• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curse of the Red Spiritomb

AZX612

On my own here we go
Garrus left, giving them each these plates of some sort. "I STILL DONT TRUST YOU TRAITOR!!!" Ace yelled loudly so Garrus could hear. He took a closer look at the plates. "Hey, I know what these are! They were made for Arceus, but they also work on corresponding types of Pokemon. Supposed to give them a wonderful and extream power boost." Ace whispered to himself so no one else could hear. "Hey guys, Im gonna follow Garrus, you guys can do whatever you want, but dont bother me." Ace said to Sidus, Silvia, and Axel. "Sianara!" Ace said, and then set off running into the distance. After a few minutes of running, he came to rest where his base used to be. "So, we have a Fist Plate, a Mind Plate, and Dread Plate." His Pokemon, almost as if bidden to, stepped up calmly and retrieved their respective plate from Ace. "Creepy . . . but onward we go." Ace said; his Pokemon improvising a necklace to carry the Plates so that their hands/paws would be free for attack.

SuperMariofan64

<- Fabio Montorez
(Sorry to be picky FallenSanity, but Metome is a Metagross, not a Metang.)

A figure stepped out of the shadows. Axel hadn’t seen the guy a lot, but he knew that it was Garrus. His Arcanine leaped and destroyed the hoards of shadows. Ace was furious with the guy, evident by the tone of his yelling. Axel could’ve cared less about grudges; he knew that nothing good ever came out of them. Garrus tossed rectangular objects to each of the trainer. Axel caught four; purple, metallic, blue, and sky blue. The objects reminded Axel of a similar tablet he found in a past adventure, so he knew how the tablet worked already. Garrus told of a Darkrai being in possession of the island and that his power was slowly being released upon the world again. “Man, this thing is a lot deeper than what I thought,” Axel muttered. He pulled out a Dive ball and a Poke ball, tossed them, and released his Kabutops and Crobat. Fluid looked pumped, hardly even phased by the night’s previous events. Ace was going to follow Garrus for some unknown reason, but Axel didn’t bother asking. He seemed exceptionally irritable at the moment.

“I’m heading back to town. My pokemon need to be healed, but I’ll be back out here soon,” Axel said as he got out of the “car”. He was exhausted, but knew that they would need to do as much as they could that night. Axel and Fluid took off in the supposed direction of town.

The group walked (flew…) slowly, enjoying the relaxation of the walk. As much as Axel enjoyed the tunes from his mp3, he loved to just stop and absorb the sounds of nature and the sounds of his pokemon. The walk gave him more time to think and sort out all that was going on. Darkrai obviously played a big role in this mess if he was sending nightmares to all the trainers. Axel wished he could remember his dream, but it had faded into a distant memory after the night’s events. The only thing he could remember was his Gardevoir’s voice coming out of a white, four legged creature. He sighed when he couldn’t figure out what it meant. Brisk air blew against them from time to time, causing Ooze to shiver. The moon was past being perpendicular with the ground, leaning slightly toward the west. Axel assumed that it was about 2:00 A.M. He yawned, wishing he could curl up and go to sleep.
Axel dragged his feet as he walked into the town, now devoid of all life. He knocked on the door of the darkened Pokemon Center. A night-gowned Nurse opened the door and rubbed her eyes. She recognized Axel from a few days ago.

“Sorry to bother you so late…but…could you heal my pokemon?” Axel said with a slight blush on his face, embarrassed to have to do this. The Nurse nodded as she gave a yawn.

“Just try to be quiet. We have a few trainers sleeping here tonight.”

