• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cyber bullying & Suicide

BengalsFan65

Well when you think about it, Cyber bullying involves anything technology related. So, imagine being bombarted with texts, e-mails, or whatever else, and they are really hurtful. Im not saying suicide is the way out of it, not in the least. I do think however that it would be difficult to deal with at some point, right? I believe that the best way to handle this is to talk to your school counsler and the principal.

Eloi

Well when you think about it, Cyber bullying involves anything technology related. So, imagine being bombarted with texts, e-mails, or whatever else, and they are really hurtful. Im not saying suicide is the way out of it, not in the least. I do think however that it would be difficult to deal with at some point, right? I believe that the best way to handle this is to talk to your school counsler and the principal.

Unless you are homeschooled, than you are pretty much f*cked.

Eloi

"change your e_mail
You can't change your IP address.
(or just block the guy who send it)
They can get new e-mail addresses as well.
, your phone number
Because children are perfectly capable of changing their family's phone number.
and delete your facebook account
There is more than one outlet of cyber-bullying.
and be careful who you give your to"
People can find it without you giving it to them.
that is the way to deal with cyber bullying
Poor advice is the way to deal with it?
and not suicide that is always a selfish choice
[sarcasm]Yes, removing yourself from existence is selfish. [/sarcasm]
that hurts the people that matter
So the person who commits suicide doesn't matter?
especially if it's over something like the internet
The internet is just a medium for real people to converse, so what is your point?
And a piece of advice bullies are cowards that have fun annoying people just make so it's more trouble then fun ( a baseball bat to the head isn't a bad idea either)
So your advice is to bully bullies? I think you have no idea what you are talking about, and have no clear concept of stuff you are haphazardly giving advice for.

Eloi

Some pointers:
1) capitalization
2)paragraphs
3)proper use of punctuation.
Not trying to be mean, I just can't really understand what you are saying.
if i am not mistaken most people that are bullied are 17 and under so the people who bullied them are most likely the same age so i doubt they can track the ip and how can they know?
People who are 17 and under can in fact track IP addresses. There is no physical law that prevents it from happening, other than your underestimation of the skills of minors when it comes to being a prick.
The internet is pretty big the phone number has caller id again doubt 17 pay for phone bills mush less get block their caller id.
Is this reason why your argument fails? I can't understand you.
And i don't know about you but if i were to kill myself it would case my family and friends lots of pain so no matter how hard it is on me i wouldn't hurt the people i care about.
I think you are missing something here: you'd be dead. I somehow doubt your corpse/spirit-in-afterlife is able to observe your family's suffering.

Finally it's true i don't know about cyber bullying
Then quit pretending that you do.
but i have being on both ends of the stick
I have been as well, and online.
and the best way to get rid of a bullying is to stop making it easy and fun.
The best way to get rid of bullying is to contact higher authorities. Not beating people up.