• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current Mentors and Graduates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathfinder

No Angel
http://i48.*******.com/67p7c3.jpg

Displayed in this topic are all of the current mentors along with all the info you need to know about them.

**Mentors are free to choose who their students are, and how many.

Forum Name: Big Beluga
Time Zone: GMT-5
When are you available?: I'm usually available at random times, so I'll just make arrangements when needed. Usually though I'm on from 3 PM - 6 PM on weekdays.
Brief Bio: Hey, I'm Beluga, aka Shane or fatty. I'm probably the least experienced out of the tutors here, as I have only been playing competitively for about a year, but what I lack in experience I guess you could say I make up for in learning ability? I picked up the game pretty fast and have been enjoying it thoroughly. Like most here, I started off in the OU tier, battling here on Serebii. I then started to widen my skills by moving to Regileague and Smogon, among other sites. Eventually the work payed off enough to where I've gotten fairly good at many tiers, from LC to Ubers, as well as becoming E4 here at Serebii.
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: Yes

Forum Name: Gamefreak
Timezone: US Eastern Time GMT -5
When are you available?: My schedule is usually pretty open, but on weekdays probably around 2:30 PM to 8:30 PM, and on weekends pretty much anytime.
Brief Bio: Hello, you can call me LizardMan or Gamefreak. I have been playing competitive pokemon for almost two years. I like video games, karate, friends, medical school, anime, music, etc etc. If you are curious on what I have accomplished, I can tell you that. I peaked #20 CRE on the Smogon Shoddy ladder before in 4th gen OU, managed to get suspect test voting rights on gen 5, I am the Official Serebii League Champion, and won tournaments on sites other than Smogon. My strengths in team building are working on Offensive teams, such as Bulky Offense, Heavy Offense, Offense, Rain Dance, among others. I believe I am good at balanced teams, for anyone who isn't very adventurous although my style is very aggresive. Stall really my thing, and Offense is my strength. I can point you in the right direction for Stall, but I am not the best person tutor to ask for if you want to be a Stall player. I can teach people the playstyles, how to force a switch/the usage of lures and unpredictable yet viable sets, how to effectively lead a team, how to use resistences instead of walls when using offense, how to minimize prediction, the usage of entry hazards, team synergy, how to EV train, IV breed effectively + more. I can help someone be more adept at prediction, although that is something that is usually learnt on their own. I also trade on Smogon quite regularly, so if one of my students needs help building a team for wifi, and need spare pokemon, I can help them with that too by trading them some fully redistributable pokemon. I am patient, and if you have any questions about what else I can do for you, feel free to ask. I will only take 1-2 students at a time because I feel I want to be as thorough as possible. Who knows? You may learn something about yourself, and your particular playstyle. Self discovery is huge when trying to become good in pokemon, as everyone has a preferred playstyle, or habits they usually like to do while playing pokemon. Once you discover the kind of teams you life, you can work from there and master it.
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?:Of course.

Forum Name: assassinsceptile
When are you available?: Weekdays 3-7 pm Weekend varies
Brief Bio: Hi, I'm Doc . I specialize in using weird pokes in OU and somehow making them work, don't ask me how I just can for some reason. Trick Room is pretty cool when I use it apparently so I guess if you want to learn how to use that I'm your guy. I also am good at Offensive team types, but not Hyper Offense that's for people who are terrible at this game. So basically if you're looking to beat people with style I would be a good tutor for you.

Forum Name: ONM's_SkyNet18
Time Zone: GMT
When are you available?: 6-9pm Monday-Firday, Weekend vary
Brief Bio: Hey SkyNet here, just call me Steve. I've been playing Pokemon competitively since Jan '08 on a small pokemon forum called ONM (Fun fact; I typo'd my username c: )

Later I moved over to Serebii and started to harness my skills as a battler, I can teach many styles of play ranging from Hyper Offence to Stall while I feel more comfortable teaching Balance, as I feel its key having a solid defensive core while being able to keep your opponent on their toes with smart double switches.