She led Axel inside the dimly lit center. Axel heard a figure shift on a nearby couch and started to step lightly. Axel placed each of his Pokeballs onto a tray so the Nurse could revive them. He tiptoed to a nearby couch and waited, observing the trainer on the couch adjacent from him. The trainer was soundly asleep, but his face looked…funny, almost as if he was in anguish. He didn’t think much of it, until he heard a cry; an eerie cry that he had heard many times before, the cry of a Spiritomb. Axel rubbed his eyes and shook his head in disbelief, but then it sounded again, this time louder. He closed his eyes and tried to ignore the cry, dozing of in the process. Just before he fully went to sleep, he heard a dark cry, a cry that sounded as if he were being dragged into darkness. Then, images flashed into his head; Images of the same white, four legged creature, his Gardevoir, and a strange dark figure with a white wisp coming off its head.

“Axel, your pokemon are all set,” the Nurse whispered, snapping Axel back into reality, “Do you want me to make up a bed for you?” She said when she noticed he was nodding off. Axel desperately needed sleep, but he was afraid that he might not wake up if he were. He shook his head.

“No, I must be going somewhere. I just needed my pokemon healed,” he said. He slowly stood up and walked over to the counter where he received his pokeballs. The Nurse looked at him oddly, but allowed him to be on his way. Axel looked at his watch after he exited the Center. The face said it was 2:46. Axel called out his Gardevoir and Rotom, both of which were surprised to see him awake at this hour. He walked over to the fountain and signaled for his pokemon to follow. His eyelids were heavy.

“Vein, I need you to do me a favor. If you see me starting to doze off, I want you to shock or burn me,” Axel said, hoping he wouldn’t regret giving this kind of responsibility to the Rotom. Vein gave a thumbs up with his mitten. Echo sat down beside Axel and began to speak.

Axel, there’s something you need to know, she said, looking him straight in the eyes.

Echo began to tell him about his nightmare that she infiltrated a few days ago. Every detail was told, from the morphing Thunderstone, to the deaths of his friends and almost his sister, to his rescue by the same white creature. Axel nodded every now and again to show he was listening, dozing off only once. His heart sank when he heard about the horrific deaths of everyone he cared about.

“Man…I wouldn’t even wish that nightmare upon my father…” he muttered, “But what does it all mean?”

Well, after I canceled your nightmare, I went into a state of meditation where I focused on a Future Sight. I didn’t find much, but I learned the identity of the white creature. Its name is Arceus, and it is said to be the protector of the land and the “Alpha Pokemon”, she said enthusiastically.

Arceus… the name sounded familiar to Axel, but he couldn’t place his finger on why. “Thank you Echo,” he said at last. He started fiddling with his watch in an effort to stay awake, changing the face into a scanner. He was stunned when the watch finally warmed up all the way. A multitude of dots flickered on the face, one being right where he was standing. He reached into his backpack and pulled out the four tablets he got earlier. His watch started beeping as soon as he brought them all out. Axel connected the two and determined that his watch was picking up the other plates that Garrus had given the trainers, thus allowing for him to track everyone’s movement. He put this information in the back of his mind for when he needed it and began creating make-shift necklaces so his pokemon could hold the plates with ease. He knew that he would need to find two more plates so that he could cover his remaining pokemon who didn’t get a plate. He noticed that one plate was on the outskirts of town, immobile. He decided to head in that direction to collect what he needed.

Calicocat

Pokemon Hoarder
(I think this story should be revived, as we got so far...)

Garrus and Ruffor fought the lines of Nightmares ferociously, never once backing down. Now that the plates allowed his pokemon to touch the abominations, it turned out they were far, far weaker than the red spiritomb. With weak opponents and the lack of sleep heavy on his mind, Garrus slowly slipped into a doze, only half aware of his surroundings as Ruffor took the battle into his own hands. Colours swirled in his subconcious- Red and black against purple and yellow, avoiding each other like oil and water. He was frustrated by his own ignorance, and even further by the seemingly impossible task ahead of him: to defeat and banish a legendary, one of the founders of the entire world as he knew it. And most of all he was frustrated with the puzzle of the other pokemon spoken about in the ruins- the direct opposite of Darkrai. A pokemon that represented the full moon and could dispel the nightmares even during the new moon, the height of Darkrais power.
If only they could find such a pokemon...

Last edited: