• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Cyrus - best villain?

Baks

Do you think he is one of the best villains that we seen so far?

I personally think that he is.

He is friggin insane aka Kefka style in a good type of way. He just wants power the sake of it and doesn't care about the way he goes about it. XD

Since future eps in the anime are obviously gonna be based on the main storyline of the games - especially Platinium.

We all know he is gonna do this:

Capture the lake trio
Open up the red chain
Cause Palkia and Dialga to go beserk up on the Spear Pillar by screwing up in his efforts to capture them
Probably will open the Torn World and cause Giratina to go insane as well nearly causing the destruction of the entire world

Cyrus has hell accomplished a heck lot more than of the other pokemon villains have done imo.

Alloute

Not Banned
No, Giovanni operates in several regions.

Cyrus does not, and Cyrus is just creepy, Gio has personality.

Morcombe

Cyrus is a lot better than those idiot bosses of team Aqua and magma.

Though I'd prefer a story arc with Giovanni being the main villain for once

thunderblade12

Giovanni was never a truely threatening villian. He never even does anything. Now a days he's become more of a comical villian.

J and Cyrus, and even the Team Galactic commanders are truely evil and threatening.

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
Giovanni Beats Cyrus.

No, Giovanni operates in several regions.

Cyrus does not, and Cyrus is just creepy, Gio has personality.

I agree. Giovanni is, and will always be the best.

Vernikova

Champion
I actually think that Pokémon Hunter J is the best villain that the series has had so far. She doesn't care what happens to the people that hire her or what happens to the captured Pokémon after she has given it away. All she cares about is her money and nothing more as shown in the Riolu 2 part special.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Pshaw.

Jessie and James own Cyrus anyday.

terminoob

The Underdog
Since Cyrus' only competition for best villain are TR, Aqua and Magma, and J.... There's not much competition... Aqua and Magma sucked, the regular TR does more than Gio does (aside from Mewtwo), so, him and J are basically the best ones by default... But at least they're actually a threat.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
All Cyrus has done so far is throw his arms up in the air and cackle maniacally.

Still, that's more than Giovanni ever did...

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The problem is that, on the show, we haven't seen Cyrus do much at all. Granted, his arc isn't over yet, but just from what's been shown so far, it's really on par with Aqua/Magma, only told in a more interesting way.

And a conclusion will be difficult because his two gameverse endings have been used already on the show--running off was what happened with A/M, and let's face it, movie 11 basically played out the Distortion World plot only with Zero in Cyrus's place. So unless they come up with something new, then we'll have seen it before and it'll be dulled because of it (even what happens in DPA! would be interesting since it hasn't been on the SHOW yet, by which I mean
[spoil]Cyrus disappears after being defeated on the Spear Pillar, only to resurface as Charon's prisoner two volumes later[/spoil]
only even that isn't over yet, so yeah).

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Cyrus looks like a good, but insane, villain. But J seems like an awesome villain a bit more. You know, almost killing Ash and everything. X_X Ill wait to find out how Cyrus can top that.

JD

Nah cyrus hasnt done anything to maniacial yet so I wont give him is props unbtil he actually does something

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Right for now- team aqua/magma are better then team Galactic.
Team Galactic have appeared for now in only 3 different places when the friends saw them(I don't counting ep 528). And I see that Galactic will appear just one more time so it'll be 4.
and team aqua/magma have appeared in 6 different places so they are better.
About the bosses- Cyrus is the best.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
He is certainly interesting. When ash and crew meet him again(possibly without a clue) it will be pretty creepy as he will probably go batshit crazy on them. So yeah he is the best villian cause no one has a clue who the hell he is.

victreebel007

Cyrus is rather odd, and overly enthusiastic. Giovanni is better he's cool, calm and has had Team Rocket in every region so far.

BM14murph

Master Collector
We haven't seen that much of him i think to judge personally but from what i saw of him in the celsstic town episode he seemed like a good aol strong and eviiiiiiiil character which is always good

Dragon of miracle

Meh... I don't care
Maybe. He has accomplished many thing. And his worker (if we can say so), Mars, Jupiter and Saturn is way better then Jessie and James.

Lemonade

From what we've seen in the anime so far, J is the best villain.
What has Cyrus done? Laugh maniacally while watching his commanders do the dirty work?
Cyrus is awesome and all but he really needs to do more.

Now J is just beast. She traps pokemon, freezes them in (what looks like) solid gold, sells them and just wants her goddamn money. Once she gets her cash she's out of there, and that's what I like about her. She doesn't stay and take the inevitable beating that other villains stick around for.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
From what we've seen in the anime so far, J is the best villain.
What has Cyrus done? Laugh maniacally while watching his commanders do the dirty work?
Cyrus is awesome and all but he really needs to do more.

Now J is just beast. She traps pokemon, freezes them in (what looks like) solid gold, sells them and just wants her goddamn money. Once she gets her cash she's out of there, and that's what I like about her. She doesn't stay and take the inevitable beating that other villains stick around for.
He knows who is trying to stop his evil team and stalks them as a museum curator. Also does some research and all. If that isn't badass I don't know what is.