• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cynthia vs Lance...who gonna win?!

Whos better?

• Cynthia, she rocks!

Votes: 36 69.2%
  • Lance, he is amazing!

Votes: 16 30.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
Personally I prefer Cynthia, but Lance's team has superior strength.
I'm honestly not sure.

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
No, Wataru's team hasn't. Milokaross alone can take down half of Wataru's team.

Who take down what? Are you using their Japanese names? If so, can you please just refer to them in English? Thank you.
And besides, it's my personal opinion and preference.
There's no wrong answer.

joep05

master of disaster
depend on the pokemon and the moves, on hg/ss, dragonite is ok at bestuntil it fires DM, as soon a it uses DM it is arguably the worst pokemon on his team which is pretty ironic since it is the mighty lances primary pokemon. altaria is pretty poor, in my opinion, his best 2 pokemon are in fact his worst, its gyarados that is the real threat of his team due to DD, garchomp and salamence are also formidable and charizards not bad. tough but interesting. cynthias best weapons against a dragon type trainer will be her primary pokemon garchomp and milotic, but she doesnt really have anything truly capable of taking down a dragon dancing gyarados and based on gyarados alone id have to say lance.

Ver-mont

cynthias best weapons against a dragon type trainer will be her primary pokemon garchomp and milotic, but she doesnt really have anything truly capable of taking down a dragon dancing gyarados and based on gyarados alone id have to say lance.

She doesn't have anything to counter Gyarados... oh wait, she has an Eelektross? That thing that's capable of dealing 4x damage on Gyarados while having no weaknesses itself?
(and by the way... Milotic, Lucario, Eelektross and Garchomp are able to use a Dragon-type move each, so she wouldn't completely limited to Garchomp and Milotic)

Since you're using the rematch team, it's fair to consider one of Cynthia's posterior rosters.

Last edited:

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Cynthia will lose by her amnesia.

If you guys play diamond or pearl version (not sure for platinum), take note of her dialogue lol.

~Kari~

Cynthia's Milotic has Ice Beam for the dragons and Surf for Charizard/Aerodactyl. Her other Pokemon could also handle his Gyarados. Even though I like Lance better, he would probably lose.

tomatohater

Golden Sun 4?
Cynthia because she has varied types of pokemon. Lance though just has mostly dragons. in a battle cynthia would obliterate lance.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Cynthia would win

Cynthia would definitely win

Gyarados: Togekiss' Shock Wave
3x Dragonite: Milotic's Ice Beam
Aerodactyl: Milotic's Surf
Charizard: Lucario's Stone Edge
Salamence: Milotic's Ice Beam
Garchomp: Milotic's Ice Beam
Altaria: Milotic's Ice Beam

Heartlessangel17

Dark Trainer
Cynthia would definitely win

Gyarados: Togekiss' Shock Wave
3x Dragonite: Milotic's Ice Beam
Aerodactyl: Milotic's Surf
Charizard: Lucario's Stone Edge
Salamence: Milotic's Ice Beam
Garchomp: Milotic's Ice Beam
Altaria: Milotic's Ice Beam

Thats putting a lost of pressure on one Pokemon, think about it. Milotic is mostly a defense Pokemon, and isn't all that fast. I don't think it could survive against 3 dragon types.

Ver-mont

Thats putting a lost of pressure on one Pokemon, think about it. Milotic is mostly a defense Pokemon, and isn't all that fast. I don't think it could survive against 3 dragon types.

Lapras is a somewhat slow, defensive Pokémon and mine got rid of Lance's three Dragonites by herself without any problem.
I don't see why a Milotic couldn't.

Cynthia! Of course! How could Laance win?! He could win if he gets rid of his monotype-dragon team.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
One thing to consider is that Lance's team isn't exactly monotype - nine times out of ten, he also has a Gyarados, Charizard and Aerodactyl, none of which are part-dragon. Even rematched using his "final" Gen.IV team, he still has Charizard and Gyarados.

Assuming that Lance is using his rematch team against Cynthia's Platinum team (ignoring levels for the sake of the argument), they're actually pretty even type-wise. It mostly depends on whether Lance can take down Milotic quickly. His other two main worries are Lucario, which can be taken down handily with Charizard, and Garchomp, who he stands on equal footing with type-wise.

Honestly? This one could easily come down to who plays the match smarter.

Ver-mont

What about after taking a Thunder from Dragonite to the dome??

It's gotta be Lance, He's a classic! :)

What about killing that Dragonite with an Ice Beam before it even attacks? Only one of his Dragonites knows Thunder (that is, in the first match, none of his Pokémon know it in the rematch), it's a move with 30% of chances of missing. He didn't even use it against me (not that I gave him the opportunity, I guess). You just got to have a Pokémon with a good Ice-type move and Lance's Dragonites are a piece of cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.