• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cursed Fruit q's

Status
Not open for further replies.

trickedoutmetagross

NIXON'S BAAAACK!!!
ok This is pure opinion so no using any word that implies that you know get it, got it, good

1. if a CF person (or animal) ate a fruit that could transform it into something that could swim could they still swim

2. if a CF person could turn into an element like sand couldn't they turn into that element to avoid physical damage(ex. in spoiler)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtgG2FkUnwQ&mode=related&search=Luffy%20vs.%20Crocodile

3. CF people can't swim in the ocean because of some mineral in the sea but could they swim in freshwater

Devil Fruit. Devil Fruit.

1. No, they couldn't.

2. Yes, they could. Smoker, for example, can become smoke and avoid physical damage.

3. I doubt it.

Chris

Old Coot
The whole point behind the Devil's Fruit was that it altered the person's body and gave them abilities. Because these fruit are particularly not easy to find and generally found by those who travel the seas, it would seem the most obvious thing to curse them with is the inability to swim and literally make them sink like an anchor (hence the joke behind Luffy's shirt when he was young).

trickedoutmetagross

NIXON'S BAAAACK!!!
I'm mostly a dubbie but yeah if you saw the Japanese eppy with the gomugomu no storm crocodile takes heavy damage before he starts using his sand powers and don't say Luffy was covered with blood to stop his attacks because 0 still uses one of his sand attacks

besides how could Luffy stop his attacks in the dub

you know they won't show blood on US TV

it's cursed in the dub GET OVER IT!!!!

Last edited:
I'm mostly a dubbie but yeah if you saw the Japanese eppy with the gomugomu no storm crocodile takes heavy damage before he starts using his sand powers and don't say Luffy was covered with blood to stop his attacks because 0 still uses one of his sand attacks
Crocodile used his sand attacks before Luffy used Gomu Gomu no Storm. Then, Luffy nullified all of his attacks, and then beat the living **** out of him.[/quote]

besides how could Luffy stop his attacks in the dub
Orange Juice? Friendship? I'm not 4Kids, I don't know

you know they won't show blood on US TV
Apparently they do, since Naruto features plenty of blood in its US dub

it's cursed in the dub GET OVER IT!!!!
And the dub is horrible, so it's Zoro not Zolo, Devil Fruit not Cursed Fruit, Miss Merry Christmas not Miss Groundhog's Day, Tori Tori Fruit Model: Falcon not Tweet Tweet Fruit, Going Merry not Merry Go, Mr. 3 isn't a comedian, Laboon isn't a giant iceburg; he is a whale, Mr. 3 didn't follow the Straw Hats from Logue Town, which is not Rogue Town, the Straw Hats went to Little Garden before going to Drum Island, not heading straight there after Whisky Peak, yes, Whiskey Peak, not Misty Peak, there are not 100 bad puns each episode, Sanji had no idea what a Log Pose, not Grand Compass, is, and people don't carry around supersoakers and green guns in black and white flashbacks.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Guys.... Why is it when it's One Piece, people who use the dub names get jumped on...

But when it's anything else (even other 4Kids dubs) people using dub names NEVER get jumped on? Honestly... This is tiring.

Let people use whatever term they want, dub or sub, without getting all freakin' jumbled up.

Chris

Old Coot
Tori Tori Fruit Model: Falcon not Tweet Tweet Fruit
Uh, actually, that's suprisingly somewhat close. Tori means bird in Japanese. Bird Bird Fruit just doesn't sound like it would work in the English language.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This topic instantly fails for using Cursed Fruit....

1. No. I believe it makes the water like air to them, and it takes away their powers.

2. Yes, they could advoid damage. Unless maybe if part of them was lost, like eaten or something, they would lose part of themselves (maybe...)

3. No, Luffy fell in a pool and couldn't swim.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
This topic instantly fails for using Cursed Fruit....

