• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Current super singles team

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
This is my subway singles team. It has evolved over the past few months and I think it's at its peak right now. It started out with an Emboar and a Rotom-W and has since turned into this:

Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Modest, Levitate
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
-U-Turn
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
I start off with this guy. He usually 1hkos anything with average sp. defence and a weakness due to his expert belt. I prefer Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse because it has more power and I can always u-turn out of there. I try to keep him alive for later in case I need more sp.attack, I usually do.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
236Hp/200Def/72Spe (also shiny flawless :3)
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Protect
I love poison heal because you can't get hit with status :3 The set itself is pretty self-explanatory; SD once or twice before attacking and stalling with protect for hp. I'm thinking that something else might be better than Ice Fang, though.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Jolly, Skill Link
4Hp/242Atk/10Def/252Spe
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell
I save this guy for last in case of something with either high attack or speed. He proves useful when I use him, but I usually don't need to use him. Would Hydro Pump be better than Razor shell? I can usually bring out Hydreigon if I run into something with high defense.

Other Stuff:
-I really want criticism.
-I don't mind replacing Cloyster if it's a good idea.
-I am currently in a 14-win streak woth these guys which will hopefully keep climbing
-I cannot edit posts on my 3ds so look further down for newer, revised sets.
-If anyone wants to give me free leftovers or a water stone for completely unrelated reasons, don't be shy :p

chap196

For Hydreigon
Surf instead of U-Turn for more coverage and Hydreigon doesn't have that less Defense to use U-Turn, also Hydreigon doesn't have a combo with U-Turn. Even you use Draco Meteor, but you can always switch your Pokemon by using the Switching Pokemon Button. Life Orb, Choice Specs or Choice Scraf instead of Expert Belt because Hydreigon can Super Effective not much Pokemon and Life Orb give more Special Attack or Choice Specs for even more Special Attack if you don't mind about using one move all the time until you switch your Pokemon,or Choice Scraf for more Speed.
Hope this help

Actually if coverage is what you're looking for then you'll want Focus Blast. Accuracy is a tad shaky, but it'll hit most of the time
I do agree with the Life Orb though, as it'll give you more power on any and all moves, regardless of effectiveness, and still maintain your versatility.
And honestly I would use Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor unless you want to start using him as a revenge killer. Dragon Pulse is more sustainable and you'll probably find yourself using dragon moves more often to get neutral coverage

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Update: I think I'm gonna keep U-turn... I know Focus Blast has its bonuses, but Hydreigon really needs an escape plan :p

Hydreigon @ Life Orb (once I get one, expert belt atm)
Modest, Levitate
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
-U-Turn
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
I start off with this guy. He usually 1hkos anything with average sp. defence and a weakness due to his expert belt. I prefer Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse because it has more power and I can always u-turn out of there. I try to keep him alive for later in case I need more sp.attack, I usually do.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Protect
I love poison heal because you can't get hit with status :3 The set itself is pretty self-explanatory; SD once or twice before attacking and stalling with protect for hp. I'm thinking that something else might be better than Ice Fang, though.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Jolly, Skill Link
4Hp/242Atk/10Def/252Spe
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell
I save this guy for last in case of something with either high attack or speed. He proves useful when I use him, but I usually don't need to use him. Would Hydro Pump be better than Razor shell? I can usually bring out Hydreigon if I run into something with high defense.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
No modest on Hydreigon if you want to U-turn.
Naughty or something would work, but don't reduce attack if you're going to use it.

and White Herb isn't really needed on Cloyster. It will use Shell Smash the turn before as the last move, then speed up and KO the opponent before they get to do anything.
Razor Shell will do if you're going to use Jolly.
Put Shell Bell on Cloyster instead. If it works the way I think, it will be TERRIFYING

chap196

Hydreigon doesn't have only U-Turn to escape, you can just switch your Pokemon or you can just switch Pokemon in in-game after you defeat one of your opponent Pokemon. U-Turn doesn't give much coverage and Focus Blast or Surf give more coverage than U-Turn.
Yeah we don't need White Herb on Cloyster, you can use Focus Sash instead for more chance to let Cloyster use Shell Smash.
Hope this help

Andrew Lima

Breeding Expert
As people have said before, you'll probably want to replace the Expert Belt with a Life Orb on Hydregion. Expert Belt is best left for competitive matches so you can bluff a Choice Specs but it's not effective in normal Subway play. Also whatever you do, do NOT go for a Naughty nature. If you do end up keeping U-Turn, keep it Modest/Timid. U-turn is for scouting/getting the hell out of there, not for doing damage.

The Gliscor set is fine, keep as is.

Depending what you feel like is more important, you can keep the White Herb or run a Lum Berry on it. White Herb is so you can sponge those priority attacks like Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, etc while Lum Berry is for setting up on bulkier opponents that will try to status you. If you're feeling risky, you could also run a King's Rock on it since it'll give Icicle Spear and Rock Blast a 41% flinch rate, which is alright.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Hydreigon doesn't have only U-Turn to escape, you can just switch your Pokemon or you can just switch Pokemon in in-game after you defeat one of your opponent Pokemon.

HOW. DID. I. MISS. THAT? Thanks xd

Update: Focust Blast over U-Turn, giving Cloyster Focus Sash. Thanks for the criticism guys. Oh, and I broke my streak at 18 :(

Hydreigon @ Life Orb (once I get one, expert belt atm)
Modest, Levitate
4Hp/252SpA/252Spe
-Focus Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Flamethrower
I start off with this guy. He usually 1hkos anything with average sp. defence and a weakness due to his expert belt. I prefer Draco Meteor over Dragon Pulse because it has more power and I can always shift out of there. I try to keep him alive for later in case I need more sp.attack offense, I usually do.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
-Swords Dance
-EQ
-Ice Fang
-Protect

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Jolly, Skill Link
4Hp/242Atk/10Def/252Spe
-Shell Smash
-Icicle Spear
-Rock Blast
-Razor Shell
I save this guy for last in case of something with either high attack or speed. He proves useful when I use him, but I usually don't need to use him. Would Hydro Pump be better than Razor shell? I can usually bring out Hydreigon if I run into something with high defense.[/QUOTE]