• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Sceptile! Dawn of Revival!

Ash & co have arrived on the island of the Battle Palace which happens to be a massive Jungle. Ash, eager to make his upcoming battle with the Brain as good as it can be, decides to put extra emphasis on helping his recently evolved Sceptile to be able to use it's attacks. However in the process, Ash & Sceptile get seperated from the group and meet with the Frontier Brain, Spenser. Will Ash & Spenser get Sceptile to be able to use attacks again?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I'm so excited about this ep. So Serebii, what attacks did he learn?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Nintendo Theatre said:
I'm so excited about this ep. So Serebii, what attacks did he learn?
If any the ones he lost. You know; Pound, Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, Slam. He wasn't trying to learn a new attack, just his old ones.

JazzJazz

Gaiash said:
If any the ones he lost. You know; Pound, Bullet Seed, Quick Attack, Leaf Blade, Slam. He wasn't trying to learn a new attack, just his old ones.

I doubt we'll see sceptile utilising all of the attacks it had as a grovyle... some, maybe, but I see something new coming into the repertoire.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
JazzJazz said:
I doubt we'll see sceptile utilising all of the attacks it had as a grovyle... some, maybe, but I see something new coming into the repertoire.
yeah he'll learn something new but not yet.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
In the speculation thread it has been 95% confirmed that Sceptile learns Bounce in this episode, not sure if its true but stranger things have happened.

MaskedManAbsolkid

In the speculation thread, all that was said was that it can jump really high >>

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
The fudge?

Also, very bad news. Apparantly Eevee learns attacks in the same way as Squirtle. Infact, its despair upon seeing this is what drove Sceptile to run away.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
LMAO, so Sceptile goes into a pissy fit because Eevee learns Shadow Ball in front of him?

Bwhahahahaha. That's brilliant!

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Former Absolkid said:
In the speculation thread, all that was said was that it can jump really high >>

Yeah and one guy said it was probably Bounce, but like I said it was only 95% confirmed, but your probably right, LOL.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Addydo said:
Oh dear God! I HOPE Sceptile didn't learn Bounce. o_O

why is that?

Leon

sceptile cant even learn bounce!

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Haru said:
sceptile cant even learn bounce!

Charizard cannot learn Dragonbreath but that didnt stop the writers, but then again you could be right.

Addydo

X-Men/Pokemon Fan!
Serebii said:
He didnt learn Bounce...get that out of your heads. All it can do is jump high, which based on it's species is not that uncommon, at least via the animal its based on

So Serebii, did he regain all his attacks or what!? :) ;munchlax;

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
Serebii said:
He didnt learn Bounce...get that out of your heads. All it can do is jump high, which based on it's species is not that uncommon, at least via the animal its based on

So what did it learn then or will I just have to find out when the pics are up?
Just joking, I'll wait.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
crawdauntpro said:
Charizard cannot learn Dragonbreath but that didnt stop the writers, but then again you could be right.

It could in the GSC days. The information the writers use can easily have input from the GSC attack possibilities.

ZoraJolteon

King of the Marsh
Firstly, Charizard can learn Dragonbreath, secondly Sceptile did regain its old attacks.

crawdauntpro

darksidetrainer
ChaosMage said:
It could in the GSC days. The information the writers use can easily have input from the GSC attack possibilities.

Oh yeah, just remembered, sorry about that, I havent played the games for years.