• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cynthia and the Suzuran Conference

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
As we have seen, Cynthia is the first champion to be there for the pokemon league.

Also I guess she was there to witness Ash vs Paul.

But something that caught my eye was

"When Cynthia visits the player at their Villa, she notes how relaxing it is there and that that she doesn't want to go home because her house is a complete mess. She goes on to say, "My house? Even the region is a secret!" This hints that she may live in a region other than Sinnoh. "

Could it be her that mentions Isshu to Ash?

In your opinion what was her motive to be there for the league?

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I never knew she said that in Platinum.... Then it could very well be the reason why she is there. I don't see how Takuto can tell Ash about Isshu, he doesn't strike me as a guy who would pwn Ash brutally then tell him about Isshu.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
She might, but I would not expect to see Cynthia ever again in any shape or form even if we get Diamond and Pearl remakes.

Also Cynthia saying her home region is a secret shouldn't be taken seriously. In the game's Palmer knows the player's father and mention's him a few times, yet they obviously couldn't do that with Ash. They could have pulled that plot with Dawn since she has no father either but it didn't happen.

The point is everything that happens in the game is not going to happen in the anime.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Yes, it could be a clue. Maybe she will be the one to tell to Ash about Isshu, it'd be great.

I would have loved to see Ash have a training battle with her but it won't happen.

dman_dustin

The point is everything that happens in the game is not going to happen in the anime.

While that may be true, it doesn't really change anything. Cynthia could tell Ash to go to Isshu in a similar fashion to what Palmer did (as in telling him about Sunyshore Gym). I mean Cynthia is the Sinnoh Champion, why wouldn't she have some knowledge of Isshu, since she studies myths and legends, she may have travelled there to study. I know not confirmed, but it still doesn't change the fact that Cynthia is likeliest person at the Sinnoh League to tell Ash about Isshu.

Edit: The only reason why Darkrai's Trainer would tell Ash about Isshu is if Ash asked about his hypothetical 5th gen Pokemon.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
If she does live in Isshu, then wow, think how much money she spends every year on plane tickets

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
While that may be true, it doesn't really change anything. Cynthia could tell Ash to go to Isshu in a similar fashion to what Palmer did (as in telling him about Sunyshore Gym). I mean Cynthia is the Sinnoh Champion, why wouldn't she have some knowledge of Isshu, since she studies myths and legends, she may have travelled there to study. I know not confirmed, but it still doesn't change the fact that Cynthia is likeliest person at the Sinnoh League to tell Ash about Isshu.

Edit: The only reason why Darkrai's Trainer would tell Ash about Isshu is if Ash asked about his hypothetical 5th gen Pokemon.

I was referring to the Cynthia home bit, not about her telling Ash about Isshu, she might as well. And before anyone suggests it I doubt Cynthia lives in Isshu, I do not think we'll learn her 'secret' home, that's all.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I really doubt that the writers thought about Isshu back when they were writing the codes to this. It seems a long shot that she will the one to tell Ash about it.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I always thought that line indicated that she lived on the Battle Frontier island, since it's stated to be not in Sinnoh.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Cynthia, mentioning Isshu to Ash? I guess it would fit; since she witnessed him battle his way to the top, she might think he's ready for a new challenge and she could be the one to convince Ash to go to Isshu. It would certainly be a change since usually Oak or Gary convince Ash to journey somewhere new. Anyway, there could be several ways to translate that line of text from the games. We can always just go with the old anime =/= games thing but this time, I'm hoping that the games and the anime have something in common.

Navin

MALDREAD
As we have seen, Cynthia is the first champion to be there for the pokemon league.

Also I guess she was there to witness Ash vs Paul.

But something that caught my eye was

"When Cynthia visits the player at their Villa, she notes how relaxing it is there and that that she doesn't want to go home because her house is a complete mess. She goes on to say, "My house? Even the region is a secret!" This hints that she may live in a region other than Sinnoh. "

Could it be her that mentions Isshu to Ash?

In your opinion what was her motive to be there for the league?

Her motives to be at the league...well, she is the regional Champion, and she probably likes to watch battles. Also, she probably wants to know who will win, seeing how that person may end up challenging her.

dman_dustin

I really doubt that the writers thought about Isshu back when they were writing the codes to this. It seems a long shot that she will the one to tell Ash about it.

Your joking right, do you know how long episodes take to make? They had to know about Isshu, when Isshu is only 3 episodes away.

There is just no way in hell they made this episode without knowledge of the 5th gen. The basic plot could've been written before knowledge of the 5th gen sure, but during actual production of this episode? No. Not if another animation team was most likely already working on the first B/W episode at that time.

Cythia mentioning Issuh to ash is just as likely as Oaked, Gary, Misty, Brock, or Dawn mentioning it to Ash.

If you're saying that it's not at all possible, I'll give you Misty, Brock and Dawn. But Oak and Gary? Seriously Gary and Oak were the ones to tell Ash about Sinnoh. Honestly people, I think some of you are just insulting the intelligence of the Pokemon characters. They likely retconned it, and anyone not in direct contact with Ash (except James and his rich parents) is likely to know about other regions.

I really fail to see why Isshu is just so different, simply because it's far away. Someone has to tell Ash about Isshu, unless he gets on a boat or a plane and it veers off course.

Last edited:

erebus

I believe that Cynthia and this darkrai trainer are the most likely candidates in the race to tell Ash about the new region.

I mean, if all they wanted her at the league for was to comment/react to the Ash vs. Paul battle then they could have just made her out to be watching it on TV (like Reggie), but I believe that Cynthia is there for a greater purpose; either to tell Ash about the new region or to have a confrontation with the DT (the latter may just be wishful thinking on my part).

But then again I could be wrong. There may be no reason of significance for the writers to have included Cynthia at the league stadium (other than fan-service!), and the DT may just be there as an excuse for Ash to loose the league. If this is the case then either Prof. Oak or Garry seem the most likely to put Ash on his new path IMO.

Someone has to tell Ash about Isshu, unless he gets on a boat or a plane and it veers off course.

Well, it would certainly be a change from the usual Oak/Garry bit :p

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Ash was never for some reason told about Kanto.

But seriosly I think Ash will learn about Isshu from Aragui.

BlueVapor

Hmm. Maybe Cynthia sees Ash lose to Takuto, thinks there's potential, and tells him that he should go to Isshu. It's possible.

Someone has to tell Ash about Isshu, unless he gets on a boat or a plane and it veers off course.

I'm sorry, but that just sounds interesting.