• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

RVD_fan

I didn't mind Cameron's dub voice much in his debut episodes, but I really found him grating here. Stephan was alright, but the dialogue between the rest of the rivals was kind of awkward, and I think you definitely missed the chemistry with Burgundy and Georgia.

On the plus side, I thought Jamie McGonnigal was really solid here, and made Trip's transition transition from cocky to amicable believable.

Last edited:

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I didn't mind Cameron's dub voice much in his debut episodes, but I really found him grating here. Stephan was alright, but the dialogue between the rest of the rivals was kind of awkward, and I think you definitely missed the chemistry with Burgundy and Georgia.

On the plus side, I thought Jason Griffith was really solid here, and made Trip's transition transition from cocky to amicable believable.

But Jason doesn't voice Trip. Jamie does.

XXD17

Draco rex
Cameron being a freaking idiot, Trip actually getting better...sam old same old....the best part would probably be the fact that they actually kept the background music form the Japanese episode!!

RVD_fan

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
I just can't get over how stupid Cameron is shouldn't have even been able to join the league, plus would have liked it if Ash vs Trip wasn't right off the bat like this.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I just can't get over how stupid Cameron is shouldn't have even been able to join the league,

That brings up a good question. Would the other 63 trainers participate just fine with the lucky trainer not getting to fight in the preliminary?

In fact, I wonder what happens to anybody else who didn't make it to the league. They probably need to wait a long time, or they need to redo their challenge all over again...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Ok call me crazy but I swear I saw pictures of Seripsiror binding Pika to the point of him choking Pika at the part where it says to be continued. Was that to extreme for the USA and edited? Or was it another scene?

I don't believe there was a scene of such in the original version as well. It may have come from the next episode, which will be next week.

RVD_fan

That brings up a good question. Would the other 63 trainers participate just fine with the lucky trainer not getting to fight in the preliminary?
Actually there's 128 trainers. But yeah, that doesn't really make any sense. I thought the 'preliminary rounds' of previous tournaments were to get to an even number, but here there's a clean 128 anyway.

It bugs me in general that they have one-on-one battles in these tournaments. You spend months trying to collect eight badges in order to get to the league, you send in a fire type and they send in a water type, too bad, you're gone.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode. Really, though, Cameron was stupid. Thinking that just showing up automatically gets you registered. What a fail. Cameron shouldn't have entered after the closure. If it closes, it closes. There shouldn't be any exceptions. It's not fair to other trainers who couldn't register.

It's nice to see the gang back together, though.

DoctorDark

Honestly... how stupid can one be?
I really don't like Cameron as a character. If you don't make it to registration and screw up its entirely your fault. Just being a scatterbrain is one thing, being outright dumb is a complete other. There are definitely other ways to develop a humorous character.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Oh man, this episode was awesome! Finally here, at the Unova League!

I like the episode, it has a good start and a nice setup. I got to say, I really like the league's design, actually. Its also good to see all of Ash's rivals again; Trip, Bianca, Stephan, Cameron and Virgil! Haha, they finally say Stephan's name right! Funny, Cameron forgot to register, while camping out for 3 days. :p

Huh? Ash is already up against Trip, in a 1 on 1 preliminary round! Ooh, I like seeing Trip acting really nice towards Ash. Oh well, at least the battle looks good so far but too bad Pikachu isn't able to land any attacks on Serperior... It looks like a great, yet scary battle! Its also nice to see the rivals battle's too! :O

Oh wow, I really enjoyed this episode! An awesome, yet suspenseful way to start off the Unova League! I'm so pumped up for the next episode!

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
So why is it people hate Cam? due to him being an idiot? I mean Bianca is an idiot in the anime but people don't hate her.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Perhaps because Bianca isn't as scatterbrained, but she's more ditsy. Not sure if those are any different. At least she has the knowledge of knowing about the whole League process.

But i think Cameron's hate mostly comes from the breaks he's getting. Which makes it like an unfair thing towards others.

I don't hate his stupidity, unless it directly affects another character. I'm afraid we'll see something like this for how Cameron is a loose cannon.

diakyu

So why is it people hate Cam? due to him being an idiot? I mean Bianca is an idiot in the anime but people don't hate her.
Because of something he does later that really rustles everybody's jimmies.

I like him and his team. He has proven himself to be a pretty funny character and a decent trainer.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Huh? Ash is already up against Trip, in a 1 on 1 preliminary round! Ooh, I like seeing Trip acting really nice towards Ash. Oh well, at least the battle looks good so far but too bad Pikachu isn't able to land any attacks on Serperior... It looks like a great, yet scary battle! Its also nice to see the rivals battle's too! :O
Uh... nah, no point in spoiling it -_-