• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Customization of protagonists

Red and Blue

Maybe. If they include other villages there might be some sort of shop for clothing.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well people from this time period don't seem to care much about fashion. They didn't have as much variety in clothing because they didn't have factories to mass produce different types of clothes, they just seemed to wear whatever was practical. So I'm not sure customization really fits the setting of the game, but I wouldn't be against it if they did have different types of period appropriate clothing.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
This game takes place in the past, so clothing options are likely far more limited than games taking place in modern times. I doubt both this and BDSP will have it. Maybe they'll do a more limited type like LGPE and only have outfit sets.

Aetius

The only customization that I expect is a practical one
Basically, we could buy clothes that makes the exploration of swamps easier (especially around Pastoria City), clothes that protect us from cold and heat (Snowpoint Area and Stark Mountain), clothes that give us special abilities and so on
That's what I think at least

Ultra Beast Lover

Well, looking back the clothing options of previous games often matched with the environment of the region. However, I'd imagine they'd rather go with clothing that matches the time period. I personally don't mind if we don't have too many clothing options because the players' outfit looks cool enough. Although, I would like to finally have a cape, maybe a hood.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I don’t expect much customisation but I hope they at least allow you to customise your hair, skin and eye colour at the start of the game, like they’ve done since XY, except allow you to freely choose a combination rather than have default presets.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Maybe something like a ranking system for the Dex where we get “better” accessories the more Pokémon we document. So say we start off with bronze but get silver once we document every Pokémon in a specific subsection of the map.

ckd89

I want a Pikachu outfit for my character definitely this game's going to be awesome!!!!!

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Looks like we got customization! :D

Interestingly, I think I'm gonna keep it simple and stick to the traditional Japanese attire. I really wanna stay within the times.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I want to use the promo Kimono all throughout the game if possible. Kimonos are my favorite type of traditional Japanese clothing. In Animal Crossing NL and NH I immediately buy any kimono and related items immediately if I don’t have them.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think I'm going to customize my character to play as Yasuke, an East African samurai who was first brought to Japan as a slave in the late 16th century, but won his freedom and became a powerful force during end of the Oda era.

Hopefully the game has the hairstyle Yasuke was known to have, similar to Mitsurugi in Soulcalibur.

Red and Blue

I think I want to wear the business suit. It's so spiffy, lol

Last edited: