• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves.
uh no. May never trained Squirtle at all. It had one battle prior and won in a contest. May was training Eevee when it learned it. There are such things as egg moves and Eevee hasnt been in a contest yet so we dont know what the outcome is.

Pikachu

NW Tourney Winner
This episode is terrible. First, they had to make ash and Sceptile get attacked by Beedrill. Then after that it got really boring after they got out of the water. And I actually like Sceptile.

Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Pikachu said:
Having an episode where Sceptile re-remembers its moves is an interesting episode, but this isn't a good way it should be done. Like Sonuc from AoSth says: "That's no good".
Those were touching moments. And you have the gall to say they were boring? Not enough Pikachu, huh Pikachu?

seizureman said:
Eevee is pulling a Squirtle and getting more on my nerves.
I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at this very moment to get over it. It's the nature of May's Pokemon. They simply don't garner the same attention to detail as Ash's Pokemon do when it comes to new attacks (like training and perfecting said attacks). If it's going to happen enough times, then I say "Hey. Let it go." By this time, we should be glad we get anything at all.

Last edited:

Wind Waker

Now that's Effulgent
Te-he! I like May's eevee because it ****** sceppy off, and that could build Sceptile's character a little.

and eevee with shadow ball is good, because it evolves it makes umbreon a near certainty (I hope).

I'm not as upset with the beedrill because they would be good battlers, they have the advantage and I can't think of any other bug types who could cause as much trouble, unless it was ninkask.

So the episode was alright in my book.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
V Faction said:
I'm telling you and most of the fanbase at the very moment to get over it.
Indeed, May mentioned training it a good while ago, can't you people just accept that Shadow Ball was the end result of potentially several weeks of training? Some people are acting like just because we don't see a Pokemon struggle to learn a new move over an episode or several its "pulling a Squirtle" (which even in Squirtle's case does not apply).

I mean nobody gets upset when a Pokemon learns AND masters a move in mere moments (i.e Noctowl and Confusion) during a battle, but we're up in arms over the fact that Eevee learned just about the only neat move it can get while training? Would you prefer that we got stuck with a bunch of episodes of its biting and tackling things?

Age, strength and the moves a pokemon learns are not really linked to each other in the anime. The trainer is the most important factor. Therefore if Eevee performs well in its first contest it will be because May trained it well, not because it "pulled a Squirtle."

<><><>

*coughs* Ahem... Now that that's over with:

From the pictures I can see this episode may not be all that "exciting." But it more than makes up for it in character growth, emotion, bonding and such. I mean how often do we get to see Ash spend any length of time alone with one of his Pokemon aside from Pikachu? We should be thankful, not calling the episode awful because it wasn't full of battles.

We got to see quite a different side of Sceptile, as he learned to accept and appreciate Ash's protection and help, something it has always had a tough time doing. You could tell that Sceptile was increasingly impressed with Ash's bravery and determination, especially when he took on the Beedrill swarm with nothing but a stick, and when Ash continued to support Sceptile even when his knee was injured.

Sceptile lost his moves because of forsaken love, here he finds Ash loves him more than he ever knew. This gave him the inspiration needed to get his powers back, when no amount of practice and time seemed to work, he got his powers back the same way he lost them, through love. *gets choked up a bit, sappy music begins to play*

And I really don't get the Beedrill hatred. They aren't used all that often and it makes perfect sense. You anger a sworm of giant wasps, you either defend yourself or run, and most often running is the best bet. Besides they were Bug/Poison, a good choice to injure Sceptile so badly.

Lastly, that stream of light behind it confirms it for me, Sceptile used Quick Attack to get down to Ash before he could hit the ground. The scene with Sceptile holding his master who had been holding him up all this episode was so very sweet.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned a highlight of this episode - Manene mimicking Wobby durring the motto.

The Beedrill chases are simply a cliche. We need something new, like Ninjask.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Beware the screaming cicadaes of death.

Leaf Blade rocks. It's double the pain.

Jikkle

Volcano Trainer
I don't know why I'm still annoyed at Scottie showing up at each facility like Ash's stalker. I should be used to it by now. But I'm not. I'm still far too disturbed.

Scott was someone that would always pop up in Emerald as you went along in the game so I think the writers are pretty much doing the same thing here.

I don't know if someone has said it already but Sceptile does not run off because of Eevee doing shadow ball. Ash has all his pokemon out and bascially does a roll call with them each one doing one of their moves and when it comes Sceptile doing bullet seed he can't do it (as if Ash should be suprised that he can't) Than the scene skips to late afternoon with Sceptile still trying to do bullet seed and finally getting fed up with not doing it and running off to beat it's head on a tree (maybe nurse joy can prescribe some pokemon prozak). It's not a really exciting episode but just a nice one where Ash inspires his pokemon with his love and devotion to them. Think Charizard Chills with a Sceptile instead.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Seen the episode and really liked it. It was nice to see ash spend time with sceptile. At the end where sceptile used leaf blade to break itself and pikachu free and uses quick attack to catch ash in the air and then using bullet seed to slow down its landing was really nice. Overall IMO very nice episode and it was great to see how they really added growth to sceptile's evolution, something we dont see often.
O and for people who speak japanese what the hell was spenser talking about with brock and the rest of the group at night. Long speech.

Magus

Fog Trainer
ghost master said:
I think the early comments that Eevee pulled a Squirtle aren't entirely true. May was training with Eevee at least when it learned Shadow Ball.
Yeah, at least it didn't spontaneously learn Shadow Ball in the middle of a Contest battle. The fact that May was actually training her Eevee at all makes it not really "pulling a Squirtle", for that matter.

Opal Pikachu13

This episode was great! Seeing Ash bonding with Sceptile, then they try to fend off Beedrill, then Spenser helps Pikachu out when he got hurt real bad... but the best part is when Sceptile got his moves back making him and Pikachu able to escape Team Rocket with the help of his Leaf Blade. Very great Pokemon episode!

pikachu146

I saw the episode pictures.It was great that Sceptile regained bullet seed and leaf blade.It still has that put a twig to the mouth habit.I wonder if it learned any new attacks?

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
the return of TR's cardboard Beedrill sheild! I love it! Haven't seen that since episode 4, have we?

The episode? It looks great. Sceptile's Leaf Blade is awesome and Spencer seems like a really interesting character. (I still wonder what his connection to Groudon and Kyogre is...)

~Flareon~

Yeah, Sceptile had regain its old moves back. Its Leaf Blade is awesome and defeats Jessie's Dustox and James's Cacnea. May's Eevee learns a new attack, Shadow Ball much like her Squirtle learns 2 new moves, Ice Beam and Hydro Pump. Ash meets the Battle Palace Leader: Spenser.
I think Ash will use his Heracross, his Swellow and his Sceptile against Spenser's Venusaur, Shiftry and Claydol in the next episode.

Last edited:

JazzJazz

Flygon Prince said:
the return of TR's cardboard Beedrill sheild! I love it! Haven't seen that since episode 4, have we?

I'm a fan of it also, they should market the sucker... I'm thinking that we've seen it since episode 4, though I can't place when exactly.