I have a few other achievements on other forums while it doesn't mean too much, I'm a Suspect voter for both BW LC and ADV (Gen 3) on Smogon. I've peaked at #1 on Smogon's PO server for BW LC, #2 for ADV and #10 for BW OU with a rating of (1449).

5th Gen Little Cup is a tier very close to my heart and I feel like its my best tier, if you have ever wanted to learn a new metagame but didn't know where to start I could be the right tutor for you
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: Yeah

Forum Name: AppleButter2
Time Zone: GMT -5
When are you available?: Weekends mostly, but I am free on weekdays after school occasionally.
Brief Bio: I have been playing competitive pokemon since July 2009, since then I have learned many different playstyles to from offense to stall. I am very flexible and can take any type of student, even if you are learning the basics, or if you have a certain skill that you want to master.
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: yeah mang.

Forum Name: d0nut
Time Zone: -6 GMT
When are you available?: Going by my time, between 3pm and 12pm would be ideal on Monday-Friday, though I'm available just about anytime during the weekend. There are obviously exceptions at certain times too if anything is going on.
Brief Bio: I'm a high school student with a whole lot of spare time to devote to gaming. I've been playing competitive pokes since shortly after the release of DP, so I've been at it for a few years. I actively played throughout the 4th gen, and have been playing BW since its release so I could give pointers on whichever gen.

Forum Name: epic_eevee
Time Zone: PST (GMT -8)
When are you available?: 7 - 9 PM my time.
Brief Bio: I'm da best (nah, I'll right up a longer bio asap, just wanted to get this in)
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?:yes

Forum Name: JLance
Time Zone: GMT-6
When are you available?: Mon-Fri 6:15pm-10:00pm, Saturday all day, Sunday noon-10:00pm
Brief Bio: Entered the competive pokemon ring in gen 4 and been battling ever since. I may not be the best around, but I can hold my own against them. I saw Serebii had a new generation of eager battlers and I've come to help them get better, make friends, and have a good time. Top 20 Smogon OU, got 1st on Po's once last year, almost their with my 5th gen team.
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: Of course.

Forum Name: Blue Harvest
Time Zone: US East, whichever one that is
When are you available?: I work 12 to 10:45 PM most days. I'm off on Monday / Wednesday though my free time then can vary.
Brief Bio: I'm Blue Harvest, a Serebii competitive rate my team mod. I've been number one in Smogon Ubers and OU for 4th gen and been in the top 5 of every major 5th gen Pokemon Online tier. I can teach most team styles comfortably and I can give extra help on the subject of team rating and team building. I generally play bulky offense but sometimes switch to stall or full offense. I specialize in creating original, viable sets for high level play and in EV spreads both of which I'll be happy to teach ^_^.

Forum Name: mreddozook
Time Zone: GMT+0
When are you available?: 4pm-7:30 pm weekdays, All day weekends
Brief Bio: Hi I am mreddozook or Plusle. Im a British High School student. I have peaked top 7 for OU and 1st for Ubers. I can teach my student anything from basics like EV's to offense and balance teams
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: Yes.

Forum Name: Regarde
When are you available?: whenever
Brief Bio: 15 year old male from North Carolina specializing in competitive pokemon. I've been playing for a couple years now and i'm pretty good at it, and there's a lot of people here who could benefit from my knowledge.

Forum Name: Cometk
Time Zone: California, -8
When are you available?: I’m available on weekends or sometimes after school (although that ends soon). I’ll be pretty active during summer. You can find me pretty often at the OSL xat, too.
Brief Bio: Hi, I’m Cometk, or Casanova or Nova Flare (I jump around a lot between that theme). I’m even less experienced than Big Beluga since I’ve only been playing competitively for about eight~nine months. Despite that, I’ve made quite a few achievements in my time. I’ve topped the BW OU ladder in the best 50 on both Beta Server and Smogon. I also reached the top five multiple times in DPP UU back when Shoddy Battle was popular. I can teach a whole range of things, from prediction to entry hazard usage to risk management, I’m pretty good all-around between stall, offense, and balanced, and I can teach sand, rain, and hail, and even a bit on sun. If you need help with team-building, I’m pretty good at that too, and love building collaborative teams!
Do you have access to Pokemon Online?: Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.