• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curse of the Navari - Preview

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
Coming to an RPG Board near you soon...

In the late 1800's, the mortality rate of 19th centaury London grew dramatically. The bodies of people, ranging from peasants to the Upper Class were found with only one wound. A small bite mark on their necks. The victims were categorized as being attacked by wild animals. They were severely drained of blood, so much that they had died of Oxygen starvation. It was unknown to them however, that their deaths had not been from animal, but from their own human race, at least something that was once human. The Nosferatu, a race of bloodthirsty demons that inhabited human bodies, known in the Gypsy community as Vampires.

Gypsies rounded together, protecting themselves from the scourge of the Nosferatu, but one by one, they were picked off. Their numbers depleting, they took drastic action to make sure the Nosferatu would be taken out. A series of ancient rituals, a sacrificial mother and child, and the heart of a demon. The ritual was successful. At the death of the mother the child was born. He was a new breed, human in appearance, but through his veins flowed the blood of a demon. Their strength, their skill he would inherit in time. Their weaknesses he would endure. Taken away from the Nosferatu he thrived and passed on his new seed to others. His people human, yet not, became known as The Cursed. Forever more a number of Cursed would be born into each new generation.

The Cursed fought the Nosferatu, fighting them the only way they knew how. As Demons of the night themselves. The Cursed trained at day and fought at night. Many died in order for others to live. Time passed...
2002, new technology, new wonders, new people.. new dangers.

A Cursed doesn't know its situation until it hits puberty. That is when its body begins to adapt to the metabolic differences. With the Curse becoming more common, it has been viewed as a mutated blood type by the medical community. Only the Old Cursed know the truth, but due to this belief there are Cursed living their lives unaware of their situation.. or the problems that they face.

----

That's the original draft for the RPG, written back in 2002, inspired by the scene in Blade II, when Blade rises out of the pool of blood. He needed massive vampiric Wings. The RPG after several rewrites and drawing on inspiration from numerous sci fi and fantasy films and books (including but not limited to Night Watch & Day Watch by Sergi Lukyanenko, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, X-men, X-Files, Men In Black and loads of other stuff).

The new version of the RPG will be massive when I've finished writing it, with a lot of detail to go into. If you are prepared to keep looking back and forth at things, but ready to delve into a massive world of demons, vampires, good and evil, swords and stealth, guns and guile, *** kicking, humour, and excellent characters, then please tell me here, so I know how many people to expect.

Any thoughts and opinions are also welcome.

Eeveeking929

Khajmer's Back Baby!
*Jaw drops to the ground, through the floor, down three floors to the basement, through the solid concrete and foundation of my house, straight through the ground, peirces the core of the Earth, and emerges in China, then rises way way way into space, finally stopping in the Andromeda galaxy, all in the course of thirty seconds.* You're telling me that you're taking that plot, adding even more from a bunch of sci-fi stuff including one of my top shows (Buffy), and two of my top movies (X-Men and MIB), and putting it all together into one even better RP? Please, please, please for the love of God, Jesus, Buhda, Zues, Posiedon, Ra, and Satan tell me I'm good enough for this.

Canis Lupus

Wow. That was amazing, and that wasn't even the whole plot. I'll be trying to join this, although I'm probably going to have to majorly work on my sign-up to make it long enough to look good.
Once again, wow.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
That original draft is about 390 words. The current raft has about 360 in the first two paragraphs. The entire plot is about 1500+ words and that's not coutning all the information that's required reading too.