• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

LizardonX

Banned
Me too. It was good seeing Bianca explain why she missed the Junior Cup. It was also good to see that Trip and Ash actually wanted to battle each other. The newer Trip is better to me then the old Trip.

Why did she miss it?

WOOT WOOT RANK UP

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I was very sad to see the complete and utter lack of star presence at the league. No opening ceremonies conducted by Mr. Goodshow, no running of the torch? No Don George? No Alden?

It didn't feel like that big a deal.

Cameron and the tent/late registration was a fun, completely in-character bit.

The gym flashback just rubbed in how absolutely neglected Snivy has been this generation.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wished that Trip and ash had battled longer with more pokemon in this episode that way more interaction between them could have happened. This is the only battle besides Stephan's that I liked in this league.

gohan5

Irisboy
I wished that Trip and ash had battled longer with more pokemon in this episode that way more interaction between them could have happened. This is the only battle besides Stephan's that I liked in this league.

Yeah I agree with you. This was the kind of battle that most people wanted from Ash and Trip, it's just a shame that it wasn't a full battle.

J Ken

RAVE

I know what you mean. It was more interesting to see a calmer and not arrogant Trip going against Ash in a full battle then wasting the chance with a 1 on 1 battle. It was unique and the battle was good but it feels like they could have executed it better.

Haunter ゴースト

I was very sad to see the complete and utter lack of star presence at the league. No opening ceremonies conducted by Mr. Goodshow, no running of the torch? No Don George? No Alden?

It didn't feel like that big a deal.

I couldn't agree more, this is the problem with the Unova League. Aside from the flashbacks of Gym 1 - 8, and the ending ceremony (which i won't spoil), this just felt like another Club Battle/Clubsplosion/Juniour Cup. Nothing gave it the feel of being any more special than the other tournaments, and ultimately was a shame, since this tournament inparticular is the entire reason Ash stayed in Unova and travelled around for the past 2 years.

The fact it was only 6 episodes (one being a filler) opposed to the standard 8 didn't help things.

Cameron and the tent/late registration was a fun, completely in-character bit.

Shame they pushed the line with his character after this.

The gym flashback just rubbed in how absolutely neglected Snivy has been this generation.

I agree, Snivy should have been the star of Gym 3. Pikachu still had Gyms 4 and 8 for glory.

J Ken

RAVE
I couldn't agree more, this is the problem with the Unova League. Aside from the flashbacks of Gym 1 - 8, and the ending ceremony (which i won't spoil), this just felt like another Club Battle/Clubsplosion/Juniour Cup. Nothing gave it the feel of being any more special than the other tournaments, and ultimately was a shame, since this tournament inparticular is the entire reason Ash stayed in Unova and travelled around for the past 2 years.

It also doesn't help that the Junior Cup had 2 Champions and an Elite 4 member.

The fact it was only 6 episodes (one being a filler) opposed to the standard 8 didn't help things.

True it as good that there were more interactions but was it really necessary to eliminate 2 rivals in the first two rounds and skip over the other two rounds?

Shame they pushed the line with his character after this.

They did overuse his clumsiness and at the worst possible time.

I agree, Snivy should have been the star of Gym 3. Pikachu still had Gyms 4 and 8 for glory.

Not really Leavanny has a 1/4th resistance to Snivy's moves. I think that she should have been used against Lenora and starred there instead.

Haunter ゴースト

Rewatching through the entire League to try and find a brighter light on it.

Great introduction episode really, it's the rest of the arc that spoils it.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Trip actually seemed likable lol

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Man, after 2 years, we finally made it to the Unova league. A lot faster it came than the Sinnoh League. Glad to see the good ol rivals again. Plus Cameron and Virgil.

Happy to see Bianca push Ash into a fountain again. OMG, the gang is pronouncing Stephan's name right! To be honest, I thought Ash said it wrong at first lol. Virgil enters via jet; nice nice. Trip shows up, cools, and he's not being a jerk.

Cameron's Camping out. Meh. I still can't get over how dumb he is. He thought he had to just show up, and thought "Register" was a new Pokemon. Does he not know anything? And when Registration closes, he's late. I would have liked that, but it would truthfully be a let down. Plus, he has a "Secret Weapon". Oooo. I wonder what that may be.

Ash can't sleep; figures. So he reminices about all 8 of his Gym Battles; it may have felt underdeveloped, but it was nice to see all the leaders one by one. Good ol Sean Schemmel as Clay and spunky Roxie.

Freddie O'Martin makes an epic entrance by jumping out of a helicopter and parachuting down to the stadium.

1 on 1 matches? Ugh. Kill me already. And, Ash VS Trip?! Mind me, I knew this from a long shot, but it's just ridiculous. Not to mention he sends out Serperior (love Jason Griffith's voice though).

Very cool to see Stephan, Bianca, Virgil and Cameron battle their opponents in the Qualifying round, too. Looks like they're all doing good except for Ash and Cameron.

I'm looking forward to next week already!

Canada

Banned
the episode was ok not bad but not one of my favorites it needs work 7/10

Tf916

Parappa the Rapper
I liked this episode but i agree that it's needs some work..

I always love the scene's where ash thinks about all the gym leaders he has beaten before the league starts.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Nope, Iris. Trip didn't catch any new Pokemon. He's forever stuck with Serperior, Vanillish, and Conkeldurr.

What a letdown. We know it'll be pretty anti-climatic if Ash loses here, but I think it's even more anti-climatic to end their barely-developed rivalry right at the start.

Yeah, I like how they got Stephan's name right. I still was thinking that old bianca crash into ash thing would switch.

BTW, I hope Sylveon appears. For a reference of generation 6.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah, I like how they got Stephan's name right. I still was thinking that old bianca crash into ash thing would switch.

BTW, I hope Sylveon appears. For a reference of generation 6.

It doesn't, sylveon or gen 6 for that matter weren't even known yet when this first aired in japan.

For this episode, the only good thing was The cameron goof.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Ash vs Trip in Round 1? I don't think that this is the best method to handle Trip but I don't mind it. Also, this episode was good at setting up the League and the form of cliffhanger was really interesting (although there were better ones, off course).

I expect that you liked too much this episode and expect that the next will be very good

because the Unova League is objectively bad. I don't recommend watching the first 2 episodes of April because they are really bad. Mainly because
Ash only has this 1vs1, a 3vs3 vs Stephan (this is good, at least and a 6vs6 vs Cameron who it really is a 6vs5 in favour of Cameron and Cameron will be too dumb in that battle but Cazmeron will win and because Virgil is going to be ignored.
And the League only last 6 episodes and one is one who I find out the summary and is named "Axew gets lost" wherr appearantly the episode would be focus on Iris' Axew
and they will focused on Iris' Axew and not in League's battles

And Virgil won't use Sylveon because the last episode aired in Japan the past 10th January.

You can quoted the spoilers tag with spoilers tags.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Ok call me crazy but I swear I saw pictures of Seripsiror binding Pika to the point of him choking Pika at the part where it says to be continued. Was that to extreme for the USA and edited? Or was it another scene?