• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cutting the Ties that Bind! (440)

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it has been a while since i saw this episode but i do remember that it was a decent episode. i should watch this one when i have the time.

STICKTOPIA

IMO i think grovyle should have evolved in this episode instead of the other 1 b/c it was completely useless in that 1.

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
This is one of the saddest episodes ever. ;_;

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
This episode was awesome. Ash and sceptile showed a huhge bond between each other. Good ol Sceptile ^_^

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Good Sceptile episode.

Sceptile's power finaly discovered. his power is Incredible. i think that Sceptile was able to beat TR without any problem, by itself.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Good episode, you got to feel a bit sorry for Sceptile and losing it's power.
It was good that Sceptile got it's power back, I liked that scene when the Beedrill are about to attack and Pikachu's thunderbolt comes out of nowhere and zaps them.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Hmm. I have such mixed feelings about this episode. On the bright side, Ash and friends finally arrived at the island where the Battle Palace is located and we saw Ash doing some more training for his match. May's Eevee also showed off it's Shadow Ball which was a stunning surprise. On the dark side though, Sceptile was having trouble using it's attacks. I found myself sort of secretly pleased though since Sceptile had always been so strong. How the mighty have fallen muhaha! No I'm just joking; it was quite sad that Sceptile had such trouble. This episode was centered around character development for Ash and Sceptile more than anything else though, and Ash's meeting with Spenser was eventful to say the least. Sceptile managed to get it's old moves back just in time for the next episode. A little too convenient but whatever. This gets a 7/10 for being all right but not all that great.

wasn't the island named Metallica island? bnd James says.. we're serounded by heavy metal when they were in the beedrill box? lol

Yes! I'm not the only one who made this connection!

--

Awesome! Sceptile got his powers back! I knew he could do it!! *Hugs Sceptile*
Scpetile is now one of my favorite Pokemon! Not quite better than Grovyle is, though.

I got a little choked up when Sceptile ran into the forest and was banging his head on that tree! Poor, poor Sceptile!

Every Ash/Sceptile moment in this episode was sweet!

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
Sceptile finally got its power and spirit..... now to Ash and Spencer's battle!

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... It was great to see Sceptile eventually regain its attacks after being too heartbroken to use them for awhile. It was cool to see Eevee learn Shadow Ball, a very unexpected attack for an Eevee. There was definitely a lot of bonding time in this episode for Ash and Sceptile.

38/100

Jnmisty

I really like this episode. It is one of many episodes where Ash goes head over heels to protect/rescue Pokemon even if it is his own especially when it is Team Rocket causing so much trouble.

Vernikova

Champion
The debut of the most dull Frontier Brain in the show. Another Sceptile episode which gets boring since he isn't interesting but I wasn't too bothered by it.

NPT

Just a member
This episode was awsome, Sceptile got good character development in this episode. I enjoy episodes which are centered around a Pokemon's character development.

Poor Scepy. :(
I felt really sorry for it because of how frustrated it was that it still couldn't use it's attacks properly. Glad he was able to in the end.

It was really heartwarming how devoted Ash was to helping Sceptile when they were lost in the forest like that. :(

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A really touching episode.I felt sorry for Sceptile taking a barrage of attacks from Beedrill to protect Ash.I liked Chansey using Heal Bell on Sceptile to help it recover.
9/10

JudySpell

Banned
Spencer was definitely boring compared to other Frontier Brains but I enjoyed Sceptile's development since he needed it at this point. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was glad that Sceptile’s move problem got some focus again and some closure. I was impressed by how Spenser healed Pikachu in the jungle as well, but I didn't like seeing evil Beedrills again.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Omg, Sceptile was really strong, especially his Leaf Blade. Also it was nice to see Ash care so much about Sceptile and also Sceptile caring so much for Ash. Sceptile's my favorite Hoenn Pokemon and I'm very obsessed with anything related to Sceptile. :p