• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cursive vs Manuscript Handwriting

cursive vs manuscript writing

• cursive

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • manuscript

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • mixed

Votes: 25 40.3%

• Total voters

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'm a little curious as to which style of handwriting people prefer. I never understood why people prefer cursive over manuscript. I to tend to mix cursive "a's, c's ,h's and t's" into my writing.

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
manuscript ftw
cursive is overrated, imo

Kreis

Still Dirrty
My writing is a mixture of both. Cursive never really stuck with me, and only some letters did.

Finch.

Sunlight, sunlight~
I'm quite a fanciful person by nature, so my handwriting is long and curved, sort of cursive, sort of print, but completely my own. :3

...it's pretty silly, but I like penmanship, and calligraphy and all that. ^_^

Profesco

gone gently
When I'm writing for others to see (e.g. letters, thank you cards) I'll write in cursive. It's harder and more time-consuming, but it's worth the effort. Last person I wrote a card to responded by asking where she could get that lovely font. Having good penmanship gives a good impression and separates you from the crowd.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
I remember when they taught it to me in 3rd grade. So horrid...

I usually write in both, changing every now and then. I prefer to write in manuscript, which actually looks like cursive somewhat, but I write cursive like Thomas Edison, or so my teachers have said.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
My handwriting is mainly manuscript with a hint of cursive. I tend to curve the tails of my ys, gs, and qs. And i also give my os and as a little loopy thing.

SugarFreeJazz

not present
I prefer writing in manuscript, but since my handwriting is so messy when I write quickly, sometimes it looks like cursive.

I always sign my name in cursive though.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Cursive is actually a lot faster once you get used to it. However, I usually just use manuscript because my cursive can be hard to read and I've been told my manuscript handwriting is very neat. The only time I use cursive is when I need to write something quickly and only I am going to be reading it.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

I wish I had your handwriting... mine's messy now... it used to be so neat, too... (Love the .gif, by the way.)

Anyway, I write in cursive. It's become a habit for me since I first learned it in 3rd grade I believe it was. (Maybe it was 2nd grade...) It was difficult at first, but I was able to get the hang of it. I could never get how it is some people just can't read cursive when we were taught it in elementary school to begin with.

Aegon

I write in cursive, since it's so much faster. I've been doing it since I was eight, so I don't really know any different. If I want to be extremely clear about what I'm writing, I'll use manuscript, but it's just too time-consuming for my tastes.

MetalVictini

Winning!
I haven't written cursive since elementary school. All I use it for is signatures. Makes me wonder why schools insist on teaching it.

Flame Mistress

I use cursive, since it's much faster to use, and I just like the at it looks. But sometimes, a bit of manuscript gets mixed in there as well.

However, that's usually only with fountain pens. When I used a fineliner, it's more manuscript, and when I write in pencil, it's a mix of both (if it's not smudged already). But I mostly use fountain pens, so, yeah.

Last edited: