• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Curtain Up, Unova League (764)

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
I don't know if it's because I know what'll happen; but I was incredibly underwhelmed by this episode, despite being a league opener.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't know if it's because I know what'll happen; but I was incredibly underwhelmed by this episode, despite being a league opener.
Spoilers do that for you :p

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This was a pretty decent episode all around that just makes you look forward to the next one. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
So we finally arrive at Vertress City for the Unova league and we start up with the meet and greets. Surprise, Surprise its Bianca and no surprise that she crashes into Ash and he goes into the water :p. We continue and Stephan (which we finally get the name right!) and Virgil arrive but there seems to be someone missing, oh well lets go register! After that its time to unpack but we see Cameron (thats whose missing!) who has forgotten to register. Fortunately, Nurse Joy lets the tardiness slide and we seem some interesting badges.

We then whisk to night time and Ash is thinking back on his adventure and I really enjoyed the little montage of the Gym Leaders, they seem so far away.

Finally, the unova league! Well, the qualifying round and Ash faces Trip. Unexpected for me but it makes sense considering their last encounter was 1 on 1 and this time Ash uses Pikachu. I look forward to see how this works out :).

On to the next one!

STICKTOPIA

Cameron thought registered was a pokemon. I really LOL'ed at that

DoctorDark

Because of something he does later that really rustles everybody's jimmies.

I like him and his team. He has proven himself to be a pretty funny character and a decent trainer.

I'll be honest what he does later really did rustle my jimmies and made him dislike him even more but I actually didn't like him as a character from the start.
Bianca is a ditz but its very apparent that she still has her priorities lined up (takes care of her pokemon first and foremost and does small things for friends that might seem a bit abrupt or odd or more troublesome that useful but in the end shows that she cares).
Cameron is such a klutz and scatterbrain I can see him making critical errors and hurting not only himself but his pokemon as well.
He also has a TERRIBLE habit of sending out pokemon with a x4 weakness to the pokemon of the other side. Its like he doesn't care about some of his pokemon and that bothers me more about his character than anything else.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
Hmm... The friends/rivals meet, The stadium setup, the torch lighting, the Ash can't sleep scene... Yep! It's all here! At least the writers were smart enough to throw one curveball by having Ash face Trip right off the bat. :p

DoctorDark

Hmm... The friends/rivals meet, The stadium setup, the torch lighting, the Ash can't sleep scene... Yep! It's all here! At least the writers were smart enough to throw one curveball by having Ash face Trip right off the bat. :p

I agree its just unfortunate that by facing off so early both are forced to only use one pokemon.
I feel like the writers/animators didn't want to deal with working on a 6v6 battle between the two guys.

DoctorDark

Ugh it's killing me to not say something... but it's a spoiler

Ash never gets to face 6v6 against Trip in the league so while I know what you are talking about I was actually talking about trip and trip alone :p

Battra

Mediocre start to the Unova League, of course the idiot savant manages to get in despite actually missing the deadline cause he's friends with Ash, and of course Ash faces of against Trip in the first round cause we set it up back when Dawn was with the group, and of course Ash is going to win because he lost against Trip last time and of course Ash needs to advance.

DoctorDark

Mediocre start to the Unova League, of course the idiot savant manages to get in despite actually missing the deadline cause he's friends with Ash, and of course Ash faces of against Trip in the first round cause we set it up back when Dawn was with the group, and of course Ash is going to win because he lost against Trip last time and of course Ash needs to advance.
While I agree with your sentiment... how is Cameron a savant? Hes more or less a straight up idiot who gets lucky occasionally :X
Savant would require the person to be particularly brilliant in a field.

LizardonX

Banned
IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN ANY FAITH IN THE LEAGUE THEN DO NOT OPEN. thanks AcC

[spoil]Cameron is the one who eliminates ash and bianca from the league[/spoil]

Last edited:

DoctorDark

IF YOU WANT TO MAINTAIN ANY FAITH IN THE LEAGUE THEN DO NOT OPEN. thanks AcC

[spoil]Cameron is the one who eliminates ash and bianca from the league[/spoil]

NOOOO don't spoil it. Even with a spoiler tag people will open it D:<
Don't worry I'm already updated to the latest episode but seriously.....

Canada

Banned
NOOOO don't spoil it. Even with a spoiler tag people will open it D:<
Don't worry I'm already updated to the latest episode but seriously.....

There's a warning, thet's enough to stop someone from opening it unless the person who reads the post is stupid or something.

As for the episode it was boring.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I'm still a little surprised with Ash vs Trip being a 1 on 1 preliminary round battle, instead of a 6 on 6 full battle after Trip really improved in the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup.

Anyway, I like seeing Trip acting really nice to Ash before battling each other instead of after.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hahahaha, Cameron's such an idiot. :) At least they would get the inevitable rival battle out of the way early between this episode and the next, especially when I've never liked Trip. I'd rather have Bianca and Stephan around for the whole tournament anyway, they're more fun to watch. And I like Stephan's reaction when they finally said his name right, and Ash claimed that's how they've pronounced it all along. Yeah, sure. :p

7/10