• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Currently at Lysandre Cafe

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
So, I'm mostly playing with favorites. I've been trying to get my team to have some strategy, and I've been playing around a bit.

Lv 51 Blaziken @ Amulet Coin
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk / ??? (high) Speed / And misc in other stats by my own idiocy
- Double Kick
- Brave Bird
- Bulk Up
- Blaze Kick

Lv 51 Palpatine the Malamar @ Wide Lens
Contrary
Bold
252 Atk / Some in Speed and Sp Atk (my own blunder early game again) / 150 HP
- Super Power
- Night Slash
- Hypnosis
- Psycho Cut

Lv 51 Joan Rivers the Azumarill @ Leftovers
Huge Power
Adamant
252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Sp Def
- Play Rough (was previously Aqua Ring)
- Super Power
- Aqua Jet
- Bellydrum

Lv 50 TueurDesFees (accented on first e in Fees) the Shiny Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Poison Touch
Quiet
252 Sp Atk / 252 Sp Def / 4 HP
- Toxic
- Double Team
- Sludge Bomb
- Water Pulse

Chain Fishing Shiny, but first ever shiny I encountered and caught. It was a very special moment for me. So, he holds a special place in my heart. If only I could just have him with his HA

Lv 51 Gumi the Goodra @ Damp Rock
Hydration
Hasty
Not bothered EV training her, maybe I'll use a reset bag and begin training her
- Dragon Pulse
- Rain Dance
- Muddy Water
- Aqua Tail

She's to be renamed Megpoid, which is another name for the Vocaloid, Gumi. She happens to be my favorite Vocaloid.
No idea if her IVs are good, but my plan is to get a HA Goomi/Sliggoo, breed it with her, and get a nice Goomi to raise for competitive. I remember her HA being good. In general, her nature is passable, and her move set needs changing. She's likely to replace Dragalge, as she can learn sludge bomb, or sludge wave. I think a Goodra would be interesting to use for a rain dance team though, especially with Azumarill, getting benefit with Aqua Jet if I remember right.

Lv 51 Lancelot the Chesnaught @ Big Root
Overgrow
Quirky
Will Reset Bag him, since his EVs aren't in nice places.
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Rollout

His moveset will be changed. I was able to get a bulletproof female chespin over GTS. I think I'll breed the two to get a good Nature and IV Chespin, and then proceed to raise for Competitive.

Potential changes, are breeding mareeps to make a nice Ampharos.
I was thinking maybe Aromatisse, Tyranitar, or another pokemon to fill in any potential changes.
I'm open to criticism, just please don't be harsh.
I've gotten good use out of Palpatine and Joan Rivers, to be completely honest, in the link battles I've done. Blaziken is nice, but can be improved upon.
Many of the items are for in game, not metagame.
Lancelot, Joan Rivers, and Palpatine are all pretty much pokemon I am not planning on replacing at any time.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
hopefully that Malamar is actually Adamant or at least Impish, not Bold.

Surf instead of Water Pulse on Dragalge. Only MegaBlastoise and Clawitzer can run Water Pulse instead of Surf, due to having Mega Launcher.

Goodra
Mild/Lonely/Hasty Nature, Sap Sipper/Gooey ability
~Earthquake
~Dragon Pulse
~Muddy Water
~Power Whip/Flamethrower

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
Goodra is really more of a defensive Pokemon so Hasty nature is not desirable for it. 80 Speed is below average for it to be beneficial to raise its Speed with a nature. You'd get more benefit by having a nature that ups either its Special Defense or Special Attack. If you want to use your current one, I'd suggest changing Aqua Tail to Rest because then you can abuse Hydration.

The other option is holding an Assault Vest to raise its Special Defense. You would then put on four damaging moves. Generally they would be special attacks for the coverage they provide.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Thanks~!
Love you guys
I'll keep my eyes out for when I pick up an assault vest (I honestly am an item hunter in game, it is my favorite part of new routes, other than the routes themselves)

KillerDraco

Thanks~!
Love you guys
I'll keep my eyes out for when I pick up an assault vest (I honestly am an item hunter in game, it is my favorite part of new routes, other than the routes themselves)

Assault Vest is a post-Elite Four item, as it's a prize from the Battle Maison. It's also overrated on Goodra, especially in-game, given its already got a titanic special defense stat.

Blaziken @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Adamant Nature
Speed Boost
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
-Flare Blitz
-Hi Jump Kick
-Rock Slide
-Swords Dance

This is your bread-and-butter Blaziken. Swords Dance to boost, and when you're at +2 Atk and +1 Spe, nothing will stand in your way. The STABs are obvious being the strongest moves available to Blaziken. Rock Slide will hit things that resist both of your STABs, namely Dragon/Flying and Fire/Flying.

I have an incredible aversion to Belly Drum. The move is effectively useless in-game, given you'll already obliterate most anything in-game, and you're paying half of your HP to get a marginal improvement (especially given how most trainers, including stronger trainers, carry so few Pokemon anyway). Against other players, it's marginally more useful but still an awful risk. It's basically an "all or nothing" option given you jeopardize yourself by paying half of your HP outright. I'd replace it with Substitute, which is not quite so damning, but also shields you from status.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
Holy crap just re-read and abusing rest/hydration
That sounds FUN

I think Sap-Sipper could work well. If I can get a grass pokemon with dig that is faster than Goodra, I can use dig in a double battle, have surf/muddy water/something else go, not get hit, and if Goodra needs it, then if the pokemon is strong, grass attack it. I remembered Sap-Sipper heals hp or something.
Would Sludge Water be a replacement for Muddy Water?

KillerDraco

Holy crap just re-read and abusing rest/hydration
That sounds FUN

It's fallen out of favor with the loss of infinite rain in Gen 6. Back in Gen 4/5 that was nigh unstoppable, most notably on Manaphy in Ubers.

I think Sap-Sipper could work well. If I can get a grass pokemon with dig that is faster than Goodra, I can use dig in a double battle, have surf/muddy water/something else go, not get hit, and if Goodra needs it, then if the pokemon is strong, grass attack it. I remembered Sap-Sipper heals hp or something.
Would Sludge Water be a replacement for Muddy Water?

...Why Dig? Just use Protect instead. Almost every Pokemon learns it, and it's without a doubt the best utility move in Doubles, given it can waste the foe's turn and shield you from your own spread attacks (i.e., Earthquake). Also Sap Sipper doesn't heal HP, it just negates grass type attacks that are directed toward it (unlike Storm Drain/Lightning Rod, it doesn't draw them towards it), and raises attack by one stage. It's not really all that useful on Goodra though, given no one's going to attack it with a grass type move, and Spore/Sleep Powder have become less common.

Also there is no such move as Sludge Water. Do you mean Sludge Wave? It's not terrible as it'll allow you to hit Fairy types hard, but you'll be at the mercy of steel types who're immune to poison and resistant to Dragon.