1. No. I believe it makes the water like air to them, and it takes away their powers.

2. Yes, they could advoid damage. Unless maybe if part of them was lost, like eaten or something, they would lose part of themselves (maybe...)

3. No, Luffy fell in a pool and couldn't swim.
No, it doesn't fail. Because people can use whichever terms they want (dub or sub).

Sigh... Like I said... If other topics allow the use of dub names, I don't see why this topic can't.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Because some dub names are good, and some are bad?

It's common sense.

I'd say all the dub names in the Yu-gi-oh dub are FAR worse, because they pretty much change the whole thing. While the name changes in the One Piece dub are at least somewhat close to their original.

And yet... No one complains about usuing the Yu-gi-oh dub names. Or when the Mew Mew's aired, no one complained about the people using the dub names. Or Pokemon, alot of people use the dub names. Countless dubs here have people using dub names, and they don't care.

But, oh no, when it's One Piece, a subbie just has to go "You fail" or "Don't call 'em that!". It's just... Stupid.

If these other topics allow it. So should this one. I don't care how you feel about the dub. Let people call em' by which one they watch. 'Cause it happens in other topics with no problems.

It shouldn't be one here. That's it. THAT'S common sence.

I'd say all the dub names in the Yu-gi-oh dub are FAR worse, because they pretty much change the whole thing. While the name changes in the One Piece dub are at least somewhat close to their original.

And yet... No one complains about usuing the Yu-gi-oh dub names. Or when the Mew Mew's aired, no one complained about the people using the dub names. Or Pokemon, alot of people use the dub names. Countless dubs here have people using dub names, and they don't care.

But, oh no, when it's One Piece, a subbie just has to go "You fail" or "Don't call 'em that!". It's just... Stupid.

If these other topics allow it. So should this one. I don't care how you feel about the dub. Let people call em' by which one the watch. 'Cause it happens in other topics with no problems.

It shouldn't be one here. That's it.
I sure as hell complained about Tokyo Mew Mew's dub names.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I was joking about this topic failing, please no one take it seriously....

Now, if you say that Bellmere was thrown in a Dungeon or Kuina was beat up, then I'll get mad. XD

I was joking about this topic failing, please no one take it seriously....

Now, if you say that Bellmere was thrown in a Dungeon or Kuina was beat up, then I'll get mad. XD
Kuina getting beat up by a jealous opponent> Kuina dying from falling down the stairs

RomanMack

Johto Champion
I sure as hell complained about Tokyo Mew Mew's dub names.

Well, I'm sure you did. But what I was saying is that people were able to use their sub and dub names without harrasment from other people, whereas with One Piece... One person says a dub name and the whole group jumps on them.

Well, I'm sure you did. But what I was saying is that people were able to use their sub and dub names without harrasment from other people, whereas with One Piece... One person says a dub name and the whole group jumps on them.
Just like people will jump on people who use Cardcaptor Sakura dub names, or Tokyo Mew Mew dub names, and so on.

Why? Because they suck.

RomanMack

Johto Champion
Just like people will jump on people who use Cardcaptor Sakura dub names, or Tokyo Mew Mew dub names, and so on.

Why? Because they suck.

But the topics that deal with Mew Mew, Cardcaptors, Yu-gi-oh, etc. here barely ever have people harassing other people for using the dub names. Only in One Piece topics does it happen (or it happens the most, I guess). That's what I mean. But this is moot anyways.

The point is we shouldn't harrass the other members just because they use the dub names. No matter how sucky they may be to you. If you know what they mean, continue the conversation. There's no reason to be a smart-alec towards them.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
Technically, it really doesn't matter in terms of the fruit's name. Yes, it's called Devil's Fruit in the original and Cursed Fruit in the dub. The name itself is still relatively close in keeping the idea that upon eating it, you gain the powers of a devil (so to speak) and become cursed with the inability to even move when in water.

Now, had they called it the Very Bad Fruit, theeeen we have something to complain about.

Status
Not open for further replies.