• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current Events! (201)

Blessed

A very good and touching episode, it's nice to see Ash & Bayleef get some alone time without Pikachu. Jigglypuff & TR had me laughing out of my seat. I thought it was hilarious how Jigglypuff kept getting its microphone taken away. When TR's pokemon started attacking Ash, I got goosebumps at seeing Chikorita cry. I thought it was the sweetest thing how Chikorita evolved solely to help Ash when he was in trouble. I love Bayleef, a true hero!

zhixun

Chicorita surely loves Satoshi and finally she got some focus she deserved. But the worst thing is that Bayleaf is not fully used in my opinion.

You'd think Jigglypuff would realize by now what's going to happen when it sings out loud.
Even before it happened, I had a feeling Chikorita was going to evolve. Awesome that it did though. :)

Ash's Bayleef's voice is much cuter compared to Casey's Bayleef's, to be honest.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I liked the setting of this episode; Ash and Team Rocket roaming around a power plant was just fun to watch. Those Magnemite and Magneton guarding the power plant irked me though given how violent they were, but at least Jigglypuff got to do something useful by making them sleep, although how they could hear is a mystery to me.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I liked the part where Chikorita evolved into Bayleef to protect Ash from Team Rocket.Seeing her care for him was really touching.Apart from that,a meh episode.
6/10

JudySpell

Banned
I liked the crazy Electric Pokemon scenes and Chikorita evolving into Bayleef. I was also glad that Ash and Chikorita got to bond in general.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well I liked the power plant setting especially the chase scenes showing the electric pokemon attacking hee hee. Chikorita evolving was the highlight for me cuz as a Bayleef fan I had been waiting for that. ^^

My favorite moment from the episode was when Chikorita evolved + how Jigglypuff got a bigger role in this episode than in most Johto ones. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, I think it's great that Chikorita evolved into Bayleef in this episode. Even though things didn't go so great with her in the next episode, she did prove to be quite the fighter in the long run. She was great here too, fighting off all the Electric Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I chuckled when Nyasu's nail got bent when he picked the lock, although his craftiness paid off this time. I also enjoyed seeing Purin again, especially when Kojirou took away her microphone. The Coil chase shenanigans were humorous as well, and Chikoriita evolving to free herself from the cage was magnificent.

Vipsoccermaster

I chuckled when Nyasu's nail got bent when he picked the lock, although his craftiness paid off this time. I also enjoyed seeing Purin again, especially when Kojirou took away her microphone. The Coil chase shenanigans were humorous as well, and Chikoriita evolving to free herself from the cage was magnificent.
I agree on all points here. Even though the episode overall may seem like a filler, but Chikorita evolving into Bayleef saved the episode overall. Cute that Chikorita really adored Ash so much that it had to evolved so she can break out and save her trainer from any further attacks from Team Rocket.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Chikoriita's evolution here made me notice just how spoiled she still was. She seemed excessively vain and proud, which is odd given that she supposedly got over that earlier in the Jouto saga.

Daizy

I call you honey
The episode spends most of its time focusing on Ash and his Chikorita and their relationship. That's kinda all there is to this episode and it works I guess even if I still hate Bayleef.

I was never a huge Bayleef fan so I wasn't ready to see Ash's cute little Chikorita evolve into that thing yet but it happened and I had to live with that. I liked seeing a power plant setting and Electabuzz are rare on this show, so it was good seeing one as well. As a Jigglypuff fan I was happy that she got to do something here as well even if it was more of the same.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
It is not the first time that Ash got attacked/hurt by a snake pokémon that Jessie owned in the entire series.

If you're referring to Arbok, when was the last time that Satoshi had been personally attacked by it or its pre-evolved form prior to this episode?