• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cursing

justicedude3

People who curse alot just tell people that they have a small vocabulary.
They use the same words over and over and over again.

legendarypokemonmaster

People who curse alot just tell people that they have a small vocabulary.
They use the same words over and over and over again.
Hey ******* ** **** **** and **** ******* ****
got it!?

jkjk

Cursing is up to you. Some people don't like it. I don't like it, and don't curse because it makes you sound like a moron.

Depends on who you ask. I don't think this, unless that's all you do. "Obscene words" are mostly just especially strong words. Aren't there times when saying "shit" or "fuck" are more necessary than the non-obscene(-as-society-dictates-obscene) synonyms or other exclamations?

On the subject of age: I think the time when it doesn't make me flinch is about twelve or thirteen. I don't specifically care THAT much, but is kind of weird hearing small children swear.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Not when you spend 8 hours a day on a pokemon forum.
That's deplorable.

Assuming that you know exactly how much time he spends on this forum. Tsk tsk.
Manhattan, I have said I spend that much time here. I'm posting while waiting for my machine to finish running.

Alleviate... think what you want! I'm not going to loose any sleep over it.

I can and do swear with the best of sailors, however it IS much more gratifying to make the other person resort to swearing while keeping a clean vocabulary.

Ausgirl

I don't swear very much but when I do it's because I'm really ticked off about something... (it's usually because of something that my brother said/did). *shrugs* swearing is better than being violence...

Last edited:

lostboy

I think it's ok to curse when you're an adult but I don't do it because it makes me feel weird. I think it makes people look mean and uncivilized. However I think cursing is ok in comedy; I often find it amusing when done by Comedians. They can play as a naughty yet amusing character.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
I'm not alone! And yes, by watching Simpsons, I learned that *** meant a bundle sticks. As for bastard, same thing. (I do not mean to use those as foul language.)
A *** is a slang word for cigarettes in the UK, and it's not considered a rude word at all. In the USA, the word "bugger" isn't considered to be cursing, but in the UK it's a very mild swear word.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
The first amendment protects free speech, therefore, cursing is free speech and it should be unrestricted, even on television stations. Parents monitor what their children watch, you know.

>point set match

Catatonic

Internet Tough Guy
The first amendment protects free speech, therefore, cursing is free speech and it should be unrestricted, even on television stations. Parents monitor what their children watch, you know.

>point set match

I don't think anyone was saying that cursing should be illegal. Nice try champ, though.

pokefantravis

The Poke-Pimp

dragonite8

Comeback Kip
well, i beleive its ok, but not exactly smart. i hear it all the time. its annoying sometimes but i get used to it

yoursavior

Calm Mind
I don't have much of a problem with swearing but there is a time and place for it. I tend to swear a lot when I'm having conversations with friends as the setting is very informal and personal but when I'm in class, conversing with acquaintances, online, or in a professional setting I tone my language down. They're just words, and I don't see anything inherently wrong with using them, but I choose not to use them around people I'm not good friends with out of courtesy.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
I curse all the time, and i find it stupid words like s**t and f**k are censored on TV. theres literally 500 channels; if you dont like swearing, find a channel that you know wont have it.

SSJCerious

Pokemon Collector
I swear worse than a sailor and have a vocabulary far greater than just "swear words", I just prefer/find it easier to tell someone to "**** off" than to say "leave me alone".

I don't see how swearing makes someone look like a "idiot" or a "moron", they're just words...

legendarypokemonmaster

I don't see how swearing makes someone look like a "idiot" or a "moron", they're just words...
Your diction helps define you and how others see you. The kind of speech you use will influence the way people think of you. Generally people who use correct grammer are seen in a more...positive way than those who constantly confuse to/too/two, there/their/they're, use slang like "r u" etc...
The same goes for cursing and other things, but it depends on who you are talking to.