• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cursing

meteor64

Show Me Ya Noobs
Stuff goes wrong? Swear all the **** you want.

Grandma over? Dont ****ing do it, man.

Just analyse the situation before you end up maxing your Attack and Defense. Dont wanna get Roared out, that'll just irritate you further.

Okay... jokes aside, swearings fine in the right situation.

Derp

[Something funny]
I don't mind swearing to much unless people just mindlessly swear every time they talk.

Tyranitarquake

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!!!
swearing when ur angry...

ManhattanTheStarr

At my school, students curse at least twice in each sentence. They just go overboard with it, and that's really the only time I see cursing as unnecessary. I also don't see the point of trying to "protect" children from hearing these words. Hell, they're just gonna end up using them around their early teen years anyways. T_T However, I rarely ever curse. Only under my breath, or on accident. ...But there has been a few times when I cursed when people pissed me off, but apparently, it's the only way people'll notice when you're really peeved. =/

SwiftSoul

Kinkmeister General
I don't see why the system puts such a stigma on swearing. I see two outcomes of cracking down. People will either:

1) f***ing swear anyway. In fact, some who didn't give a s*** about swearing will suddenly be p***ed because it restricts people's rights. Why the h*** would those b****es restrict the rights of people. Everyone f***ing s***s, and it always stinks. Why try to make it appear otherwise? Censorship. It's all about f***ing censorship! A power struggle to keep the s***-brained masses under control, using the guise of unity.

2) find frickin ways to get around those restrictions. I mean, holy shiitake mushrooms, what in the french toast can they do about flipping casual words. Ban all friggin language entirely? We should all find loopholes, so they see what a stinking pile of meecrob said restrictions are.One could liken it even to a not-z-like crackdown. And why do they restrict some of the strangest words, like ***** (email: runescape), **** (drag: YGO: WC 2008 {tried to name a dragon deck "what a drag"}), and ** (88: a couple chat sites)? Some make it where geh and lees bien words and themes are kept censored, and some won't let us Pagens fly our flags.

[/self-demonstrating points]

Mankanshoku Mako

Swearing is the best thing ever. Swear more, and if you face social consequences, continue to swear. Anyone who wishes to restrict your ability to swear should be swore at.

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
Swearing could be ok (IMO, it's natural) as long as you don't use it on people who hates swearing .

And for me, I swear all the time. Hell, I even sweared in front of my parents and they don't mind.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
I swear like a sailor.

We know.
------------

Coming from a civilized Southern family, (we're not all rednecks. ಠ_ಠ) cursing is generally frowned upon in everyday use. In school, people cuss like there's no tomorrow. (Rapture?) My family does cuss like every other family, i.e. when they get pissed-off or when we're jokin' around. It's just not appropriate to say in every sentence, like some people do.

pokemaster001

just curse whenever it's appropriate
in other words, all the time

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Ungh I work at a Wal*Mart in a farming community, and you can tell when the inbread/less than intelligent/simple folk/gangsahs are around, they reak of Alchohol/some sort of drug and curse every sentence.

Also most teens curse to be cool, like watching wi-fi pokemon battles on you-tube, tons of kids name their pokemon stuff dealing with race, sexuality, obscene gestures, etc, they only do it for attention.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
I'm not offended when people start cursing, I live with my mom.

I don't curse myself, unless you consider crap or hell cursing, witch some people do. A curse every once in a while is fine by me, though when you say one every other word, its just dumb.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
i swear alot, but when i was 8. i went on a site that censored swearing too much. CLUB PENGUIN! my UN was going to be purplegrape1 but because of the word rape (not even a swear) i wasnt allowed it so i went to facebook

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
i swear alot, but when i was 8. i went on a site that censored swearing too much. CLUB PENGUIN! my UN was going to be purplegrape1 but because of the word rape (not even a swear) i wasnt allowed it so i went to facebook

Its not even intentional. What the heck?

"....and you do this as so..."
"Hey, you just cursed!"

Mr. Scraggy

Lol, it's like the Cofagrigus thing

"Rape" isn't even a swear word or a slur.

It's good that they added such a word to the filters, but to set it up with wildcards is silly.