

WhiteWizard42

Master Breeder
use ice/thunder for the pseudo-boltbeam.

and it's 6 hours real time.

wiiman

Stuff.
Listen, I'm doing these punches for weaknesses.
Tyranitar= weak to steel,weak to water
Milotic=weak to grass

grass and steel= fire, water=electric

Milotic will already know ice beam.
What's soooo good about boltbeam anyway?

Nightcat

The only things that resist it are Magneton, Lanturn, and Shedinja.
Not to mention that alone those moves are some of the best ones out there. :rolleyes:

~nightcat ;197;

wiiman

Stuff.
I caught a meditite, evolved it...
and it didn't learn any of the punches :(

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Tazzler

You have to use a heart scale to make it re-learn it as medicham learns it at level 1. Heart scales can be found on wild luvdsic, pressing "a" while diving, or in a rock near Mauville and the move tutor is in Fallabor Town.

S

Shiny Catcher

If you want you could use boah set for T-tar

Tyranitar@Lefties
Brave Nature
-Sub
-Focus Punch
-Crunch
-Thunderbolt

I think thats it.

Tazzler

Fighting_Master said:
Why? You tried it?
Just you gave absolutely no reasoning.

Who? Unforgiving Suicide?

It is worthless ingame becasue it was designed to counter SkarmBliss as well as beat stall teams which are rare ingame as far as I know and soem requirements are hard to get.

wiiman

Stuff.
Ok guys, I've been working on my Alakazam, done EV training... I'm still unsure about the final moves to teach it.
Right now it's level 22, and it has:
-Psybeam
-Fire Punch
-Ice Punch
-Thunder Punch