1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Adventures in Unova' started by Serebii, Nov 22, 2012.

1. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

Finally! After a 2 years wait the Unova League begins!!! I cannot be anymore excited :D

*I love how excited is Ash, he'll always be my favorite character. :D
    *The interactions were amazing, Bianca's tumbled down Ash on a fountain, love her silliness, Kotetsu is typical dumb Kotetsu, Stephan is fiery, Trip changed its attitude, Virgil arrived in style. haha Virgil and Trip don't hang out with Ash & co.
    *The gym flashbacks were so cool, a retrospective of Unova quest. the night scene reminds me of Indigo League :')
    *The rival battles / preliminary rounds were well done, all of the rivals had their moments. :D of course we're left with a cliffhanger..

One of the greatest episodes ever, well it's the start of the event of the year. :p 10/10

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  2. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

From what i understood, the colour coding is done to tell at which Grounds the battles are going to happen (there are a total of 5 grounds).

Ash, Trip and Stephan are battling on the Green Field
    Bianca is battling on the Yellow Field
    Virgil is battling on the Blue Field
    Kotetsu is battling on the Red Field

3. Shego

Shego 90% Kissshipper

I never expect Ash faces his main Unova rival Trip in the very first round of the League. To be honest, I was expecting that Ash faces Trip in the later round, but then the writes have change that. Ash and Pikachu got to win this duel. They just had to.

4. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

The Stephan name gag is over? HALLELUJAH!!!

Anyway this episode was a decent opener for the event. Next week should be better though.

5. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

I really like this episode and I'm glad that the rivals get more detailed fights then the other league so far

6. SceptileTheBanana

SceptileTheBanana DRAGON TAIL!

I thought I was gonna have to kill myself during the Clubsplosion. Words cannot describe how happy I am right now.

7. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Hold on.

I only saw Pictures. And I haven't seen them all yet, but I'm pretty sure it's confirmed.

Ash rotates a Pokémon, and we don't see that Pokémon or know what it is, And ASH uses Pikachu in the first match.

Does anyone see how wrong that is?

That doesn't make any sense, but sure, I guess Juniper had to show up, to tell us how Ash get his Pokémon because he has more than six.....yeah okay sure because that's necessary.

I mean if we actually saw the Pokémon I wouldn't mind so much but we don't see it. I'm annoyed.

8. FlyAsADunsparce

FlyAsADunsparce Well-Known Member

Are you serious?

9. dman_dustin

Of course he's serious. it's not Sinnoh.

Bwuhahaha. Sorry I had to. I had to.

Anyway I forgot to mention, but the pics make this episode look good. But fancy animation, isn't going to change how dislike how things.....ooh pretty colors, it's rainbow *claws at it*....is not going change how I dislike what's going on!!!

10. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

Where can I see this episode. give me a link or Pm

11. dman_dustin

Japanese Hulu, you have to be Japanese to watch it, and you've had to pay for the service.

And it's probably not out on Hulu yet.

12. FlyAsADunsparce

FlyAsADunsparce Well-Known Member

Yeah but like I felt like nothing really happened yet lol.

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm loling at how small Higaki City is. You'd think whoever organizes the Leagues would have chosen a bigger locale, but I guess they didn't have enough government funding this year? I don't know, but it's still funny. And I screamed when Virgil arrived on his private jet like a bad witch to show the lessors how it's done; what kind of Lady Gaga-esque entrance was that? I don't know, but it was one of the highlights of the episode for me. And wait, is my good sis Kotetsu sleeping in a tent? I thought all the League participants got a 5-star deluxe suite to sleep in. Seems Pikachu was awake all night with Ash; worrying about the League no doubt. The stadium where the League is being held looked big at first glance, but then I noticed that only the stands were full while the arena itself was almost completely empty; I guess the League couldn't compete with the likes of the Born This Way Ball and the MDNA Tour. Anyway, I didn't care much for the first rounds, but I almost had a heart attack when I saw Crustle. Thankfully though, it belonged to some character of the day. Now it seems Ash and Trip have started their battle. I wonder who will come out victorious. :tea:

14. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

When Ash was remembering his gym matches I got annoyed. Too much Pikachu. It's like in Sinnoh when it was too much fire monkey. Unova is just like Johto, he has no main starter.

15. Shneak

Shneak this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

He didn't arrive in an egg, so it's automatically disappointing.

I haven't been able to find the episode online, so I can't really judge it accurately. I should be pissed that the rivals all got very quick KO battles, but it looks like they have more depth than the Junior Cup.

16. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

Yeah? I'm not a negative/whiny person so I won't nitpick little details like most pokemon fans complain about y'know.. so why not give it a 10 If I liked this episode.

It's really ironic how Sinnoh lovers bash other people because someone say something positive about BW, hopefully Serebii does not turn like that Bulbagarden **** hole.

Hey Thunderblade, is that you? :rolleyes:

No, the battles were not like those at Junior Cup, these had more detail and it's not like all rival battles will be uber long, it's been this way since forever. I think the only longest non Ash battle at a league was Barry vs. Paul. Tyson and Morrison showdowns were similar to Unova rivals.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  17. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

Well only Stephan's battle concluded this ep.

18. Wait, what? xD

They weren't that bad actually.

I don't know. Why not? Nobody's stopping you bro. Give it dat 10. ;/

That's offensive to us people who go there :<

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I didn't like the flashbacks either. I mean for one there was little to no variety - just a bunch of shots of Pikachu and his accomplishments during those battles - and then there's the fact that anyone who has followed the Unova saga has already seen all the Gym battles since they're the most important events. It was a waste of time imo.

That jet was so amazing though. I didn't even know his dad owned it; I guess Pokemon Rescue teams make a lot of money.

Did you ever stop to consider that the person who was critical of your previous post was simply trying to say that almost all you did was praise the episode without taking time to consider its flaws? I mean I read through the post and I saw praise for things like Bianca's crashing-into-Ash gag that has gotten really old and those redundant Gym flashbacks that served no purpose. The only negative thing that you mentioned was Kotetsu being "dumb as usual," which was kind of offensive to those of us who actually like his character. So ironically, you're also guilty of bashing something. :x

20. J Ken

J Ken RAVE

They made Pikachu look weak how it went down so easily to one Dragon Tail. But we all know how things are going to turn out in the next episode.